pcpartpicker.com/
>Learn how to build a PC
Search youtube for a build guide for your socket
>How to install Win7 on new CPUs
pastebin.com/TUZvnmy1

Want help?
>State the budget & CURRENCY for your build
>List your uses - e.g. Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors, include purpose (e.g. photo editing, gaming) and graphics card pairing (if applicable)
>Don't use Speccy, you retard. Use HWinfo, SIV, etc.

Overclocking
>Use PBO on Ryzen. Legacy overclocking is defunct on Ryzen 2#00X CPUs. youtube.com/watch?v=FC3fsVk9Sss

CPUs
>R3 2200G - Bare minimum gaming (dGPU optional)
>R5 2400G - Consider IF on sale
>R5 2600/X - Good gaming & multithreaded work use CPUs
>i7-8700K - Best for 1080p gaming, but most expensive when factoring in delid, high-end cooler, etc.
>R7 2700/X - Best high-end gaming/mixed usage on a non-HEDT platform
>Threadripper/Used Xeon - HEDT

Motherboards
>Only Z300 series Intel boards can utilize fast memory

RAM
>8GB - Enough for most gaming use
>16GB - Standard for heavy use
>32GB - If you have to ask, you don't need this much
>Current CPUs benefit from fast RAM; 2933MHz+ is ideal

Graphics cards
1080p
>RX 570/580 /w Freesync or 1060 6GB are standard 1080p 60fps+ options
>1050Ti or RX560 for lower settings 1080p, or older games
>GTX 1070Ti/Vega 56 if seeking higher fps & you have a CPU + monitor to match
1440p
>Vega 56 /w Freesync, 1070Ti if you already have Gsync
>GTX 1080Ti if seeking higher fps & you have a CPU + monitor to match
2160p(4K)
>Titan V
OpenCL work
>Vega 64

Storage
>Consider StoreMi
>Consider getting a larger SSD (better GB/$) instead of small SSD & large HDD
>2TB HDDs are barely more $ than 1TB
>M.2 is a form factor, NOT a performance standard

Monitors
>Always consider FreeSync with AMD cards
>Lock to 72fps on 144hz non-Gsync monitors with Nvidia cards to prevent tearing on more demanding games
>PLAN YOUR BUILD AROUND YOUR MONITOR IF GAMING

Previous:

Attached: ParJh9q.jpg (3840x2400, 899K)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Gigabyte-GeForce-1060-WINDFORCE-GV-N1060WF2OC-6GD/dp/B01JNUO6BG
amazon.com/ZOTAC-GeForce-ZT-P10600B-10M-Compact-Graphics/dp/B01I5O5AP2
geekzone.co.nz/forums.asp?forumid=50&topicid=175873
pcpartpicker.com/list/7qmqBb
guru3d.com/articles-pages/msi-geforce-gtx-1070-ti-titanium-8g-review,5.html
stari.co/tv-monitor-viewing-distance-calculator
imgur.com/a/OOvwEWG
pcpartpicker.com/list/Bxkdr6
twitter.com/AnonBabble

benis

in bagina :DDD

Is WD a decent brand when it comes to SSDs? I'm looking into finally getting one and I'm wondering which manufacturers are shit and which ones are good.

>Is WD a decent brand when it comes to SSDs?
WD SSDs are basically overpriced SanDisk SSDs since they bought SanDisk.
Cheaper and/or better options: Crucial MX500, ADATA SU800 and Samsung 860 EVO.

I overclocked my 2400mhz ram to 3200mhz but my CPU went from 32c idle to 39c idle, is that normal?

Anyone?

Attached: 1532689921708.gif (128x128, 10K)

no you can't

you can connect 3 monitors to the 1080 though. i have a tv and 2 monitors.

The newest, more reasonable sounding rumors for "Turing", the 1180 or 1085 series, is that the 1180/1085 is going going to be a "GT104" die not "GT102".
So expected performance increase is more like +10-15%, plus some power saving, not 35-40%.

wtf does turing mean?
sounds like some kind of vegetable

And probably +10-20% price increase

not like amd will do any better so i'll be buying that new card

>doesn't know Turing
Leave this board immediately and don't come back.

