SD cards

why wont this shit fucking die already?

every single sd card I have bought has become corrupted within the first 5 times I pulled it out from the phone and put it in a card-reader or a raspberry pi.

the connector technology is so fucking god awful. a broken adapter in a public photo printing place and all your photos are gone and along with them the 256 GiB card, which of course has no warranty whatsoever

Why do phone manufacturers still accept this shit in their card slots instead of just adding 200GB more to the flash memory? flash memory is dirt cheap

Attached: download.jpg (225x225, 6K)

Other urls found in this thread:

bunniestudios.com/blog/?p=3554
youtu.be/r3GDPwIuRKI
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Well maybe buy a Samsung instead of a shitty Sandisk or the shark meme on /csg/ and you won't have any issues.

They've just werked for me. I don't know what you're doing wrong.
You're probably just an idiot.

NO BULLYING /CSG/

Attached: 4789202007_ef293c7898_b.jpg (848x480, 79K)

In all the years I had only one card fail on me and it was windows fault.

If your track record with pulling them out is this bad, maybe try leaving them in and accessing the data on them some other way.

Yep, microSD is a trash format

>he doesn't know they're all made in the same factory

stop buying cards from ebay/aliexpress retard, I've been using SDs and microSDs for 15 years and literally none of them has ever failed because I get them from decent retailers

Attached: lesmuganimefaceatincredblyhihgrez.jpg (2296x2464, 285K)

>bought the cheapest micro sds for years
>kept them in my fucking wallet
>never had a single corrupt one
Sucks to be you

kys dumb attention whoring anime pedo fag

Anime website

Also if you have a problem with micro sds, get something that can do otg and you're good, instead of complaining on the internet.

NO
IT'S
FUCKING
NOT

Fuck off, immigrant. Get used to the culture or go away.

I've had a single 8GB SD card that lasted until I upgraded to 16GB, then 64GB and now I'm thinking of buying a 126GB one.
That's 3 SD cards over a decade

Why the FUCK aren't 256GB android phones standard by now considering an actual 256gb micro-SD Class 10 is cheap as shit?

But goy why do you need so much local storage when the cloud exists?

>culture
The culture of a disgusting attention whores? No thx.
Now go hang yourself.

Shit yeah you're probably right

Works fine for me. I don't think I've ever had any SD or MicroSD fail on me, be it 64MiB or 256GiB.

Attached: Laughing Whore.jpg (762x900, 161K)

same

kys

Attached: 1532159551486.jpg (857x1200, 101K)

This place isn't for you. You can't even properly insult me. Get lost.

Sucks to be you then. :^)

This is hopefully supposed to be ironic.

Why else wouldn't they include such cheap storage?

Yes you only need 8GB storage, for system only. The rest should be in cloud.

yet my samsung one still lasts after switching phones

Toshiba is made in Japan, at least the good ones are afaik.

The only cards that have failed on me are dodgy chinese ones that come with dodgy chinese electronics.

What cheap storage? Cloud services aren't included, they are universal and can be used on any platform. Not that all should.

>every single sd card I have bought has become corrupted within the first 5 times
Stop buying shit sd cards then. mine hold for 3 years and still goes

Did you buy bad ones? I buy Samsung ones. My 64 GB works flawlessly since 2013. I'll replace it soon because its full.

Is that what's going on with mine? I assumed I fucked up somewhere. It still works on my raspberry pi but when I put it in my computer it doesn't allow me to see everything and looks corrupted.

>been keeping SD Cards and USBs in a metal tin for years just bashing around in there
>everything in there still works and the data is just as assesible as the first day
Retard stop buying garbage SD Cards and stop fucking with rasberrypis

Cheap flash storage

are sharks better than sandisks but sandisks cost more than sharks
what about putins

>this isn't even my final form
the best is yet to come

Attached: All_SD_Express_Card_Images_highres.jpg (1969x798, 129K)

Never had a problem with them.

>public photo printing place
Never use them, retards like to break them. Seen a middle age women jam a usb flash drive in one and busted the port after she jammed it in upside down.

