Press S to shit on their grave

Press S to shit on their grave

Attached: moviepass.png (1078x751, 929K)

Why should I? Are you a Disney shill?

>shitting on a company that blew venture capitalists money to give you cheap movies for a year

this

AMC Stubs A-List is better

Who?

Anyone who still gives money to the Hollywood rapists and pedos are sick fucks and should be publicly named and shamed. Worse than that, most of them oppose Trump.

S

botnet

Saw this coming. Shame I didn't get it on it earlier

actually never heard of it
what is it? a movie streaming service?

pay $10/month or whatever and see as many movies as you want

there are people now saying the AMC one is "so expensive" in comparison

lol no shit they were losing money in hopes of saying to the theaters give us cheaper tickets to be on our app. they also claimed the brought in 15-35% increase in drinks and shit

You could see the writing on the wall when they changed new release stuff then surge pricing, read someone went at 5:30pm and there was ~10 other people and he had to pay surge pricing

Surprised they got investors to begin with
>so if someone goes to a movie and it costs $12 in their area you lose $2
>yes
>what if they go 5 times
>we lose more money
>how many movies are you offering
>unlimited

They would have marketed it as changing the cinema game or some shit and then basically subbing and not going as often so then it's a free $10/m. They didn't realise when things are unlimited people use it more

Moviepass was really all the stupidity of a 90's dotcom bust

I do this for $0 a month.

How come I never heard of this shit?

Attached: Screenshot_20180725-192047~2.png (1080x1301, 1.45M)

If they're going bust before you heard of them their marketing was a failure.

>having to wait for scene relases/cams
>not watching a movie on a giant fucking screen with glorious surround sound

yeah all the needed was an ad that said "unlimited movies, $9.99 a month, movie pass, unlimited movies"

They had a marketing department?

Who exactly are this people?

Oh, actual theater tickets. I assumed it was a streaming service.

>Surprised they got investors to begin with
>>so if someone goes to a movie and it costs $12 in their area you lose $2
>>yes
>>what if they go 5 times
>>we lose more money
>>how many movies are you offering
>>unlimited

>people with millions actually threw money at this

I wish I could be simultaneously rich and retarded. I have to settle for being poor and retarded like all the other plebeians.

the stupid part is that if their marketing was more successful, they would have gone bankrupt even faster.

S

S for steamy fat dump

haven't been to a movie theater in like 10 years

I wish my country had MoviePass
fuck paying $20 for one movie
no wonder everyone is only watching bad sequels and reboots, it's too risky of an investment to watch something unknown

Moviepass was ahead of its time, much like Juicero.

Attached: Screen-Shot-2016-03-29-at-12.49.14-PM[1].jpg (300x224, 12K)

can't wait for the future articles of cinemas complaining that nobody goes to the movies anymore
>why millennials are killing the movie industry

Instead of making a self cleaning juice machine they created this shit.
Silicon Haley is solving the wrong problems, again.

Proprietary fruit bags will never fail to be amusing.

What's the difference from buying a fresh-pressed juice in a bottle from the nearest Edeka?

So much retardness
Does it hurt?

Having it delivered weekly to your door is far more convenient.

Hoping to recoup money in soda sales and popcorn and snacks. But literally who the fuck would buy that shit marked up 300%.

Can literally go to Walmart and get the same boxed candy for a dollar. Go to the movies it's four dollars. Nobody is that stupid. I mean some are. But majority no.

Yeah, it was a fucking crazy deal if you lived near a theater and go to it constantly.

The problem was the company calculated the cost against the average amount of movies that users would see and in the end they needed like 200 million global users to reach the point where the average dropped low enough and the amount of people skipping months but still paying would turn into a profit. Keep in mind they were not associated with theaters (theaters are too greedy to give up any share) so they were paying market cost for every ticket they gave their users.

It was within the realm of possibility for this to work, hence why it did manage to get hundreds of millions in investment, but their growth rate isn't that high, they could reach the break even point but it may take several more years of blind investment on the investors behalf to reach that, which clearly not many are keen to do.

I'm more interested in the best cheap phone. Is it the Redmi Note 5 or some overpriced shit?

>But literally who the fuck would buy that shit marked up 300%.

Almost every movie goer, considering that is how theaters survive in the era of Disney ticket profit shares.

Literally who

>AMC's version
>Can watch the same movie more than once
>No surge pricing
>Includes IMAX tickets
>Includes Stubs Premiere, meaning 10% back on concession purchases and free size upgrades on food and drinks, along with priority lanes so I don't have to wait in line a long line for my food
Moviepass can die I don't care

$10 a month is a steal. I can't believe they let this shit exist.

