Remember when Facebook and Amazon tried to enter the phone market?

Remember when Facebook and Amazon tried to enter the phone market?

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 110K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/oG3tLxEQEdg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

No. All I remember is Facebook and Amazon rebranding bottom of the barrel chinkfones with their own logos and not selling any of them.

What about Ubuntu touch?

>dude let's just slap four eye tracking cameras on it

Attached: amazon-fire-phone-jeff-bezos-640x480.jpg (640x480, 51K)

who remembers

Attached: 197248.jpg (646x284, 34K)

I member, still have a dev device.

Attached: DSCF9518.jpg (2894x2183, 1.85M)

It’s BEAUTIFUL

>that feel when you wanted to get into this, but it was dead before you even picked one up
Died fast as hell. I think some people are rebranding it and putting it onto flip phones or something now, though.

Remember when Microsoft tried to enter the phone os market? All those poos shilling on Jow Forums were hilarious

Attached: serveimage.jpg (1280x720, 62K)

What the fuck was that

Attached: SamsungBadaWave.jpg (1200x800, 82K)

:(

Attached: Maemo5-screenshot.png (408x244, 208K)

The Amazon one was actually decent but designed in the most retarded way possible
This could had been great but Mozilla just didn't had the negotiating skill to get WhatsApp on it, and their bottom up strategy was retarded
Yeah, it powers the latest Nokia feature phones and some other high end feature phones, along with Panasonic TVs
Bada might be dead but Tizen it's around
Salifish it's still around :^)

>not remembering the amazon one with like 10 cameras

What happened to the modular Google phone?

Google killed it .

dont forget the amazon one was AT&T exclusive

>Bing isn't the default search

Microsoft was so ahead of the game

Attached: images (1).jpg (380x250, 20K)

why don't we just make our own phone at this point

Attached: gPhone.png (618x968, 530K)

i'll make the logo

do you remember when google tried to enter the phone market?

Day 1 dead.

Attached: 1532606011483.jpg (576x1024, 56K)

Hoho, you forgot the physical keyboard the autists pay additional $300 for.

Still have my 950XL :^)
Three years later, still no flagship phone on the market with the same features :^)

>not reading about the flipout keyboard
kys summerfag

Microsoft started the smartphone market

What ever happened to the ubuntu phone?

quads of truth
aside from the meme stuff (8-track, punchcard) this is pretty nice

tfw i was going to get it but a snooty forum post turned me off entirely and i learnt swift instead

Attached: consider.gif (960x540, 1.36M)

>ubuntu phone
canonical realised no one wanted the features in their phone beyond their autistic developers and abandoned the project due to lack of interest.

If I'm not mistaken it should be KaiOS

youtu.be/oG3tLxEQEdg

Anyone remember this?

Attached: Screenshot_2018-07-30-21-16-39-580_com.google.android.youtube.png (1920x1080, 1.32M)

>this atrocity

Attached: IMG_08441.jpg (660x497, 92K)

The Amazon Bezel phone

>compared to this gorgeous beast

Attached: big-29051627_568e393ddb8464-45825202IMG_20160107_104700-2.jpg (550x395, 56K)

maybe in india.

>no access to the Google Play Store
>instead you had to use the awful Amazon App Store instead, which usually either doesn't have the app you're looking for, has an old outdated version of it, or has a junk adware imitation that doesn't work anywhere near as well

>Mozilla beat Apple to the notch idea in 2010, 7 years before

it's sadly still better than the Windows app store

just why aren't transparent designs a thing it's a shame

>Tizen
There are no Tizen phones in real life.

you can get custom transparent shells for the nintendo switch at the moment but I'm not sure what else

Went through development hell, got changed, completely scrapped and started from scratch until it eventually got to a point where absolutely no one was interested anymore because they kept removing features and eventually got mercykilled.
It really is a shame. Being as modular as Project Ara is what modern phones should aspire to be but in reality, it's the exact opposite of that.

they never looked good.

My first smarthphone was a Windows phone, it was severely lacking on apps and stuff but it's def the fastest and smoothest phone I've ever had.

Firefox os was good. I tried it on my Nexus S and really liked it. If they pushed a bit harder they could have actually captured a corner of the market because the concept itself is not bad.

I remember the old phone with the facebook button on it. Not sure I remember either phone made by the actual companies.

I remember a friend of mine getting the translucent firefox phone a month or two before they declared it a dead project. Really cool and cheap hardware, but the app ecosystem was not great. I'm not even expecting the apps I'm used to, but there wasn't even a terminal or ssh app.

Still using a 640 and fully satisfied with it. Stay mad.

I thought it was cute, sold a couple at radio shack

underrated

I liked

If you were loaded in 2002 you had one of these

Attached: Hp-ipaq-hw910.jpg (220x330, 19K)