Don't pull it out while data is being access

Attached: kony.jpg (600x341, 64K)

I've seen a samsung card die inside a samsung phone.
inb4 chinese copy, this was bought off amazon and selled by amazon itself.

It's ok, defects can happen and you were unlucky. Take my example: I bought a 64GB Samsung Evo for music around 2012 and it died 4 years later. Got another one straight after in 2016 and it died in about 6 months. I've got a 32gb model now and started being very cautious and it's still going now for nearly 2 years. I've also got some SanDisks lying around from 2010 but still work for some reason, now would be a good time to backup and replace I suspect

>pulled it out from the phone
user..

Defects are not only probable but certain. Fucking chinks sell EVERY piece they made. Pic 1/3

Attached: sd-card-hack-by-bunnie-and-xobs-2-900x674.jpg (900x674, 93K)

Pic 2/3

Attached: sd-card-hack-by-bunnie-and-xobs-3-900x674.jpg (900x674, 109K)

Pic 3/3. THE REDPILL: botnet mcu to correct the errors. Of course hackable.

Attached: sd-card-hack-by-bunnie-and-xobs-4-900x674.jpg (900x674, 98K)

>16 GB marketed as 2 GB
That is out of the factory. But then again, chinks will chink themselves and some chink resellers tweak the firmware so that it reports 16 GB again.
You might think chink are such great hackers, and that an old store owner discover this in the back of a dirty store in Shenzen. But most likely this knowledge and the tools to reflash were leaked or stolen from the manufacturer itself.
And that is how 'bad' chink cards from ebay got bad reputation. They were unironically bad to begin with.

Never had a issue with SDs. Stop handling them like a ogre and unmounted them before ejecting.

>Flash memory is really cheap. So cheap, in fact, that it’s too good to be true. In reality, all flash memory is riddled with defects — without exception. The illusion of a contiguous, reliable storage media is crafted through sophisticated error correction and bad block management functions. This is the result of a constant arms race between the engineers and mother nature; WITH EVERY FABRICATION PROCESS SHRINK, MEMORY BECOMES CHEAPER BUT MORE UNRELIABLE

Links for the curious Jow Forumstards:
>bunniestudios.com/blog/?p=3554
>youtu.be/r3GDPwIuRKI

Attached: 6h34uylmv.png (225x225, 9K)

Signal processing can net you some extended endurance sure but you are probably looking at 1.5x at best for flash cards, Toshiba did some voodoo with their latest NAND controller but that seems far outside the scope of eMMC.

>According to the company, its 3D QLC NAND is targeted for ~1000 program/erase cycles, which is close to TLC NAND flash. This is considerably higher than the amount of cycles (100–150) expected for QLC by the industry over the years. At first thought, it comes across a typo - didn't they mean 100?. But the email we received was quite clear.

>It is unclear how Toshiba managed to increase the endurance of its 3D QLC NAND by an order of magnitude. What we do know is that signal processing is more challenging with QLC than it is with TLC, as each cell needs to accurately determine sixteen different voltage profiles.

>The easiest way to handle this would be to increase the cell size: by having more electrons per logic level, it is easier to maintain the data and also read from it / write to it. However, the industry is also in a density race, where bits per mm^2 is an issue, therefore controllers with very advanced ECC capabilities have to be used. Toshiba has its own QSBC (Quadruple Swing-By Codes) error correction technique, which it claims to be superior to LDPC (low-density parity-check) that is widely used today for TLC-powered drives. However, there are many LDPC implementations and it is unknown which of them Toshiba used for comparison against its QSBC. Moreover, there are more ECC methods that are often discussed at various industrial events (such as FMS), so Toshiba could be using any or none of them. The only thing that the company tells about its ECC now is that it is stronger than 120 bits/1 KB used today for TLC. In any case, if Toshiba’s statement about 1000 P/E cycles for QLC is correct, it means that that the company knows how to solve both endurance and signal processing challenges.