I answered you in the previous thread.

And to recap:
Currytech rumor was that 1180 would be a 1080Ti die shrink.
Which sounded a little unreasonable, but not completely unreasonable, given that the 1080 was closer to a 980ti die shrink than 980.

New rumor is that it'll just be a 1080 shrink and not more cores.
Though it could wind up being something in between.

I think same price if it's really simply a die shrink.
But if they do add 10% more cores, then probably 10% increased price.

I think it's going to be more. AMD will have no answer anytime soon and Nvidia has learned that they can basically charge whatever they like.
Nvidia also currently has a rather large stock of cards in response to mining but since things have changed they are now sitting on it.
Considering this they will likely increase the price of new cards instead lowering it for old stock.

Give me the ok Jow Forums
Buy this workstation for 250$?
And get a new 1050 Ti with it?

Attached: LongScreenshot_2018-07-28-23-20-46~01.png (1080x4389, 359K)

As anti-consumer as Nvidia are, they can only get away with so much I think. The launch price of the 1080 was already grating on people. $600, only $50 less than the 980Ti was.

With 1080 still $500 MSRP, I think people will just be too pissed at a 1180 or 1085 which is only a slight upgrade being $50 more which it's a 2 year upgrade on a 4 year old arch.

And to add:
This is the exact same thing I said almost a year ago, that the 1180 would likely simply be a Pascal die shrink with possibly GDDR6.
Maybe 10% more cores (which would put it as how many the 980Ti had), 5-10% higher clock speeds, 15-25% overall performance increase along the SKUs.
People expecting another Maxwell or Pascal level of jump were crazy.
So it's still looking likely so far.

>22nm
>4c/8t
>3.7ghz base
>$250
Checks out. Looks good enough so long as the bios isn't going to give you issues.
Pretty good find, though you'd also want faster RAM than I imagine it has.

Though for ~$315, you can get a 2440g, b450 board, and faster RAM as well as DDR4 at that. So it depends how badly you need to save that $65 over getting something a tad faster on a newer platform.

even adoredtv is expecting a 30% increase and he researches this in depth despite him hating nvidia with a passion

+30% isn't much higher than +25%. Our expectation are close. Closer than the 50%+ of currytech.

I think AdoredTv seems to often overshoot expectations with Nvidia and undershoot with AMD because when Nvidia underperforms his stated expectation or AMD overperforms his stated expectation he can call that a win.

Yeah the combo of the work station and 1050ti is the same in price as the 2400g build.
That's why I am nervous and can't decide what to go for.
On one hand I get a kick-ass PSU+case for free Along with a very good processor that is equal to the 2400g access to huge cheap ram capacity and good GPU that will take a beating.
On the other hand ryzen is the future nice upgrade path expensive ram options/configurations with shitty mobos impressive igpu for now but no where near the 1050ti in performance.
I really don't know I don't want to fuck up since it's my first PC build since 2004.

>On the other hand ryzen is the future nice upgrade path expensive ram options/configurations with shitty mobos impressive igpu for now but no where near the 1050ti in performance.
current am4 will only last 1.5 years more. if you're buying a pc for ~$300 now just get the xeon because it offers way better value for money. in 3 or whatever years just drop a bag of cash on a nice high end pc. on a budget used is almost always better.

remember to not buy anything because prices might drop

Why would prices drop?

So is there a use for it or should i just sell it?

Keep in mind things like USB 3.1 etc etc etc.
I'd go with the newer platform with price that similar and with 2400G being cheaper lately.
There is also the 2500X coming out soon which may only be around $130-$145.

I do like the whole 22nm Haswell/Xeon used builds but I'm beginning to realize they need to be closer to $200 than $250 to be more worth it now.
Especially when you can get 2x4Gb of E-die for around $85 I think which isn't terribly bad.

That makes no sense. Do you have any clue what you're actually saying.
If AM4 is
>only
lasting 1.5 years more, then the Xeon platform will have last NEGATIVE SEVEN YEARS.
In 2020 you can throw a brand new 8 or maybe even 12 core in.
In 2020 on the Xeon, you're saving ~$50-65 while your upgrade option will be limited to a 6+ year old chip.

