This Fucking Thread

Every time I come across this image when I am lurking my libraries it makes my blood boil.

But it's not true is it? Please Jow Forums. tell me it isn't.

There has to be some kind of better reality.

Attached: you've sold yourself short.png (864x315, 70K)

It is true.
there is one place that values merit and ability over sjw bs. And it is actual black hat comunities.

I think the corps getting richer weighs heavier on me than the SJWs. The SJWs I can ignore.

In that case you are a fool. Seen so many fools that believed sjws can be just ignored.
But even so - bh communities can help you with taking corps down a bit.

bh communities?

OK, I'll heed your warning about SJWs. If you've got any horror stories I'd be interested in hearing them as rage fuel as well.

Attached: when trannies invade the industry.png (857x521, 131K)

In the 90s programming was still a dark art. Reusability was a myth. If you made something, odds are it was unique and valuable.
Now you've got a million pajeets hammering on keyboards cranking out shitty code and packaging a library is braindead easy. Libraries have little value now.

I license my libraries as MIT so other people help work on them. The finished products I make using the libraries I keel closed and sell as products or services. The only way to make sales is with lots of promises and a polished product. Normies love promises and polish.

People keep using permissive licenses. Just use dual licensing. GPL for open source projects to use your project and paid lincense for the rest.

>Seen so many fools that believed sjws can be just ignored.
They can and should be ignored, just like any other brand of kook.How is that so hard to understand? Fre-energy nuts,flat-earthers,end of the worlders, we ignore them all of the time. Engaging them is how they provide the ammo they need to put people who are borderline sympathizers,over the edge and join their ranks. I swear, some of you people have no clue about human nature.

unless you're a medium-large corporation, how are you going to check/enforce that?

You don't. But it's better than just giving it for free. And you're not about enforcing this for small fish. The purpose is that it prevents a big corporation from building on your free code and selling it for big bucks. For instance, if docker wasn't permissive open source, then IBM couldn't build their cloud solutions on top of it. Someone would figure out what they are using. So you're basically doing it to prevent big names from making tons of money from your project while keeping any improvements/bugfixes for their own proprietary extended version.

maybe I'm smallbrain, but how is that any better? you're just giving them a reason to enslave wagecucks, and the end result is the pretty much same

Option 1: give it away for free (universal MIT license)
you get nothing

Option 2: dual-licence it
you might get something

>>how are you going to check/enforce that?
>You don't.
>you might get something
clearly I know nothing about the legal side of open source licenses

>knowledge should be horded
kill yourself philistine

>Ada in its name
how self masturbatory are tech tranny cultists? jesus christo

OH NO NO

Attached: 22284.jpg (400x400, 23K)

OH NO NO

Attached: 2876.png (400x400, 285K)

if you don't want google et al using your code for free without giving back contributions release it under the agpl licence

>Trans women are women

They can still use the code, they just can't distribute it.

Network use is distribution under the AGPL

Only on demand. If they use a AGPL library to batch process data, then serve the data from another binary, it's perfectly fine.

I would bang.

>pic
just be glad that it's because of those people that we aren't forced to pick between windows or macos

BASED + checked

Torvalds uses GPL, aka the alpha license. The pic is referring to cuck licenses like BSD/MIT/Apache
Just don't use cuck license and everything in the pic is false.

if you actually wrote popular free software and can't leverage that into easy money somehow you deserve to be poor

They actually can not be ignored. They can, will, and likely have pervaded some part of your life, and it's only reaching out to others.
Exhibit A: I used to play Space Station 13, a roleplaying game about distrust and paranoia. Traitors killing innocents, things getting violent, etc. Part of the philosophy was, you aren't always going to be in control of everything. Over time, lots of people from the LGBT community started playing and slowly shifting the philosophy to focus on their self insert characters they live through vicariously and making sure any bit of violence in the game was CLEARLY ANNOUNCED in some manner before you pulled anything off or they'd scream and complain.
Exhibit B: Games done quick used to be a fun event where people played games to raise money for charity. People could be natural, interaction and the structure was organic. Transexual players are now put in strictly because they're trans regardless of whether they're actually good or not. "Dilation stations." Everything is absolutely politically correct and must respect everyone's feelings regardless of whether what you said or did actually attacked anybody or not.
Really it's pervaded most of the video/traditional game industry now, sacrificing artistic integrity for the SJW movement and convincing themselves (and others) it's the right thing to do.
Exhibit C: SCP. Enough said.
Exhibit D: Modern STEM culture is pushing for the glorification of women, minorities, and trans being brave and strong for getting into STEM.
There are fewer and fewer communities I have access to that I can enjoy for what they are at the core. The domain I have to satisfy my creative interests with complete faith to creative philosophy is shrinking. At the moment, what I have are lone, small-time programming, and books/poems about Arthurian and druidic legend.
I'm warning you, user. Back in 2012 I thought I could laugh it off and ignore it and it would never affect me. Boy was I fucking wrong.

It's true, and the solution is the formation of Right Wing Dev Squads. We go into software source repos, we fork their code, and we maintain it. Start with projects that have been fucked over by SJWism and start maintaining the older versions they tried to censor and ruin. The code is usually better beforehand, so people will use ours. This is how we save open source. I don't care if you're a moderate conservative, a libertarian, an actual nazi. I'll work with you as long as we can all agree that the pink haired aids having cock goblins need to be shoved back out of our main hobby and/or means of employment.

Attached: linux_desktop.png (909x1600, 990K)