Why don't you mechanical keyboard hipsters use a ball mouse?

Why don't you mechanical keyboard hipsters use a ball mouse?

Attached: images.jpg (259x194, 5K)

boy i wonder why

I'm surprised optical keyboards aren't more popular yet.

????
mechanical keyboards are better for typing. why would i want to use an outdated ball mouse?

One works better, the other is awful and rightfully replaced.

>shit accuracy
>ball gets dirty and slimy even with constant maintenance
>heavy

because i'm not a hipster

mechanical keyboards feel great to type on, only faggots think they're for hipsters

i was so dissapointed when I tried to bounce the ball inside as a kid

Because mechanical is superior for keyboards.

Optical is superior for mice?

"Mechanical" isn't always better.

Optical (including laser) mice are objectively more accurate.
Mechanical keyboards are more responsive and consistent than rubber domes.

It's about using the best of what is available, rather than sticking to only old stuff.

>they don't have a Corsair M63MM

Attached: Corsair-M63MM.jpg (1073x567, 56K)

i have an original razer boomslang 2000

i don't need your faggot shit

I used to have these in school and I'd take the trackballs out and throw them at people.

Yes, I was that autistic

Because i'm old enough to remember myself cleaning the shit from the wheels inside.

Although they had some hefty momentum, and sometimes you could jerk it too fast and make the ball overspin - felt like drifting the car lol.
I wonder if some autists are nostalgik for that feeling. Could become the new hot marketing shit like the "tactile bump"

>they actually make ball mouses again
Fuck me what year is it and where have we gone so wrong?

>slimy
no that never happened

Attached: 1532229803452.gif (280x250, 2.59M)

Don't you want to use superior technology?

used to set my mouse speed slow such that I had to spin ball if I wanted to get to the other end of 1280 pixels

Your hnd actually smears the natural skin oil over the table.
The ball collects it and mixis it with dust and hair into thick filthy paste that you have to scoop out with a toothpick on a regular basis or else the wheels start getting stuck.

I don't miss having to open these ball mice monthly to clean the internal rollers out. Those things got dirty fast. Sure, early laser mice sucked, but that was over a decade ago.

Attached: 1324269903819.gif (203x108, 8K)

>fa/g/s have oily skin
No surprise there.

Attached: average_g_user.jpg (620x475, 46K)

Fuck having to constantly clean that dirty mouse ball. Also optical mouse master race.

THIS

Why would you add unnecessary moving parts when an optical system works better.

But I do.

Attached: 14756.png (455x500, 43K)

Ewww geez use soap for crying out loud!!!

would if i could.
>analog dead stop > digital wiggle jiggle

>where have we gone so wrong?
Capitalism.

Imagine if they actually invented a ball that didn't pick up dirt. Optical mice are far from perfect.

I do at work. It was awful so I cleaned it and it's still awful

>analog ports are now dying out entirely
it hurts fellow dinosaur user

this. those fucking trackballs were always popping my shoulder out of place.

OK NO. Just because you DESPERATELY feel the need to be as esoteric and different from normalfags as possible doesn't suddenly make ball mice good. Ball mice were fucking bullshit and that's why we replaced them with laser mice. Find something else to be an autistic nerd over

pic related

they're to hard drives what optical mice are to SSDs. no mechanical parts that wear off.

closest thing are touch screens, which are filthier

forgot pic

I'd like to state for the record that I do miss the feel of a big lumpy ball rolling around under my hand though. you feel the weight and resistance of it, whereas optical mice have zero feedback.

Attached: mousemess029.jpg (1024x768, 279K)

It's an April Fool's prank.

people would steal them all the time so the admins had to glue them closed

had a mechanical mouse until late 2007. had used it for so long the ball coating was worn off and direction changes resulted in lag. bought myself a razer diamondback and never went back. good memories cleaning the mouse every week though, it was kind of relaxing.

I use them in work, since the government doesn't particularly care about upgrading anything, and they're terrible, even if you clean them