It's going to be well past 2020 when AM4 seems as old as 22nm FCLGA2011 does now where it's barely an option anymore.

just don't buy anything ever. Consumerism is a disease.

I am holding out until retailers announce preorders for the 11xx FE cards. Seriously praying I can snag a 1080 strix or something for a sweet price, they retail for $845 here

Attached: 25765737.jpg (1026x1019, 306K)

paying $400 for an apu as weak as a 2400g when he can get a cheaper build which will also have a 1050 ti is just pure stupidity. if he's going to spend $400+ on something he may as well unironically go for an xbox one x. a 2400g build at $400 is not worth it in the slightest.

Thanks.
I didn't know about the 1.5 years thing oh well.
>Keep in mind things like USB 3.1
I really can't tell the difference between usb 3.1 and 3
>There is also the 2500X coming out soon which may only be around $130-$145.
That's so cool will it have an igpu the whole appeal of the 2400g was how impressive the igpu was especially during the GPU price boom.
>I do like the whole 22nm Haswell/Xeon used builds but I'm beginning to realize they need to be closer to $200 than $250 to be more worth it now.
I probably can haggle the price down since the vendor is near me.
>Especially when you can get 2x4Gb of E-die for around $85
E-die? What? Where for that price this could possibly turn things around for me.

40% off current prices on 10xx cards when?

Never.

Shut up goy.

Seriously gonna have to shoplift an 1180 at this rate.

Why can't you rich fags settle for a 1070 or less.
Kys.

1070 is obsolete and costs more than 1070ti in burgerland. I'm gonna get the damn 1180 one way or another.

10-series cards are in low supply so by the time the next gen comes out they will no longer be for sale. Don't expect discounts greater than 20%.

I hope it costs 1000$.

how many cocks do I have to suck to afford an 11xx card?

Attached: 1529711145109.png (601x601, 277K)

Buy Bitcoin today and when 11xx release you'll have to money to buy them

>low supply
>Nvidia has 100,000s of 1060s/1080s and the like lying around gathering dust
doesn't add up m8

lmao

Attached: 1516177546802.jpg (1692x1167, 1.61M)

Will an RX 580 last me 3 years.

>GAYMERS RIZE UP

Attached: msi_big-bang_xpowerii_hs2.jpg (745x497, 136K)

Thank you for the anime

>VERONICA'S GONNA GET IT NOW

Attached: 85b.jpg (998x697, 209K)

What's a good motherboard/ram to pair with an i7-8086K

Z370 gaming 7, ROG Hero or Taichi
G.skill Trident Z 3200

I unironically like this

So is intel 9th gen really not going to support z370, only z390? They both stary woth 3 so i am a little confused by how they are trying to market this. There seems to be no reason why the chipset couldnt be used for 14nm+++++ and given their currenr situation it doesnt seem like it would be a good idea to for a change in chipsets after 1 year

Which of these two 1060 models would you guys recommend?
amazon.com/Gigabyte-GeForce-1060-WINDFORCE-GV-N1060WF2OC-6GD/dp/B01JNUO6BG
amazon.com/ZOTAC-GeForce-ZT-P10600B-10M-Compact-Graphics/dp/B01I5O5AP2

I can get the zotac for cheaper.

>big bang when you run a stress test for the first time

Zotac is cheaper because zotac is the worst brand. Do you want the worst brand to save a few sheckles? Its not a bad idea if mummy really wont give you a few more coins

>until customs tear your sweet new gaymer mobo up because it looks too tacticool
geekzone.co.nz/forums.asp?forumid=50&topicid=175873

I'm pretty certain user said $250 BEFORE adding the 1050Ti.

No 2500X won't have an iGPU. But you were going to get a 1050Ti anyway I thought? Like you were looking at around $400-$450 total cost?
Granted the Xeon comes with a case, meh hdd, etc.
Maybe the Xeon is better in that case as the price difference grows even if you add a $20 case and $30 HDD and $25 PSU.

