This resume got over 200 offers from Silicon Valley companies including Amazon, Google, and Apple

> This resume got over 200 offers from Silicon Valley companies including Amazon, Google, and Apple
Why is life such a fucking meme?

Attached: castarez-resume.jpg (1280x1707, 235K)

Other urls found in this thread:

nypost.com/2018/07/28/homeless-man-hands-out-resumes-gets-hundreds-of-job-offers/
cnbc.com/2017/12/22/iphone-x-gets-out-of-your-way.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>implybing

>web developer

>resume with legible layout attracts callbacks
>"whaaaa, why is life so unfair??"

>

Imma steal that layout

nypost.com/2018/07/28/homeless-man-hands-out-resumes-gets-hundreds-of-job-offers/

context because OP is a huge you-know-what.

Attached: taco-looking-for-jobo.png (600x1279, 422K)

>It's an "OP tries to make it look like the resume got him the offers rather than the fact companies can hire someone to do a job while simultaneously getting free marketing from facebook memes" thread
Why did you do it?

That looks like one of the popular latex template layouts like moderncv. I stopped using moderncv since it seems like everyone was using it.

>these qualifications
>literally all the popular techs and tech memes every company uses
>worked 3 years for a huge company that probably paid him a ton of cash
>somehow becomes homeless and stays unemployed for 7 months
Some giant red flags here
I'd invite him to an interview out of pure curiosity but probably wouldn't hire

He withdrew his 401k and spent all of his savings to move to California and create a startup that failed catastrophically within a few months.

>configured DNS for a DigitalOcean droplet
damn how can I even compete

what a retard

Same here, but I'm working my current job until retirement sooo...

Can you even MX to Zoho?

alos, if you use zoho, you're a cheap cunt with no expectation of privacy

every recruiter will have this in their feed, good luck trying to pull that one off

How many buzzwords did he use?

See how he has all that experience listed on the right?
That's the important part.

>women help nerd men for jobs
Thanks women’s.

did he apply for janitor?

>Mountain View, CA
>he *actually* is from Silicon Valley

lmaooooooooo

this fucking retarded actually couldn't afford to live there and didn't just get a job somewhere else

That's even worse. They're only interested in the guy so they can look good.

as someone who actually lives in one of the coastal cities, this dude really is a retard.
he severely underestimated the cost of living increase moving from a shithole to one of the priciest cities to live in the country

Damn, only less than a year ago he was buying a couple of new iPhone Xs for full price: cnbc.com/2017/12/22/iphone-x-gets-out-of-your-way.html

Really goes to show that we're all just one small mistake from becoming homeless and struggling to make ends meet. I pray he finds the high-paying job he rightfully deserves.

Attached: David-Casarez_and_Time-Cuck.jpg (530x298, 24K)

one small mistake of moving to one of the costliest cities on earth and opening a business in a volatile industry without the means to support these choices

>diversity hire
>correct memes listed on resume
>facebook good boy points for hiring
He's every HR department's dream

I mx'd to zoho
8 accounts, too
once in a while, the DKIM doesn't work
>fuck you, i don't give a shit about privacy, they were complaining that my webhosts couldn't provide stable webmail

>small mistake
>being generic retard #87655 that thinks his youtube/blog fortune will skyrocket forever and decides that since he has a career that can be pursued absolutely anywhere because it's internet based he should move to the most expensive city in the county for no reason
I have no sympathy for them. I've seen and read accounts of dozens of these morons. Baffles me why you'd think that's a good idea.

That is one big fuckup, not a small mistake.
The arrogance or lack of prevision of people buying that stuff and then struggling surpass me.

Somewhat unrelated, but is Quality Assurance/Test Automation a good way for someone without an SE related degree to get into the tech industry?

I have a chemical engineering degree and an opportunity to do test automation, however I heard QA is where dreams go to die.

Yeah but why does David paint his nails?

>>worked 3 years for a huge company that probably paid him a ton of cash
>>somehow becomes homeless and stays unemployed for 7 months
That's life in California for you. Place is full of fucking vampires.

