-Stunning camera
-The best version of Android
-Minimal bezel
-Feels great to hold

Cons:

-Lifeless screen
-No wireless charging
-No headphone jack

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good resources:
>Reviews, specs, comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Visual phone size comparison
phonearena.com/phones/size

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone

previous thread

Attached: Pixel 2 XLmaxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 79K)

Other urls found in this thread:

celsoazevedo.com/files/android/google-camera/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

t-thats not the pixel 2 xl

Do i have to wait the 360 hours to unlock my chink xiaomi?

Tl;Dr if you missed it last thread : who are the best case manufacturers? Do any include loops to use a wrist strap?

Whoops!

Attached: _.png (235x184, 59K)

Aukley 3x telephoto lens yay or nay ? (For portrait shots not using as a telescope lens)

I need help with this.

Should I pick the cheaper Global edition, with only 4GB RAM?
Or should I pick the more expensive 6GB version, but with limited connectivity?

(I don't have any experience in what it means to only support 2 out of 3 LTE bands for example, so that's why I'm asking)
What is your recommendation?

Attached: 1.png (1300x800, 72K)

They are usually good at launch, but get laggier and slow to open apps after a while.
Not only that, but their software gets weirder as time passes, and a lot of people report random bugs that could probably get an easy fix via software, but Moto refuses to fix.

Nowadays you're better off with an Xiaomi phone. Way better value.

Don't fall for the Chinese meme

I already decided I want this particular phone.

I just don't know which version.

>get laggier and slow to open apps after a while.
That has not been the case with me but then again, I don't download crappy apps and take good care of my phone

I do agree with the last part though, the Xiaomiâ„¢ Redmi Note 5 it's the current king of mid-range phones

>64 GB ROM
For what purpose?

I'm pointing out they are equal so you don't have to think about if one of them is 32 or the other is 128.

What do you think?

Attached: Hey.jpg (1223x1632, 369K)

I don't know what you do on your phone that requires 6gb of ram

Future proofing so programs don't freak out when 4GB becomes too little.

Is it a bad idea?

I'm on the fence about getting another google phone. I have a nexus 6 and they end of lifed it at 3 years. No more security updates. 3 years isn't enough in my opinion.

what's a good camera app for android? I tried Open camera but didn't like it that much

The answer is ~always~ modded gcam.

This

I'm far away from my pc right now, can you point me out on where can I find it?

Google it.

celsoazevedo.com/files/android/google-camera/
;)

kogan sells dual sim phones for less than not dual sim phones. it says the dual aim phones don't work with Samsung pay, is that the only issue?

kinda off-topic but anyone knows some good open-source privacy apps?Like the ones that hide your menu apps and gallery folders

Redmeme 5 | | Mi A2/6X

Is XZ2 the /spg/ phone?

>nearly stock android
>great battery life
>18:9 display
>stereo speakers
>not chinkshit

Give me one reason not to buy this phone, Jow Forums

huge bezels, may as well get a laptop

Hey Jow Forums, not a phonefag here but finally upgrading after 5 years of the S3.

What is the best phone I can get for $300.

USA/Verizon

Yes but at least it's unique and not another notch design copycat with rounded edges like the G7 or OnePlus 6

It's a bit outdated but it looks nice to me

>stereo speakers
Front facing stereo speakers even. Super rare shit right there.

It looks awful.
XZ1/XZp looked nice.

thank you for your help

I don't know I like XZ2 better

Attached: gsmarena_023.jpg (728x455, 69K)

Now turn it over and see the godawful curved back panel out of hell.

>paying more than $200 for a phone

Oh yeah I know what you mean if I decide to get it I'll get a case too so it wouldn't spin on a table like a fidget spinner

I live in EU, the taxation for import is very heavy.

So I'm paying the seller 26 dollars for special shipping to circumvent the taxation.

Attached: 8634957319_1489821485.gif (960x240, 312K)

OnePlus 6t do you guys think it'll have a bigger battery?

I wish someone would reply with some decisive advice, like which one they would opt for personally.

Attached: 1503981344657.png (441x192, 140K)

The moto F os pretty good (i had onee before my current Note 5) but to state that it would outperform a chinkphone, even with the skin? Come on now

Check out the Moto G6

Moto F?

G. Autocorrect is a bitch.

I've just bought the 4GB version and can say I'm truly happy with it so far. I don't think I'd opt for a higher spec one, since I value battery life over performance.

I guess you're right. I was also thinking best connectivity should be some of the highest priority in a phone.

So I might as well save some money if the cheaper version supports B20 (800) which my country uses.

The Mi A1 has audio issues on every device right? With the A2 incoming I was hoping for a pricedrop

Specially if your country uses different frequencies, I wouldn't buy the 6GB version.

Are you talking about the first Moto G?

>The Mi A1 has audio issues on every device right?
What type of audio issues?

Suck on CDMA, anything better than a used S8?

Should I get a Pixel 2 anons? Is it worth it for 650 dollarydoos?

