Why would anyone do that?

Why would anyone do that?

Attached: 6F84C341-A0B5-47FC-AAF1-50AC10CC8CD2.jpg (800x600, 65K)

Are you taking about the little cuts in the top? Those are so the resistors can expand a little before they just blow the fuck up from the pressure. Plus, easier to identify leakage.
What the fuck are you doing poking around in something you don't even know the basics about?

Those are clearly CMOS batteries you retard.

>resistors
>poking around in something you don't even know the basics about

Attached: big think.png (2688x2688, 173K)

>obviously electrolytic transistors
>CMOS battery

K

Those are electrolytic marketed as solid.

They don't do anything. Just capitalist pig lies to drive up price.

i love this board

capacitor plague

Industrial espionage was implicated in the capacitor plague, in connection with the theft of an electrolyte formula. A materials scientist working for Rubycon in Japan left the company, taking the secret water-based electrolyte formula for Rubycon's ZA and ZL series capacitors, and began working for a Chinese company. The scientist then developed a copy of this electrolyte. Then, some staff members who defected from the Chinese company copied an incomplete version of the formula and began to market it to many of the aluminium electrolytic manufacturers in Taiwan, undercutting the prices of the Japanese manufacturers. This incomplete electrolyte lacked important proprietary ingredients which were essential to the long-term stability of the capacitors and was unstable when packaged in a finished aluminum capacitor. This faulty electrolyte allowed the unimpeded formation of hydroxide and produced hydrogen gas.

No one did that. It's just leaking genderfluids.

>can't recognize solid state electron tubes
the ABSOLUTE state of this board

>KKK
It's made by chinks, they hate niggers, so they put K's on the things.

Planned obsolescence. Parts like capacitors can be engineered to fail reliably as soon as the warrany has expired.

Just buy a new one, what are you, poor?

what is it with the chinese and misrepresenting capacitors?

How the fuck are they misrepresented? Electrolytic capacitors of 1000uf with a 16V limit. There is a polarity stripe on each and the board is clearly marked C65 etc.

they have the appearance of polymer capacitors but they are electrolytic, vent and all

No. That's not how it works.

the presence of a vent and the leaking electrolyte says to me that they're regular aluminium electrolytic capacitors misrepresented as polymer capacitors. polymer capacitors don't leak electrolyte or vent gas; their solid electrolyte just deflagrates, and polymer capacitor failure is very rare to boot.

My mobo has a bunch of those. What is the difference with the regular electrolytic ones? Are they really ultra-durable?

>Optiplex GX620 flashbacks

I'm still using a Gigabyte board that I bought in mid-2009 and the caps are fine, both visually and functionally.

polymer caps are very durable but not infallible

Thanks bud. Now we all know too much.

Attached: CopyQ.kn9566.png (286x1043, 194K)

>doesn't recognize flux capacitors