/SQT/ Stupid Questions Thread

What's up, faggots?

>Read → → → → → → → → → → →

>search
>ddg.gg/lite

>redirect anons making their own threads with >Linux questions?
>PC building?
>Good, cheap, laptops?
>Programming questions?
>Smartphone purchasing advice?
>Windows questions?
Where can I get Win10 LTSB?
How do I activate Win10/Win7?
pastebin.com/smjvLZN4
pastebin.com/quC0gz4j
pastebin.com/gHCCFBkt
pastebin.com/4LvsAFk7
pastebin.com/1PcnaQS5

Old thread

Attached: 30 fixed cropped.jpg (500x500, 36K)

Other urls found in this thread:

tomsguide.com/answers/id-3275446/earbud-mic-work-desktop.html
dynacont.net/documentation/linux/network_monitoring/
bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1421385
exam-labs.com/vendor/Cisco
community.cisco.com/t5/switching/ccna-home-lab-for-all-categories-2018/td-p/3307531
chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/personal-blocklist-by-goo/nolijncfnkgaikbjbdaogikpmpbdcdef
addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/personal-blocklist/
bestbuy.com/site/promo/black-friday-laptop-computer-deals-1
alligator.io/web-components/styling-custom-elements/
github.com/zecjy/steam-autotrader
twitter.com/AnonBabble

How do I get the mic on my Skullcandy headphones to work in Windows 10?

Similar questions such as this all ended in dead ends.
tomsguide.com/answers/id-3275446/earbud-mic-work-desktop.html

Attached: 1527812753703.jpg (1280x720, 90K)

Can steam run on sailfish OS?

>→ → → → → → → → → → →

netactview
in aur

dynacont.net/documentation/linux/network_monitoring/

My wifi keeps dropping randomly or whenever I try to download a game. I'm using an RTL8192SU. I'm also on antergos with kde so its network manager.

Thank you guys, I'll try them.

Are you using a laptop?
Other devices in the network using the same WiFi router? They lose connection too?

Not using a laptop, I just dont have any ethernet ports in my room. I just switched over from windows where it worked fine.

Does anyone have the link to the Jow Forums approved youtube APK, The one written to get around all of youtubes stupid bullshit?

Can't for the life of me find it.

Why do games get glitchy with fullscreen + alt-tabbing? (Not borderless windowed)

I got a gtx 1080 for $345 and it gets here next week. I panic bought it due to how cheap it was, should I keep it or wait until next gen comes out? I have a 4790k and a 1080p monitor and I'm coming from an r9 290.

Attached: 1531264992246-1.webm (640x640, 1.79M)

Well back in the days before say, vista

Computers lacked the resources to render the desktop AND a videogame at the same time, there just wasn't enough resources to store a start menu and open program renders in the graphics memory, so it wrote it to your ram or sometimes even your HDD and then freed those resources to load the game.

Borderless windowed mode came about because now we have an abundance of resources to use, it's also why fullscreen gaming tends to have ever so slightly higher framerates.

It's because you don't set your nvidia settings to single monitor performance mode

>Captcha dosent solve this.
>If you have 500 ip's you get 500 reports in the allotted time.
>A captcha dosent prevent any reporting from happening
but a captcha requires a captcha to be solved on top of having 500 ips which is a significant barrier to entry for most people

amazon might not like it, this is what seedboxes tend to be useful for btw
something to look into as well would be setting up openvpn-as on a generic linux box

open source drivers for wireless n devices can be a bit shit, maybe you can try blacklisting and using a different driver as described here: bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1421385
unfortunately this is one of those things that might not be fixed or receive kernel patches for quite some time

it's a combination of the game engine not handling resizing well and not liking the change in framebuffers

if it was used it has probably been baking at 100% usage in a shitcoin mining rig since it was removed from the box, next gen won't be cheap at all either

it's actually new in the box. the guy was getting rid of excess stock apparently.

My new hard drive just arrived today. The product box for it came with no protection or padding at all besides the amazon box it came in. Now I work at the post office so I know how badly these unmarked packages get thrown around. What utility would Jow Forums use to verify that the hard drive is still in proper condition and hasn't been permanently fucked? I'll check for noises as soon as I have it plugged and running which should be in twenty minutes or so.

Attached: 612UsjgvK6L._SL1296_.jpg (1031x1296, 120K)

newpipe? try fdroid

Smart conveyance test

I need to buy 1k feet of cat6 to wire my house, are there any specifics i should care about or companies i should avoid?

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called "Linux" distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

Attached: 1532828103036.jpg (625x330, 28K)

reposting because I'm too stupid to find the new /SQT/

I have an i5-6500 in my vidya games desktop, and am looking to upgrade. should I find the best LGA 1151 that works with my motherboard or get a new AMD motherboard and a ryzen chip?

