Why is there a tech job boom in Canada?

Attached: 1516218433964.png (744x616, 638K)

Other urls found in this thread:

taxfoundation.org/how-much-lower-are-canadas-business-taxes/
businessinsider.com/countries-easiest-to-start-a-business-in-2013-10
npr.org/2017/08/07/541797699/fact-check-does-the-u-s-have-the-highest-corporate-tax-rate-in-the-world
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

chinks stashing away their money

overpriced american rent

>money tied up in real estate = tech boom
brainlet detected

That makes zero sense, you retard. Chinks stash money with low-depreciation assets, property, not starting businesses.

America has only 2 cities with a rent vs income ratio than Canada.

When I graduate, I'll look at jobs in canada. Thanks for the tip user

Toronto basically looks like the big cities of the US nowadays.

canada seems like a horrible place for tech.
it's internet infrastructure is absolutely horrible.
the government taxes too much to make startups viable.
from the news it seems like you are going to get shot by a muzzie or incel if you live in toronto

Simple, because a qualified software Dev working in Canada gets paid half as much as an equally qualified Dev doing the exact same job in the USA, after accounting for exchange rate.

Amazon and other big players are wanting to capitalize on this

Because Americans are morons who put an unstable orange chimp in charge of their country who's major goals are protectionism and bringing back low-skill low-paying menial labor.

5 scoops for you false flagger.

Sorry pajeet but there's no more room for H1Bs here, maybe you should try Toronto. Meanwhile we will enjoy our massive 4% GDP growth while you munch on SOI.

>the government taxes too much to make startups viable.

Fuck off yank, corporate taxes in Toronto are lower than almost any "major" US state, baring Georgia.

>because a qualified software Dev working in Canada gets paid half as much as an equally qualified Dev doing the exact same job in the USA, after accounting for exchange rate.

You actually believe this, don't you? American stupidity is mind boggling.

do you have a single fact to back that up?

Attached: 1531743736387.jpg (960x960, 108K)

>conflating quarterly growth annualized with annual growth
Typical mutt education. Reminder that last time US had quarterly annualized 5% growth the annual growth that year didn't even reach 3%.

more like 1/3rd as much

Attached: 1502662650558.png (664x840, 203K)

ITT: assblasted leafs

>the government taxes too much to make startups viable.
Isn't this a myth since corporate taxes are lower than they are in the states?

because california is a hellhole and they would rather be anywhere else?

More like know nothing Americans displaying their stupidity with pride, as usual.

The infrastructure isn't bad at all, could do with some more foreign investment but regulation is preventing that (gotta love the anti-globalists, bitch about how internet is so shit but continue supporting regulation preventing any competiton).
The taxes aren't high at all, Canada remains one of the easiest places to start and run a business. (World Bank Data)
The news focuses on the negative because the negative is breaking news, what the fuck do you expect, the news to be like "hey have a good day goodbye".

Also because SF is literally killing itself because wealthy hipsters refuse any proper housing changes because "muh culture, skyscrapers are ugly". Why a lot of tech talent moved north to seattle/vanc.

No US has the lowest tax rate of any first world country because of plentiful breaks, exemptions, and loopholes

I'll need a cidadion :D on that

DO IT FOR THE CITY CAUSE YOU KNOW THE CITY LUV A NIGGA

>That makes zero sense, you retard. Chinks stash money with low-depreciation assets, property, not starting businesses.
Canadians are really retarded aren't they? China's been seeding western universities and buying up businesses for 2 decades now. You think your houses are really owned by disenfranchised Chinese billionaires who don't want their state tying up their assets?

A house that looks like a drug den in Canadian cities goes for like $800k

vancouver has some of the highest rents in the world.
at this point it should just be given to china desu

That's the case in Seattle. Chinese owning property and leaving it unused isn't some unknown thing

It's probably because of building regulations desu

Toronto resident here
They pay for tech jobs here is pathetic, literally the only reason why.

They do that in Australia too. You'll see apartment buildings with 60+% of their lights off during the evening and night.

>People can't be out/asleep

Chinese.

It's a common thing for chinks to send their kids to Canada because it's a better life than fucking China. Chinks bring tech with them.

how much?

Take a silicon valley job offer, take off 10-20% of the salary and pretend it says CAD instead of USD.

silicon valley pay is now like 40% RSU though, I guess you don't get the RSU either?

I work in Canada as a consultant. All of my work comes from American companies who hire the firm I work for because they can pay us 70 cents on the dollar for our labour. Canada is the white India for tech outsourcing.

>Amerimutt posts a mutt
>First, Canada has a much lower corporate tax rate: 15 percent at the federal level plus another 11 percent on average from provincial corporate taxes. Compare that to the U.S. federal corporate tax rate of 35 percent plus an average state corporate tax rate of about 4 percent.
taxfoundation.org/how-much-lower-are-canadas-business-taxes/
businessinsider.com/countries-easiest-to-start-a-business-in-2013-10
1.New Zealand
2. Canada
3. Singapore
4. Australia
5. Hong Kong
6. Lithuania
7. Ireland
8. The Netherlands
9. Malaysia
10. Taiwan
11. U.S.

Completely and utterly BTFO mutt
>inb4 he posts some irrelevant shit about Trudeau or refugee's

that's literally the exact opposite of true, before the new tax code, the effective corporate tax rate was something like 29% in the US where it was low 20s and even teens in most of the western world.

npr.org/2017/08/07/541797699/fact-check-does-the-u-s-have-the-highest-corporate-tax-rate-in-the-world

I'm studying in core Toronto and I can honestly say its because the pay is shite. I looked at some of the cali offers my friends got, they pay nearly 1.5x as much as equivalent offers from Toronto, add on the 70 cent to the dollar difference, and low corporate taxes and incentives for companies to migrate over to Canada, its no wonder why the tech scene here is "booming".

The real tech jobs are in ottawa
>mfw got here in time for the tech boom

It's because the wages here in Canada are complete garbage. Silicon Valley execs literally refer to Canada as "India North"

More like ITT: leafs crying that nobody actually gives a shit about their country, tax laws or startups - rationalises this as "everybody else is stupid".

some of them may be fleeing trump's america (not all of them of course, but a few)

You sure that's not more due to their demographics?