Chairs

Chairs are technology! I'm looking to buy a chair and the IKEA Markus seems to be shilled a lot on reddit. Does anyone here have it? How tall are you? I'm 6'1" and I read that the back support is a little too low for taller people. Any alternatives from say, Staples? Also discuss general shit about your chair ITT.

Attached: $_86.jpg (600x800, 54K)

Other urls found in this thread:

thehumansolution.com/j3-ergonomic-chair-by-uplift-desk/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Chairs are technology!
It is not.
>blah-blah r*ddit
Go back.

bump, and fuck off. I saw a chair thread a couple of weeks ago and it had 100+ replies.

Own a Markus for about 4 years now, shows minimal wear. 1m74 (5'9ish I think???) and 70Kg, suits me fine. Been considering removing the arm rests though, they are fixed and sometimes get in the way of the desk

markus is fucking garbage. its really only for manlets, it will destroy your back otherwise.

Had one for close to three years, it's very comfy. 189cm 109kg 5pl dl fite me

No YOU fuck off you disgusting newfag

it has already been established that the Herman Miller Aeron w/ a 3rd party headrest is the chair of choice.

If you have more than $1,000 to invest on a chair, go for the Embody chair.

Attached: Herman_Miller_Aeron_chair_3__19855.1288709060.386.513.jpg (352x513, 32K)

thehumansolution.com/j3-ergonomic-chair-by-uplift-desk/

best chair i've ever bought. also the plastic on the armrests is soft, they forget to mention that. overall it feels very much like a 1k chair.

can i fuck you? you sound tiny and delicate

>you sound tiny and delicate
Welcome to Jow Forums, where everyone is 6ft+

Fucking this. I've had it for a while and I got pains in my lower back from it's shitty lumbar support thing.
I'm 6'1 as well.

Why have you not tested it before buying? You surely have ikea in your city, you basement dwelling loser.

i only buy warehousdeal shit from amazon

bought this shit for 103€ which seems aceptable though. if not, repackage and 30 days return policy luls

Attached: 91svMe2NGUL._SL1500_.jpg (1500x1095, 330K)

I recently got a low-back desk chair (like pic related but older, all metal and brown plastic), I actually really like it. It kinda forces you to sit upright but not in an uncomfortable way, and (being 6'3) the lower back is the main place I need support anyway. Maybe worth a try.

Attached: deskchair.jpg (320x400, 29K)

I did. You can't really test it just by sitting on it for 5 minutes tops at the show thing.
It showed promise back at Ikea and had that novelty meme factor that blinded me to what a shitty chair this is.
The closest Ikea was more than an hour drive away so I couldn't be arsed to return it.
The Markus is such a shitty meme.

Watches too are technology.
Oh, wait...

Are mesh chairs actually worth it? They look a lot less comfortable than soft leather ones.

I mean, I agree it's overrated, but it has it's uses.
Other than armrests it's a good chair for manlets, it will last and it's cheap. I'm 177 cm tall and lumbar support works well for me, I have it set up about the same on my adjustable work ergo chair.
If you are too tall for it then yeah it will not work for you, it's non adjustable chair, obviously it will only fit people who are in certain range.

I use one and it's a bit taller than I'd like. but I think that's just because of my height (5'3")
I know someone that's like 5'11" and he looked it a lot so idk.

I saw one in Ikea similar to pic related. It was around 160 euro and comfy af. I think it will be my next purchase.

oh it was literally the same model

Any Kino chairs for uneven ground?

I feel the Aeron is a meme, not in the sense that it's absolutely a bad chair, but in the fact that it's subjective. The Aeron is a controversial chair as the pre-2016 version Pellicle mesh absolutely shreds pants, and the "waterfall" plastic lip cuts off circulation in a lot of people's legs (even if they have the appropriate size of the three chairs).

The Embody in particular suits those suffering from sciatica in many cases, but it's pretty rigid in supporting a single position too. Some people find that if they recline at all, the "pixels" of the Embody's back drive into them.

I personally find both the Steelcase Leap and Steelcase Gesture (pictured, with headrest version) much more comfortable chairs in a variety of sitting positions.

Attached: steelcase-gesture-headrest.jpg (1500x1419, 95K)