I have my music sorted through Itunes, and recently started adding track number to albums, is there any way to easily add track numbers 1 through whatever the fuck? I get tired of having to individually type out 1,2,3,etc on every song. Any way to have it input the numbers 1,2,3,etc automatically?

Am I a cuck for paying money for Windows 10?

I keep getting the BOSD for both 'memory management' and 'page fault in nonpaged area'. I've updated Windows and all drivers. At this point, is it the RAM?

It would be ram or gfx
Run memtest full battery for 12 hours.

What would happen to my steam account if I use a cock.li email, and suddenly cock.li stops operating (like it happened with lavabit)? Would I lose everything on it?
Also, how reliable is cock.li? How likely is it for the owner to shut it down out of boredom or be forced to shut it down by three letter agencies? What would be the most reliable (in terms of "lifetime") alternatives that are not from google or microsoft?

Tampermonkey or Violentmonkey?

I broked my phone's (oppo f3) screen but i really (really) need the files on it but the phone is locked, is there anyway to access them?
I have adb on my laptop but it's useless considering I can't enable usb debugging on a broken phone.
I have another oppo if that can help.

Violentmonkey.

violent doesn't break every other update

tamper is botnet and sends everything you type in the address bar to home servers

Poorfag here, need/want to set up a lab so I can take all my unemployed free time and work towards a CCNA. What's the cheapest I could set up a lab?

Everything I read is either old or missing a lot of information or just people bickering. I just need to know what router and switch would be best for my limited dollars so that I can start practicing physical and I'll expand from there when I can.

I have my mobo powered on next to me right now and in pretty sure there are no leds whatsoever anywhere aside from the one in the case indicating the PC is powered on.

So I'll ask one more time. If I buy a mobo speaker, will it give the same beep signals as a motherboard with a built-in speaker? Like, are they universal or something?? I need to know why this shit is not turning on.

Attached: 1518172406325.png (433x380, 187K)

Exam here
exam-labs.com/vendor/Cisco
Lab setup here
community.cisco.com/t5/switching/ccna-home-lab-for-all-categories-2018/td-p/3307531

Thank you I appreciate it.

wtf could be causing my upload to be so high and my download to be so low

Attached: Screenshot_20180728_223823.png (786x136, 19K)

is wraith cooler gay?

Attached: 2018-07-28 22_44_32-Window.png (434x267, 14K)

So something like a 2811 and a 3550 would be good to get started and I can eventually move up to that ideal 3x3 router and switch setup?

I've been trying to do backup some files to a hard drive but for some reason only a fraction of the files will copy. I don't get any error messages or anything.
I tried using robocopy since apparently it works better but despite having no errors I still have a fuckton of files missing?
Help please.

Attached: cmd_2018-07-28_21-44-59.png (1010x639, 35K)

Anyone familiar with windows 7 and how to get sound working properly? I moved to a new place and set my computer up, only problem is my playback devices and such are all jacked. I can't get audio to go where I want it, playback for different applications is split up among 3 different playback devices. Before I moved I had speakers plugged in via the green aux cable to the back of my mobo, I dont have them anymore so I'm using the HDMI on my GPU to my monitor and nothing is coming out.

Halp?

Attached: speccy.png (490x374, 21K)

You cannot back up a windows install while you are in the windows install. There are alot of locked folders/files that cannot be copied because it is in active use.
You need to boot in to a linux live distro and do a 1:1 copy

I don't really trust Speccy's numbers on this. It's reporting that my Ryzen 5 is above boiling with presumably the same stock Wraith Spire as you, and I don't think it would even keep running at that point.

Attached: Speccy64_2018-07-28_21-45-48.png (323x64, 2K)

How do i permanently add "-pinterest" to every web search?

give it back jamal

give it back latarius

search for sound settings or manage audio devices or something similar. you may even be able to right click on the volume icon on your task bar (been a bit since i've dicked around in W7). then you can set the default sound device and all your sound SHOULD come through there.

no but for real i need help
is it possible to remove the physical storage and read it on something else?

I just said fuck it and swapped to my old 212 Evo for safe measure, I did have thermal shutoff though since I noticed it getting hot and when I went down to look at it the whole system switched off