Never Gigabyte.
Hard to believe they're worse than Gigabyte. Some of Zotac's higher end models seem to actually be decent.

their amp extreme line is pretty good, on par with strix.

im basically retarded when it comes to figuring out whats good or not and now that i finally have a job i was wanting to upgrade my pc since i had to build it for as cheap as possible (already had the monitor) and was just wondering what would be the best parts to start with.

Attached: HWiNFO64_2018-07-28_18-26-32.png (1306x581, 145K)

Aorus 1080ti is the best fucking card ever made. Bulky as shit for gaymer appeal, all kinds of cool gimmicks like copper backplate cooling and RGB up the ass.

Attached: Graphics Card Gigabyte AORUS GTX 1080Ti Xtreme Edition 11G 11GB GV.N108TAORUS X.11GD 6.jpg (1280x960, 77K)

that xeon + 1050 ti will be massively better for games than the 2400g using the apu at lets just assume the same price. other applications should be pretty much identically performing between the two as well

>niggabyte
>best card

Attached: lmao.gif (500x357, 353K)

Gugabyte makes premium motherboards and their GPUs are always good. Definitely my favourite company after Asus.

It would be 2400G+1050Ti not Xeon+1050Ti compared to 2400G using the iGPU.

No it's not.
If you want to go by card and cooler itself, discounting the GPU, the Vega Nitro+ LE is probably the best (vapor chamber etc), or something like the 1080Ti Lightning or Kingpin.
Aorus is dog shit compared to many. It's not even as good as some of the more mainstream models like the Strix.

>niggabyte
>premium
Good one.

>he Vega Nitro+ LE is probably the best (vapor chamber etc)
It also has it's own fan controller to control the case fans depending on the GPU temp.
Sapphyre are the absolute best at making GPUs

My vega 64 runs at 60C stock and quiet as a wisper and at 70 with a balls to the wall oc, although that sounds like a jet taking off

I would rate niggabyte to be the last preferable vendor of the 3 big mediocre vengors
Saphire>EVGA>MSI Lightning > IMMENSE POWER GAP> MSI non-lightning>Anus> Gigabite > dog shit> chink shit> gay shit > Zotac> Power Color > Galax > Palit > MSI Armor series.

using even the cheapest components with the 2400g it would come out to over $540 with the 1050 ti which is a whole lot more than he would be paying if he paid $250 for that whole work station + $160 on a 1050 ti. without the 1050 ti in the 2400g build (with the same cheapest as possible parts) it comes out to around a similar price as the xeon build (maybe ~$20 difference or so) yet he will have much worse gaming performance.

2400g + 1050 ti (cheapest parts on pcpp) = $542

xeon + 1050 ti = $414

2400g cheap build no gpu = $377

pcpartpicker.com/list/7qmqBb

it's just not worth it for someone like him who quite clearly wants to save as much as possible by going with that workstation in the first place.

You must retardes if you dont know the history of gigabyte and shills garbage like zotac

guru3d.com/articles-pages/msi-geforce-gtx-1070-ti-titanium-8g-review,5.html

Which nigger was telling me in the last general that the 1070ti Titanium has shitty cooling? Kys

I've always owned Gigabyte motherboards and they've always worked well. Msi on the other hand is shit.

Spark Mandrill me on 144hz for single player games.

Have you even owned an msi product?

144hz is good for all games. even RTS because it makes camera movement much smoother and much less fatiguing over long play sessions. it just feels better at everything even moving your mouse cursor on windows or scrolling in your browser. single player or multiplayer, it's much better.

Can someone explain static pressure to me? I know what it is, but how am I supposed to read the specs? I've seen a few graphs that show as RPM increases, SP goes down. Is this similar to trying to test a bearing with no load where since there's nothing to block the airflow there's no way it can build pressure?

Attached: 1445737370571.png (442x341, 182K)

rx560 vs 1050ti? do i just go with whichever one's cheaper?

Absolute worst idea.

you can only have 144fps on a monitor with shit resolution and a TN panel that has awful colors, awful viewing angles, awful contrast and shouldn't even poison the world with it's existence.

If you're not 16yo with an adderal prescription preparing for a quake 3 competition you really should go for a gorgeous, rich 32" or larger 4k panel with good colors and let your eyes feast on it's beauty.