Vampires? You mean retards who think the only way to live is by spending 120 bucks eating and going out every day? The rent is high, it's not impossible to manage unless you expect a mansion. It's easy to have a good life and save money too on a barely 6-figure salary. If suburbanites saw how SF techies lived they'd lose their minds at how wasteful these cunts are

Maximum diversity virtue signalling. Not only is he spic, but trans.

You will be the rightyeous cunt of the company.

Is actually pretty fun, specially in critical stuff like aerospace. you can crush months of work of a team and wont have to do shit to fix it.
Seeing that youre here youll probably enjoy it.

>anime weeaboo reference
>nigger hand and nails

What

Sounds like bs. After working fir gm he shoul be anle to get a job. Also does he have zero friends? Borrow some money, buy a bus ticke back home where stuff is cheap and work some code monkey job.

>200 offers
>BBA
>practical experience is mainly adding to existing projects and reconfiguring preexisting setups
He'll walk away with 35k or whatever the equivalent of that is for living in California like the rest of the code monkeys

Yes QA begin easy way enter software industry.
Some companies never promote QA to programmer.

You learn selenium framework for begin Test automation(selenium) or become technical writes. A lot chemical end up as programmers don’t worry.

>Women ignore men
FUCKING DUMB SHALLOW ROASTIE!!!!!! HOW DARE YOU IGNORE ME FOR NOT BEING """""CHAD"""""?????????!?!??!?!?!?!?
>Women gives attention to man and helps him
YOU'RE ONLY DOING THAT SO YOU LOOK GOOD AREN'T YOU!?!?!?!?!?!!??!
All these mental gymnastics, cause the closet thing to a women you've ever touched, is an Alexis Texas fleshlight.

It's true
remember that fatty who got ridiculed by user for dancing? Women organized some gay event and celebrities hopped on the virtue signal train to perform and basically the fatty danced with a 1000 women
you cannot fucking say that they were there because of a genuine desire to be fatty's dance partner

>readable
>4 years experience
>senior staff are in demand
why wouldn't it?

I don't know of this, nor care but the point is that you can't expect people to treat you nicely and at the same stroke, berate them for being nice to you. Now please, lube up that fleshlight for me plz.

You can if they're not being genuinely nice and instead have an ulterior motive behind their good behavior.

>work for GM
>get 2 promotions in a very reasonable amount of time
>leave / get fired
>do nothing for a year
>try to go freelance
>only get a single job
>end up homeless

the fuck ? what happened to this guy.

provided they have a proper QA dept yes. some places only hire QA as temp workers they dont give a shit about.

>puts configured DNS on his resume
Kek what the fuck
I wrote a script to do it for me

>I installed SSL on a website
is this something you put in a resume?

Attached: helper.png (612x491, 98K)

I bet most of the offers were just virtue-signaling publicity stunts.

>somehow becomes homeless
Because fell for the entrepreneurship meme and his business failed.

i thought you were being a dick but i just looked it up. the process is just 1) buying a cert 2) configuring your web server according to its documentation.

Speaking of resumes, I was told using color was a big no-no on resumes and it should be black text on a white background.

This was back in 2013 ofc. Has times changed? Can we start using colored resumes, or is that still considered "unprofessional"

Resume Target polled a group of professionals on LinkedIn to get an answer to this very question: “Would you disregard a resume that incorporates colours?”

55 per cent of professionals said No
11 per cent of professionals said Yes
34 per cent of professionals said that it depends on the industry

then there is of course, the personal stories of people getting hired because of non-standard resume. the risk is up to you.

Makes sense, I will need to look into updating my resume anyways.

>Programming Languages
>HTML

i put a separate category for markup languages. probably doesnt matter but on the off chance it signals to someone that i am not just putting random shit on my resume i think its worth it.

No, it hasn't. You can read the resumes in job sites like indeed I bet you won't be able to find any with color.

