That 30 year old boomer who calls any firmware configuration menu "the bios"

>that 30 year old boomer who calls any firmware configuration menu "the bios"
We've had UEFI as standard on x86 since like 2011 gramps.

Attached: 1530978999353.png (380x349, 70K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PaEFYHtXXkQ
comma.guide/vocative-comma/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>that 50 year old millennial who thinks updating bios actually makes your computer more secure

>that 20 year old zoomer who thinks using libreboot prevents hardware backdoors

Attached: 015.png (434x327, 55K)

>that 20 - 666 year old boomer that shills for Monster

Attached: SIP.png (883x400, 118K)

My motherboard manual, and the UEFI itself call the UEFI the BIOS. You can't just blame every behavior that annoys you on demographics.

>We've had UEFI as standard on x86 since like 2011 gramps.
>2011

Wow. Hard to believe it's still complete garbage.

have you ever made an efi application or can all you do in C is make a fizzbuzz? EFI is pretty nice, you know.

Where did this millenial = boomer meme come from anyway?

How do you pronounce BIOS?

its a force meme from /v/ that started last month or so
its shit, dont spread it, ignore all posts that mention it and s*ge them
its gotten pretty comfy tho..
youtube.com/watch?v=PaEFYHtXXkQ

>byeOhss

Bee-Ozz

>30 year old
>boomer
wat

UEFI runs on top of BIOS.

>throw out 20million LoC
>it's still have backdoors
Too hard 4u

I'm just that 41 year-old boomer who doesn't give a shit what you think.

Attached: 1523310286210.jpg (431x450, 68K)

You-ay-fee.

Attached: 1517481735675.gif (500x375, 499K)

>You-Fee
I'm not saying You-E-Eff-I

anyone born before the year 1988 is a boomer, as opposed to younger faggots

ok grandpa

>Jow Forums consists of boomers and faggots
There's a demographic pie chart thread waiting for us to create it.

Only noobs call it UEFI because the merchants tought them so. Any professional calls it BIOS.

>That 10 year old zoomer who doesn't know his own language.
comma.guide/vocative-comma/

This. OP has no idea what UEFI is.

>BIOS backdoors never happened
Back to school, kiddo.

30 year old boomer is a Jow Forums meme and it has not started 1 month ago, you disgusting /v/eddit spilloff.

>The 48 year old millenial who calls the new big touch screens in McDonalds "Big iPads"

Attached: 1530651400920.jpg (640x553, 49K)

Daily Reminder that the only people who don't like the boomer meme are the same people who'd spam cuck or onions memes nonstop

Attached: 1530640035508.jpg (1024x584, 43K)

Actually it started in 8/fit/ by mistake of someone who only knew boomer was used as insult three-four months ago.

>that 5 year old boomer who eats Monster

that makes sense why it's combined with /sip/

t. shill

It started on/o/ 8 months ago about 30 years old selling old nissans at premium price claiming they were mint

Convoluted complicated crap

Funny, most people I've corrected about that are 1/2 my age.

BIOS = Basic IO System

Would you call (U)EFI basic?

UEFI means Unwanted Enraging Faggot Interface

is it good
it's expensive than coke
why shouldn't i just drink coke

It's a pre-OS software that's loaded from the onboard EEPROM chip, and it offers basic input and output. Why the fuck would I not call it a BIOS? Adding a bunch of shells and networking stacks doesn't make it any less of a BIOS, it's just an extensible firmware interface, and that's what an EFI is. I can run programs on Linux as well, but I don't call it an extensible software interface, I just call it an OS. I use Coreboot with the Tiano Core payload which offers an EFI, which isn't even remotely useful for anything other than booting GPT disks. You're the fucking boomer who doesn't seem to understand how this shit works.

It does, at least when it comes to Pajeet-tier attacks. Those updates will almost always contain IME/PSP update packages as well as CPU microcode, and these impact the security of your system.