Try looking out for AMVA 90% of them dog shit, but SOME select ones have AdobeRGB color space and 3000:1 contrast for a humble 500$ that will be the best purchase of your life.

It's been two years alredy and I still smile and pat myself on a tummy thinking how lucky I was to snatch such a great deal.
Seriously your monitor affects your quality of computer life the most.

560 is a 1050 competitor
1050 ti is about 10 fps faster on average. if the 1050 ti is below $150 then get that. if it's above get the 1050 because the 1050 is currently cheaper than the 560 but slightly faster.

AFAIK of these two 1050ti is significantly more better.
50ti is a low end gaming card, 560 is a sub-gaming tier, you'd be lucky to run Dota and CSGO on it.

How good does native 1440p on a 27" look?
I found that 1080p on a 23.4" IPS panel with 2x msaa and about 90cm (3 feet) looks very decent. Does 2x Msaa at native 1440p look good at such a distance from the monitor?

Attached: witcher3.jpg (2560x1440, 555K)

So my PC has been running great for two weeks now and I just tried installing a second 1TB HDD to go with my SSD

It boots up and corrupted my Windows install to the point where I have to do a fresh Windows install

What the fuck? DId I fuck something up? All I did was plug it into the psu, plug it into the sata port, and turn on the PC and it bricked my windows.

Good AMD cards when

Five years ago.

you have to manually set up which drive your PC boots from. Unless you bought the 1tb HDD from some chinese scam site I doubt the HDD has anything to do with your windows install getting bricked.

I have a 25" 1440p monitor and it looks fantastic from about the same distance. I don't think you'll have any trouble with a 27" of the same resolution
you're right in the sweet spot for 27" 1440p according to this chart: stari.co/tv-monitor-viewing-distance-calculator

I unplugged the HDD and set the bios to just boot from my SSD and it's still fucked. Couldn't even recover anything and did a full windows reinstall

Where did you get the 1tb HDD from?
Was it a retail purchase, a gift from a friend or did you find it lying on the street one day?

It's a brand new western digital drive from Amazon.

Go to a retail shop and ask them to check the WD drive for you. If it runs well then you know that your own hardware might be at fault. If it doesn't, you can get a replacement from amazon 30 days after the purchase.

I thought the 2400G+1050ti would come out a bit closer. I see HDDs are a bit expensive right now.
I came out to roughly the same amount you did, though, at $536.

With the 2400G system costing over 40% more, yep it's not worth it.
My original thought that around $250 is what you'd want to look for a used 8 thread Haswell or similar Xeon was still correct.

RX560 is like 5% slower than a 1050 in some cases.
Though in some cases it matches the 1050ti like in Wolfenstein 2 and shit.
So the RX560 should be closer to 1050 price than 1050Ti. Like around $90-$115. At that point, it's pretty good value.

And I'd not really recommend the 1050Ti unless you absolutely need the best card you can get WITHOUT a 6 or 8 pin power connector.
If you have a decent PSU with a 6 or 8 pin, I'd recommend you get a used GTX 970, RX470, or RX570 instead.

>560 is a sub-gaming tier, you'd be lucky to run Dota and CSGO on it.
The fuck? Even the 2400G iGPU runs Dota2 at 60fps on high settings. It does 200 fps (engine cap) on lowest settings. And CSGO is even less demanding. The RX560 is a bit more than 2x that performance.

Why not try 1440p supersampling to start with?
It should generally look better, especially in deferred rendered games. I play 2560x1600 or higher on my 1920x1200 monitor. Everything looks better, but it varies how significantly so.
Native 1440p would look even better still than a 1440p downscaled to 1080p does.

I think I'm just going to refund it and get my $40 back. Was only going to be used for having a backup of movies and shit like that.

>Why not try 1440p supersampling to start with?
Isn't using msaa already a form of supersampling where the game renders at 2X or 4X the resolution and outputs to the current res? I have blurring in video games and would much rather see some more pixels than some indiscernible blobs that FXAA produces.
Your're still gonna need a HDD for movies and such. Check out online reviews and get a 2tb 7200rpm HDD next time. You never know when you unlock a new fetish and you suddenly have hundreds of gigs of saved up smut.