I heard the Pixel 3 is really going to be worse than the Galaxy S9 this year. The S8 was cheaper this time last year and it seems like market insiders are realizing the Pixel 3 will be shitty, possibly losing on-the-fencers to the new iPhones.

Can someone please help me. I have a pixel 2 and when I try to make a phone call it keeps saying turn off airplane mode. It's off yet it keeps saying to turn it off. My data won't even turn on either. I'm using straight talk btw

No, I was talking about the G6.

Might have to do a PRL update; try googling that procedure. Or alternatively turn off, remove sim, then restart with it back in.

new iPhone 8 for ~600

>updated google app
>it crashes when trying to use the menu on a news

Attached: 1528842577941.jpg (500x500, 39K)

are you going to provide sources or just give us bullshit hearsay? fuckin shills, i tell ya

how much is pixel 3 gonna cost??

Oh come on, that's a decent phone

Don't forget the majority of Americans prefer a phone that will be compatible with most of their frequency bands

Noticeable hissing during headphone use

Did these and still doesnt work. Is it possible there's a hardware issue? It started happening after my phone overheated when I was outside one day

Upgrading my S5 active after five years and hoping to get me a phone that lasts the next 8 years. So far I've checked out the S8 and S7 actives but they seem kind of meh. Oneplus has a host if tiny issues I keep hearing about. LG G6 or V20 seem okay but I hear old wives tales about them. All I really care about is battery, durability, and to finally get into rooting. Thoughts?

The Redmi note 3 I bought was missing band 20 too. That missing band is used outside of big cities, so even going to suburbs would make it drop down to 3G.
If you plan on using mobile data I would recommend the global one because 3G has a ton of latency and it's really slow.

Why would a Chinese phone have noticeable hissing during headphone use?

Sure it's decent. More than enough for most people actually.

Are there frequencies in the us that aren't covered by the note 5?

Global edition for sure then. Thanks.

Isn't that with low-impedance headphones only, though?

>paying more than $50 for a phone

Attached: costanza.jpg (540x550, 57K)

because they can't afford licensed audio encoder modules

the LG G6 is pretty alright, they don't have bootloop issues, camera is better than most chink flagships, LineageOS stable is available for them, and best of all, LG is pretty much firesaling the remaining inventory at this point to sell the G7.

The only two drawbacks with it are the fact that the power button is the fingerprint scanner (not an issue if you wake the phone with fingerprint scan) and that it sold alongside the Galaxy S8 in 2017, where it got utterly BTFO.

Yes

Attached: Screenshot_2.jpg (1119x765, 80K)

>paying for a phone

I miss RingPlus

Attached: Screenshot_3.jpg (1063x796, 103K)

>and that it sold alongside the Galaxy S8 in 2017, where it got utterly BTFO.
LG has that problem with selling people on their phones in general.
What's the appeal of V30?

Attached: Screenshot_4.jpg (1099x739, 88K)

Attached: Screenshot_5.jpg (1096x549, 66K)

If you're not a heavy user who plays games a lot then 4gb seems the safer choice just so you get better signals. If you're almost always near a wifi source though then the limited connectivity probably won't matter.

Anyone have a OnePlus6 like their phone? Getting yelled at by boss to get a new phone and that seems to be the most affordable at the moment. Would be using it with T-mobile, even.

That's good thinking.

I'm thinking I might pass on this phone to someone in my family one day, so it's best to be on the safe side with B20.

I'm trying to root my Nexus 6 phone. There's so many ways to do it, not sure which is the most affective.
There's a few one click root apps on the PlayStore. Does that eliminate the need to use a PC and flash recoveries to root your device?

is oppo f7 a mistake for a poorfag?

why tf would your boss yell about something like that

Every time he sees the crack on my current phone it upsets him. And I really should replace it because it's been acting up (not because of the crack) for a few months now.

I can get a refurb s8 for 280$

Is he your dad or something? Tell him to suck your dick and to back the fuck off or else you'll sock him in his faggot face, bro.

Don't be such a beta. I would never let no nigga talk to me like that.

What's the cheapest phone with QHD? Don't care about the camera or stupid shit like a headphone jack, just want a good display.

something le eco

If you don't care enough to get a new phone quickly find a case with a flap to hide the screen with

design tends towards a certain form as a matter of natural selection. what works survives and what doesn't gets phased out.

i've had one for a couple weeks. it's sick.

the new LG phones are more or less just a LG phone user retention program. Nobody in their right mind would switch from Samsung to LG on the fugly (imo, fuglier than touchjizz) stock ROM, thankfully LG Snapdragon phones with unlocked bootloaders are pretty much the phone of choice to run LimeageOS on and are way cheaper than the comparable Samsung model.

This funnily enough. Anyone got any experience with them or any at all ?

Not only that, people just don't notice LG releases.
V30 was a good phone, but does anyone remember it the same way people remember Note8 or new iPhones?

Nope

imagine being suck a cuck your boss cucks you by paying you less the value of your labor, and then having him pressure you into wasting your hard-earned money on consumerist products so other bosses can get rich.

L O L

Its good if u like selfies i guess

It's fine.

Damn