>operating systems
>ubuntu
HA

This

>the fuck ? what happened to this guy.
See
>try to go freelance

>a women capable of eampthy towards a man
this is not something you see everyday

>he doesn't have a bunch of buzzwords and meme of the week tech keywords hidden in white font color to make his resume stand out during filtration

Attached: 1525332309004.jpg (334x334, 88K)

>Windows OS

I believe they still follow effective design rules. Black on white is great if you have zero clue what you're doing it keeps you from doing retarded stuff.

>Black on white is great
I agree

Attached: abdi.jpg (2832x2335, 932K)

>I was told using color was a big no-no on resumes and it should be black text on a white background.
Colors are fine, as long as you don't overdo it. You should keep in mind that people may print out CVs or scan them in.

>operating systems

BRAH

Does no-one else care that he claims to be detail oriented but spelled DigitalOcean wrong more than once on his resume?

Not sure, post your feet femanon

what was his startup about?

>programming languages
>HTML
>SQL
into le trash can

Who the fuck cares? The cause is good, the result is good. You can't prove or disprove that their niceness is genuine, and it literally doesn't matter since whatever the fuck guides their hand makes them do good deeds.

He was homeless you fucking dip

i heard that recruitment agencies remove all formatting

she's a fucking narcissist addicted to social media likes

cunt

wat
all the things in the bulletpoints and + literally you can just do in a couple of seconds. thats not a fucking achievement

Attached: 1512997047575s.jpg (250x249, 5K)

He tried to build a startup and failed

I've worked at two and neither removed formatting

>operating systems
>ubuntu
what a joke.

Depends on industry and location.

Anything that requires design should be fancy.

Plain technical work should be little more than a fancy bulleted list.

Anyone know what constitutes a "full-stack" developer? Is that just
>setting up frontend (HTML, CSS, JS, etc.)
>setting up backend (PHP, C#, Node.JS, etc.)
>setting up database (MySQL, Oracle SQL, NoSQL, etc.)
???

Pretty much. Full stack means doing front end and back end.

i'd imagine you'd do anything to make you stand out from the rest

Ah so that's what I'm called now! Thanks user

Hispanics sucks, never hire them for tech jobs.

There's a reason why he's homeless. His resume is SHIT

People who hire the less skilled over more skilled probably are doing it for racial reasons. Of course hiring the less skilled is not a tenable strategy in a capitalist society, so such practices are probably accompanied by other forms of cheating, and possibly plots to overthrow the government.

>Programming languages
>JQuery

First off its not capital J, second off that is not a programming language. I seriously hope this is a meme, I am a web dev, Mailchimp and HTTPS is considered to be junior tasks. Everything else is either not impressive, or just really dumb to mention on a resume.
oh and Operating System: Ubuntu, moreover, unironically using outlook as mail, .... topkek

I am full stack, I do on daily basis PHP, HTML, CSS, and many other things including server maintenance and stuff. Really nothing special, all of the require skills are easy to perfect in 2 year time.

We have to understand that lack of morals and not education is the real reason people end up homeless. If you are asked a coding question and can only think with your penis, of course you are going to end up unemployed. I would go so far as saying that hiring this man is a crime against humanity.

>comprehensive experience in ... automated testing
What?

>That CareerBuilder paid-for professional statement from 2002

Eerily similar to the one on my res.

Dang, that is a nice looking layout. I need to redo my resume. Any of y'all have any good templates for me?

Attached: Sandwich.jpg (806x1072, 156K)

Attached: introducing-the-mcstruggle-the-mcstruggle-12291134.png (500x496, 114K)

>hired for PR

>a guy with a reasonable resume got a lot of offers in a publicity stand after some thot's post about his hardship gained a lot of popularity
Who would've thunk?

>knows all that webdev bloat shit
>can't make a collapsable menu on his cv
>instead does +o bulletpoint fuckery
Why do webfags suck so much?

Attached: Courtney-Stodden.jpg (1024x1327, 215K)

>hispanic

like winning the lottery

Ehh, the reader probably doesn't know shit about programming in general. They're just HR people who get a wishlist from some lead dev for the people he needs.

MILK TRUK