She can twirl my pistol any day

its soldered on to the board, you would need advanced knowledge on removing memory modules and soldering them on a new one
aka no you cant lol

should be fine then

ethernet cable should only ever be 100% copper, you'll sometimes find aluminium or copper coated aluminium (cca) masquerading as cat5e/cat6/cat6a but this is not up to spec and will be shit tier with any sort of interference or long runs
when you're buying it you're essentially buying the copper and maybe eating some cost if you decide to buy cabling with extra shielding, one brand to the next won't have much price difference at all, so go look for a reputable seller that you can trust to sell you authentic cable and start looking at less reputable sellers to see if they have a deal on, but if the deal looks too good to be true it probably is, ebay and amazon are probably scams too if they're not a front for another business
if you can afford it maybe some extra shielding would be useful but this will add to the cost significantly
and if it lists 'cat6e' they're probably scamming you as cat6e is not a legitimate spec
tl;dr you're probably getting what you pay for

an upgrade will be significantly cheaper, best cpu for your socket/chipset is a 7700k I think, coffee lake uses the same socket but is incompatible unless you mod your cpu or socket afaik

run memtest, if you get errors remove all but one sticks and repeat memtest and repeat this for every stick you have, if all sticks are faulty try different sockets
you might end up with a really hard to diagnose issue like certain sticks not working in certain sockets but it might also be a really simple issue like one socket being fucked which is solved by using a different socket

>Would I lose everything on it?
if you forget your password and you contact steam support and explain your situation and can prove you own the account (by for example sending in a photo of your id that is the same name/address as your credit card) they can probably recover it
in general this is kind of what backup emails are for

oof
so is there another way?
I've thought of leaving my broken phone until its battery dies and then boot it up on recovery so i can use adb, problem is i can't know if it's on recovery and I've never used adb with an oppo on recovery mode

what can i do with a unused ps2 port?

> What would be the most reliable (in terms of "lifetime") alternatives that are not from google or microsoft?
Protonmail is pretty good.

if the screen still works but input is bork you can connect a mouse, if the screen display is fucked you'll probably need to replace the screen unless you've got syncing enabled or something
there may be some other niche options (like vnc) but in general you'll probably need a display to set them up

it should work like a built in speaker but if there's no leds or no fans spinning or anything indicating power to the mobo the speaker might not even output anything (i.e., mobo is completely dead)
the mobo for your manual should tell you if there's any power leds in the diagram

you connected your ethernet cable backwards and all the data is flowing in reverse
but seriously if your upload is higher than usual you'll need to contact your isp most likely

use other cpu temperature utilities or ones recommended by amd, not all of them read the measurement correctly

rightclick speaker icon in the taskbar, go to 'playback devices' or something, right click the output you want to be default and set to default output, maybe disable the ones you aren't using
for output through hdmi you'll need a driver form your gpu manufacturer so if it isn't listed under playback devices you'll need to get that driver

google offer a chrome addon which does basically this for google
chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/personal-blocklist-by-goo/nolijncfnkgaikbjbdaogikpmpbdcdef
someone offered an unofficial addon for firefox to do this but I can't vouch for its authenticity
addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/personal-blocklist/
for non-google search engines the solution could be substantially more difficult

plug a ps2 keyboard into it? use it as an easier microcontroller to pc keyboard interface?
not sure what you're expecting to get out of it

>itunes
>lol

Best Buy is having a sale on laptops that ends in 20 minutes. Should I buy one of these if I'm just using it for music creation and light gaming?
If so, which one?

Attached: DfbYxMnX4AIMsM1.jpg (792x845, 59K)

Shit, forgot link.
bestbuy.com/site/promo/black-friday-laptop-computer-deals-1

>Programming questions?
dpt is supposed to be about posting "OC", i.e., what you are working on, obviously this takes the form of posting scripts or code, not for questions.

Replying the PC speaker here.
The power led on the case turns on. The HDD activity one doesn't. All the fans spin and I hear the HDD spinning as well, but I get no post screen or anything.

I'm pretty much leaning towards a fried cpu, but I need a confirmation before starting to RMA things and I need to know if a PC speaker will help.

>be me have shitty wifi because of shitty mediacuck wifi chip
>have iphone inb4 ifag
>iphone gets better wireless connection

how do i turn my iphone into a signal booster for my laptop

People recced me to use startpage instead of google for search but when I search for images i have to visit the page before I can copy paste the image url. Is there a solution there? To make it work like Google where I can just copy/save the image without having to visit another page first?

Thats googles recent change so they can get more money from getty images, there are scripts and extensions that return said functionality.

But Google reverted the change.

Attached: 1510322047666.png (1439x533, 276K)

They didnt revert shit
When you click it you get a string of nonsense(over 10,000 chars for that picture you linked) instead of a "TEST&WOW.jpg"

No you don't. There's a loading bar under the picture and if you click too fast it gives you said string. But if you wait the image location will be provided. The picture needs to load first otherwise you get the thumbnail's location, which makes sense because you are viewing the thumbnail up till then. See pic.

Attached: 1528512785699.png (557x393, 328K)

How do I, on catalog.neet.tv/g/, make the thread display order always show, instead of only showing on mouse-over events? I do not know CSS but the site in the settings option has the option for custom css and I thought I could do it that way.
If I inspect the button it shows this is the function that is triggered on mouse-over events
function showOrderMenu() {
document.getElementById('order-list').style.display = 'block'

Why did no one tell me that kdenlive was actually a really good video editor?