High airflow = case
High static pressure = cooling components

>How good does native 1440p on a 27" look?

Very good.

That's not what I asked, I'm aware of the usage cases for CFM over SP and vice versa.

Doesn't MSAA only stencil out the outlines and apply it there? It uses a reconstruction filter.

No, though, MSAA looks completely different than properly rendering the entire game a higher resolution and downsampling it, especially so depending on the game.
>I have blurring in video games and would much rather see some more pixels than some indiscernible blobs that FXAA produces.
Downscaling will make things look MORE crisp, not less.
imgur.com/a/OOvwEWG Here's an example I did in Destiny 2, as it's a good example of a console port with terrible AA.
Though the fucking imgur compression really fucked things up a lot, you can still see it if you look.
2880x1800 no AA looks better than 1920x1200 with either AA option.

Path of Exile is a game I play quite a bit and it looks massively better at 2560x1600 downsampled using VSR.

Why don't you try it and see? It's Virtual Super Resolution on AMD and Dynamic Super Resolution on Nvidia. I highly recommend.
Only caveat is that you'll want to upscale your desktop resolution as well so your full screen games aren't switching resolutions different from your desktop on you. It seems to be a bit more of a Windows issue than driver issue, as it's present on both AMD and Nvidia.

I want to put some parts in this old case and put a Pentium 4 sticker on the front for shits and giggles

pcpartpicker.com/list/Bxkdr6

Attached: microatx.jpg (996x870, 267K)

>So we’ve established that supersampling works in principle for reducing aliasing in 3D graphics, but that it’s also prohibitively expensive. In order to keep most of the benefit of supersampling without breaking the bank in terms of performance, we can observe that aliasing of triangle visibility function (AKA geometric aliasing) only occurs at the edges of rasterized triangles. If we hopped into a time machine and traveled back to 2001, we would also observe that pixel shading mostly consists of texture fetches and thus doesn’t suffer from aliasing (due to mipmaps). These observations would lead us to conclude that geometric aliasing is the primary form of aliasing for games, and should be our main focus. This conclusion is what what caused MSAA to be born.

>In terms of rasterization, MSAA works in a similar manner to supersampling. The coverage and occlusion tests are both performed at higher-than-normal resolution, which is typically 2x through 8x. For coverage, the hardware implements this by having N sample points within a pixel, where N is the multisample rate. These samples are known as subsamples, since they are sub-pixel samples
So yeah, no. SMAA is closer, though.
Though I was originally thinking of adaptive supersampling.

But no, any AA method is going to take shortcuts. Supersampling is supersampling and as expensive as rendering at a higher native resolution.

You've got some really good suggestions nameriend.
However I have only a 1050 ti and my best bet is to play at native 1440p with reduced settings for reasonable performance. When I upgrade to a more powerful GPU I'll try messing with VSR/DSR and see what kind of performance that'll give me.

is this good?It's the only one amazon has listed and i dont want to play 100 euro for shipping on newegg

Attached: b450.png (1080x470, 414K)

no. and the official launch is in a few days. Hold your horses.

You're still not getting it.

There is no difference from playing 1440p on low settings downsampled to 1080p using DSR/VSR than playing 1440p native as far as the GPU is concerned.
The only difference is that the result that goes out to your monitor has an extremely cheap texture2d lookup between the pixels to sample 1080p from the larger image.
I don't know why you think your 1050Ti would do 1440p native fine but not 1440p downsampled to 1080p.

But that was the reason I upgraded to an RX580 myself. I was finally getting around to playing some newer games (like Destiny 2), on my 7970 which is only slightly faster than a 1050Ti. 1920x1200 would be fine, but would look like shit with the only AA options being FXAA and/or maybe SMAA x1. Looked better at higher resolution using VSR, but I couldn't keep a constant 60fps that way.
You can at least try it and see the look of it, and play on lower settings for more demanding games.

Idk which Gigabyte boards have the fake VRMs. I'd trust none of them.
Get b450m mortar, pro4, or carbon I think. I haven't really done enough research to form a better option than that yet.

Noob here. I'm hearing Ryzen is a good option for a budget build. Should I still be looking at Nvidia graphics or is amd/asus equally good?