I don’t think anyone expected MoviePass to last. If it sounds too good to be true then it probably fucking is. It was good while it lasted. I watched way more movies than I would’ve otherwise. I was over it when they made me take pictures of my stubs.

>I was over it when they made me take pictures of my stubs.
eh? explain please

The sales pitch probably made sense.
They just didn't get the target audience they were hoping for. They probably hoped to get some soccer mums or boomers who watch 1 movie every 6 months but instead they got movie nerds that watch a new movie every weekend.

After using it several times they added a check where they force you to take a picture of your ticket as confirmation.

>hence why it did manage to get hundreds of millions in investment
Look around at all the shit that gets investment. Getting investment is no proof that an idea is capable of doing anything but except separating fools from their money.

You would have to pay me to go to a theater. Listening to niggers while I'm trying to watch a movie is not something I would do even if the movie is free.

Attached: 1532026523034.jpg (1024x792, 103K)

Try living in a better area

>seeing movies that "niggers" would be interested in watching
you deserve it, shittaste-kun. maybe try avoiding shit like fast & furious and uncle drew, and maybe you won't have that problem.

I do. No niggers in my home theater. No tickets and no $10 popcorn there either.

Attached: 1532392740101.jpg (1846x1923, 607K)

>paying money to see the drivel that contemporary hollywood produces
>calling others retarded

Attached: am i retarded.png (665x574, 266K)

>You are holding it wrong. :^)

Attached: DLx5X1vWsAAtGA4.jpg (320x293, 34K)

It's literally elementary math, it works if the users had grown faster than they did. This isn't speculation.

Sounds nice but AMC theaters exist in very few places compared to almost any other global chain.

No, that wasn't quite the plan. They expected from the start to have a subset of users who massively overused the service. The point was that around 150-200m users the average views per user would hit the point where the returns would outpace the cost. They did a lot of market research to work out the average across the domestic movie market.

They and their investors felt pretty certain that a deal this incredibly good would draw in users so fast that they would easily hit that 150-200m user goal and begin profiting. A big point being Movie Pass was planned to be international (Unlike AMC being American only, Sinemia being Canadian only, etc) since it was just retail purchasing tickets there was no deals needing to be worked out globally, that would open up a market potential of a few billion users, making the 150-200m goal much more reasonable.

The estimated user growth just didn't happen, especially given that they didn't go international, good luck getting 60% of the United States population (including children and families all buying their own individual MoviePass subs) to sign up to reach that goal. It's still rising and maybe in a perfect world they could hit that goal in a few years but obviously investors who were okay with 1 or 2 years of losses before growth aren't too fond of the idea of 5-6 years of loses instead.

They really fucked up with garbage marketing, waiting to go international (and never doing it) and just asking for more and more investor money to buy tickets and not worrying about expanding to new markets and actually advertising.

If you're going to call me retarded, try to not sound like a pajeet. And what exactly is retarded about what I said? How do you justify rape and pedophilia?

>It works if things that didn't happen do happen.
You can do this for anything. My business of giving money away is profitable if bags of cash fall out of the sky faster than I give them away.

Attached: Laserbearvlad.png (599x287, 240K)

That seems like a business idea that only works on paper. Even fucking netflix doesn't have 150 million paid subscribers, and it allows you to watch movies and tv shows from literally anywhere. That should've been a huge red flag for any investor.

I can understand shitting on a reviewer for shilling Intel in 2018 but between Phenom II to Ryzen AMD was a black hole. I can't fault someone for not wanting to use an AMD product during that timeframe.

>60 posts
>Nobody has explained wtf MoviePass is
>What its used for
>And how it could even survive as a service outside of "Insane growth"

Attached: Confused_writer.jpg (417x498, 88K)

This.
>Jow Forums shits on AMD from the time Sandy Bridge came out to Ryzen launch
>every time someone posts a Speccy with AMD people mock them
>Ryzen launched
>Jow Forums wonders why consumers are reluctant to buy AMD after a decade of failure
It's weird how people here forget that for years it was heavily rumored that AMD would either go out of business or get bought by Samsung or something.

>Nobody has explained wtf MoviePass is

Pay $10/month to see unlimited movies in a theater, they pay for every ticket you request on the service. This was the core problem, theaters are greedy and rightfully so in many cases as they are already get jewed by ticket profit splits from studios, so they don't want to share any other income. So MoviePass was literally just paying retail ticket prices.

>What its used for

See above

>And how it could even survive as a service outside of "Insane growth"

That was the problem, it could absolutely self sustain... so long as it very quickly grew to insane user numbers, numbers to ridiculous that what the service really needed was a massive marketing push and a global launch right out of the gate. Neither of which it did

>when anything and everything must be shoehorned into >muh trimp is the real victim
You tell those cosmopolitans fellow pede!