>I record me playing a mario game real quick and I edited it within seconds

Any standard plugins that I should import?

Attached: untitled2.webm (1280x720, 1.36M)

I want to access files on a windows computer from my linux laptop and my android phone. I dont know anything about windows and im looking into tutorials for ftp but it looks really weird on windows and most of them want me to use malwarezilla. Is there something quick I could do? I just want something to ask for a password and then let me move/edit/delete files on the actual machine and transfer them to and from my linux computer.

oops i didn't finish my post
I meant to show i went to alligator.io/web-components/styling-custom-elements/ and tried to do
order-list {
display: block;
}
but it didn't work. Can anyone help?

Cause kde is an ASSFUCK load of deps i will not use outside of kdedlive and i cant justify having an entire toolchain just for one program

b-but I use KDE

Attached: Screenshot_20180727_140032.png (3840x1080, 1.1M)

github.com/zecjy/steam-autotrader
Does this code contain any backdoors?

I looked through the main javascript and it seems normal, but was wondering if they are able to add backdoors through package-lock json file?

nevermind it is #order-list
also i don't know if i can do it with css alone because on mouseout the javascript reverts it back to display: none

So some sites on the Internet stream videos, but there's no way to download them.
Is there a universal way to download those videos using some tool, or each site would require a different approach?
What if I just put the response body of all necessary HTTP requests together?

try youtube-dl first
If it dosent work look for browser extensions that download videos.

So I removed my Linux partition and then booted up the EFI partition on Windows and deleted the ubuntu folder, however my BIOS utilities still show ubunutu (grub) as a boot option. How do I fully get rid of it? BIOS utilities have an option of removing it, but I’m not sure if it would fully delete it. I mean Windows load just fine now, but if I ever want to try Linux again, I guess it’d be better if it was fully clean

Okay so, I just bought an Acer Nitro 5 laptop (AN515-42-R5GT) with a Ryzen 5 2500u and RX560x configuration.

How much did I fuck up? Intended use case is older MMORPGs (Final fantasy XI and World of warcraft mainly but possibly XIV in the future), rocket league and maybe overwatch.

There don't seem to be very many reviews for this specific version of the nitro 5 around currently. I'm slightly concerned about build quality as the only acer notebook I've owned was a first generation netbook that was extremely cheaply made.

What is the best Light Novel reader for android?

what the fuck is up with new laptops and coil whine? I thought this shit stopped 20 years ago

>66916709
>66918967

I identified my problem but couldn't find a solution yet: my foreign import capi calls forced me from the start to pass -fobject-code to ghci, when ghci loads .o files instead of .hs the modules imported by the .hs file are, obviously, not visible.

Now I still need help getting the modules imported.

fuck.

I identified my problem but couldn't find a solution yet: my foreign import capi calls forced me from the start to pass -fobject-code to ghci, when ghci loads .o files instead of .hs the modules imported by the .hs file are, obviously, not visible.

Now I still need help getting the modules imported.

Anyone here from NZ and used afterpay? I need some info

it stays toggled when I add !important
#order-list {
display: block !important;
}

Thank you most kindly!

Downloaded a bunch of seasons via mega over night and when i just woke up winrar said it couldn't unzip cuz the fucking archive is broken or somethin

Do i really have to redownload all this shit all over again or is there another way of repairing it

Also why does JDL not recognize decrypted mega folders and files

Huh that's weird, despite the message the folder seems to have unpacked succesfully and the avi's work aswell with the audio and everything

Just one season that seemingly didn't manage to get unpacked

you and not many others

how do i go about reducing the space between favicons on chrome's bookmarks bar?

Try searching around about sshfs on Windows. I'm looking to set the same thing up but I haven't started looking into it yet.

Anyone here know what kind of laptop rams is in pic related?

Not sure if ddr2 or ddr3.

Attached: IMG_20180729_191937.jpg (2610x4640, 2.76M)

If you paid more than $15 yea

>VLC 2.X works on OBS but can't rip dvds without crashing
>VLC 3.X rips dvds just fine but incompatible with OBS

What is an open source alternative to VLC for dvd ripping?

Is it normal for that piece of shit MEGAdownloader to fucking crash the entire system? Just had it crash my X200 when i checked up on the download, wasn't a BSOD or anything but it rather just filled the screen with a bunch of pixels and then it just restarted

God i hope i won't have to redownload everything just because of this POS unstable useless shovelware

>ddr2
first two

>ddr3
second two

And also, this is actually a Google-tier question. I didn't even know the answer before you ask. Now, thankfully to Google and a 30 seconds of spended time, we both know the truth.

Just look at the PC2 or PC3 line
PC2 is DDR2, PC3 is DDR3, etc.