What's better, using SSD mainly for OS and put games on HDD? Or, put both OS and games on the SSD...

What's better, using SSD mainly for OS and put games on HDD? Or, put both OS and games on the SSD? My friends are telling me to put everything on SSD no matter what, but I have a feeling the SSD is going to work even harder than it should. What's your guys' opinion?

Attached: Screen-Shot-2017-01-06-at-10.34.25-AM.png (538x358, 127K)

>I have a feeling the SSD is going to work even harder than it should
it's a machine you idiot it's not going to complain if it has to work hard
if you have room on your SSD no reason not to put games on there

putting my phat dik in ur mouth lol

thanks for adding to the discussion

>but I have a feeling the SSD is going to work even harder than it should
Not only is the SSD a lot faster and able to transfer more data in one go, there are also less mechanical moving parts. You are stupid.

the OS won't be doing much IO while you're playing a game, so it doesn't really matter much if the OS is on the same disk as a game

All programs on ssd, all media on hdd.

this is an insanely hilarious thread

How stupid do you have to be? Of course put your games on the SSD you idiot, if you want to reduce loading times. That's the point.

Stop playing games.

Opinions on the kingston a400 ssd?

i have 2 SSDs, one for OS, one for games
and a HDD for storage

heheheheh bideo game...,................

Attached: 1512446263896.png (645x729, 62K)

They're fine for a cheap SSD.

You could delete unnecessary files and folders on the SSD, given how expensive per gb they are, it's important to keep them lean and get rid of the bloat
I've been told that folders like System32 are 99% drivers for hardware you don't even have but the OS has to ship with to make sure every possible combination of hardware just werks. Delete that one

Everything on SSD.
HDDs only for archival.

Attached: 0.png (500x500, 184K)

Wouldn't be a problem if you used a good OS, rather than Pajeet tier gamer trash.

lol only poorfags delete system32

NVMe for OS
cheap 1tb 840 EVO for gaymes
4 tb HDD storage
And 64TB RAID storage on my server

>M.2 500 GB SSD for OS and software
>SATA III 500 GB SSD for extra space for software
>1 TB HDD for storage like videos and images that aren't being altered constantly
That's what I'm using, isn't that the default by now?

If you have the money just buy enough ssd.
If you don't, then os and programs on ssd, gayms, animu, shit for archival on raided hdds

look pal, not all of us can buy 1TB SSDs, I had to delete system32 and my pc is now bitchin' fast
installed a whole game and a half with the extra space too

Basically Steam allows you to easily switch instalation folders, what you do is get a 512GB/1TB SSD and put games you're currently playing and games you're playing on the HDDD

this guy gets it

If you have the space on your SSD, put your OS and the games that you play the most there. Put everything else on your HDD

hard drives are only ideal for long-term storage of large, not often accessed files now. SSD's have supplanted the, in virtually every other way.

This question should have been asked in the Stupid Questions thread, so don't do this again, idiot.

at least his post was somewhat funny, yours is completely useless
and before you ask, mine is meta critique

Attached: 1514097644384.jpg (600x419, 32K)

correct answer

correct observation

HDD: 40-80mbps, can't handle a lot of operations at once, cheap gb price
SSD: 450-600mbps, can handle a good amount of operations at once, in between gb price
Nvme m.2: rated speeds at ~2500mbps (it doesn't make a difference from an ssd in most apps for some reason), smaller size, can handle a shit ton of operations at once, expensive gb price

for typical usage 64GB SSD is enough
Do put swap file and ReadyBoost on it
if you want fast turn on - use sleep mode

Based and red pilled

store everything in hdd. New tech is arriving and they are going to increase in capacity/decrease price. Leave ssd only for the most essential tasks/gaems

Based and red pilled

no

1TB SSD for OS and games
8TB HDD for Torrents

Attached: hersenen1.jpg (1600x1200, 305K)

Put everything on SSD.
Spinners are for archiving and should not be used for applications or operating systems.