This is correct

This is correct.

Attached: g's-definitive-language-ranking[1].png (800x700, 124K)

That's actually pretty accurate, but I would move Python down to enthusiast tier or hipster tier personally. Other than that I agree.

> python
> hacker

Attached: 1510109379322.jpg (600x375, 15K)

Yes.
/thread

>enthusiast tier or hipster tier
literally this

Attached: 1375349744644.jpg (640x712, 37K)

>Fortran not listed

Script kiddies

Add Kotlin to hipster tier
Python is pretty popular with security, watch some defcon presentations and you'll appreciate how common Python is in the space

My thoughts too

it's what pentesters and secfags use to write scripts these days though, asm could be used to reverse engineer malware. but i doubt any of them actually writes C.

You faggots even know what a hacker is?

where's CommonLisp?

A language that is okay on itself, but its usage has been blown out of proportion because of (((market demand))).

let me guess, your idea of hackers is some edgy teenager wearing black hoodie planning attacks on big evil corps for le anarchism with his leet skillz of printing binary code to the screen in green on balck theme?

A hacker is actually a programmer

>watch some defcon presentations and you'll appreciate how common Python is in the space
There was a time when Perl was the defacto language to post exploits in. In the end it doesn't matter languages are tools to get the job done. The interesting part is how they use those tools. Focusing on the language is irrelevant.

And if its popular with security, its only because the people presenting know that many people can read the code. so probably pythons use is more about its readability or accessibility than how much of an elite hacking tool it is.

Python should be in professional tier because of its use in science and engineering desu

I'd be fine with that too, just not hacker tier.

>A hacker is actually a programmer
Hacker culture is about understanding how things work and getting them to do what you want.

This can involve lock picking, escaping from restraints, self-defence, card-counting, being aware of emotional cues or cold reading and programming.

What is more important is the motivation and problem solving aptitude

>most used language in the world
>hipster tier
are you fucking sorry retard

Why did OP list Java but not JavaScript?

>Poo
Has India developed its own programming language?

Attached: Screenshot_20180729-000227.png (248x265, 36K)

So you mean autism?
Normal people dont give a fuck about how shit works.

Why do people associate Haskell with Hipster?

The only people that use Haskell are:

1. Math academics.
2. Companies that needed to ensure high levels of correctness on complex concurrent programs.

Hipters learn javascript and write medium post about how it is "the greatest language ever".

Why isn't Rust listed in Hipster tier?

Processing: a c-based language for beginners and artist developed at MIT. Its editor is als reused for the arduino-ide

>haskell
>hipster tier
that's not hipster at all, its the most popular functional language

hacker + enthusiast + shit + Jow Forums tier master race reporting in

> he put Lisp in shit tier with php and pearl
> Java is professional

Brainlet can't into computer science
Brainlet is professional pajeet

this.

Java is and always will be the most requested pro language in the market. Even if it is pajeet shit. Even if other languages can do better.

you keep fucking posting this OP quit already

> always will be

Are you really that new? You know how many languages hold that title since 60s?
Languages are evolving all the time, only reason Java is still popular is because old legacy business systems. But hey Fortran and Cobol are still here... Hmmm wonder why

Back in my days a hacker was simply someone who was not a professional and wrote code that worked, but was not well engineered. When we just wrote some small app quickly, we would say we hack some code together. Only later did it mean someone exploiting security leaks.

I can't wait for Python to die.

t. self-hating Python developer

But Python is so beautiful and easy to use.

This.

The only way to make Python efficient is to write everything in C and wrap it with a 1-line Python script, so yes.