What the fuck do you do with it? You want a fucking web browser that runs off your boot ROM? Lol, look at this retard. He loves having systems that look like swiss cheese. There's no such thing as perfect software when it's that complex. You're just increasing the attack surface of critical boot firmware like a complete fucktard.

You do not need an tiny operating system to boot your big operating system. Do you understand that?

Attached: isis_spurdo.png (2000x1500, 49K)

>grand mac
The fuck

Friendly reminder that between your OS and the hardware you have at least two and half kernels.

Attached: 18.07.29-15.57_sel_maim.png (845x399, 47K)

Actually it does remove the hardware backdoors.

>What the fuck do you do with it? You want a fucking web browser that runs off your boot ROM? Lol, look at this retard. He loves having systems that look like swiss cheese. There's no such thing as perfect software when it's that complex. You're just increasing the attack surface of critical boot firmware like a complete fucktard.
>You do not need an tiny operating system to boot your big operating system. Do you understand that?
What on Earth are you even talking about? All he asked if if the other guy ever did an efi application, what does that have do with needing a web browser on UEFI?

UEFI is horse shit. Big brown doody on my goddamn shoe. I hate it so fucking much. There is nothing "unified" about that clusterfuck. I'd rather drag my testicles across broken glass and hot sand full of fire ants than develop anything for UEFI.

Attached: cringe2.jpg (706x706, 60K)

UEFI - Really only useful is for booting a system with 3+TB drives. That's it. For all other things a BIOS is all that's needed. Also UEFI will not work with DAZ Loader so you need to disable UEFI and use Legacy mode instead to use DAZ.

Regular BIOS can use 2TB drive as boot. Thank the fucking Christ my AM3+ board is still pure BIOS.

>not calling it the BIOS (Botnet INPUT OUTPUT SYSTEM)

Expensiver*
It's nice

Where is it?

Attached: full.jpg (960x720, 144K)

Attached: maxresdefault (2).jpg (1279x720, 96K)

>expensiver
more expensive

belongs in a Sqt but relevant what's the difference between bios menu and CMOS? Is it the same thing?

We had a tech call it CMOS and I had no clue what he meant

basic input output system
You know what that UEFI is doing when you turn on your computer?

It's basically imputing and outputting the data required to boot your operating system

>Basic Input Output System
Fuck retards

brenleet

sick quints bro

Pronounce UEFI

>You-Fee

/ˈbɒtnɛt/

You-eff-eye
Anything else is objectively wrong

The UEFI is a bios.

secureboot and standardized bootloader abi alone is reason enough for UEFI.
the olden days were fucking bad.

It's perhaps the world's dumbest meme. The purpose it serves is to try and dilute the meaning of the word "boomer" so the actual boomers become less likely to pay for their horrendous crimes.

Boomers were born between 1946 and 1964. Never forget.

check this 7

>YOU EEE EFF EYE

no, it's literally just a meme made to sell a particular vendor's product. it's obvious from the gross levels of Coca Cola and John Deere product placement found in the meme.
I'm just waiting for more product placement memes in the future.

>if you dont like this shitty forced meme you must like this other shitty forced meme

Attached: 1531594963228.png (416x489, 96K)

>anyone born before the year 1988 is a boomer,
is the "30-year boomer" meme. It's not funny unless you specify the deliberately-too-young ages. "30 year boomer", "19 year old boomer", "junior high school boomer" etc. NOW YOU KNOW!
*Actual Boomers (WWII baby boomers) were born between 1945-1965.

Don't fall for the aggressive marketing meme, this is not plebbit.

OO EH FEE

Assmad freetard

.t triggered 15 year old millenial boomer

boomer cope

In what country are 30 year old grandfathers??

>that 30 year old boomer who doesn't have a complete copy of his BIOS chip in case something goes wrong

What sucked then still sucks now, kiddo.

it's you-eff-eee actually
you were closest tho