Useful drive bay

I have one empty drive bay in my case, and I want to fill it with something useful like a multi card reader with some USB 3.0 (preferably also Type-C) ports

Does Jow Forums have any recommendations? I'm not limited by money, and I prefer to buy the absolute best quality available

Cheers

Attached: 20-153-002-02.jpg (1280x960, 61K)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/SilverStone-Technology-Display-Amperage-FP59B/dp/B01LWSP4K8
asus.com/Motherboard-Accessory/USB-31-UPD-PANEL/
amazon.com/Kingwin-KW525-3U3CR-Multi-Function-Transfer-Bandwidth/dp/B01K0RPTN0/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1532868079&sr=1-1&keywords=5.25 bay reader
aliexpress.com/item/5-25inch-PC-Multifunction-Media-Dashboard-USB3-0-e-SATA-Audio-SIM-SMART-Multi-Card-Reader/32826645231.html
silentpcreview.com/via-artigo
amazon.com/desktop-computer-companion-accessories-storage/dp/B006VAD2C6
amazon.co.uk/Icy-Box-873-Internal-5-25-inch-Indicator/dp/B075278Z7P
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

bump

Attached: 1493512937001.jpg (900x600, 82K)

I have a multi card reader in mine. Icybox or something like that is the brand. It's not bad. Alternatively you could get a shelf.

Finding a multi-card reader with USB-type C will be a bitch.

The only ones out there are made by no name chinese companies.

You're better off if you have 2 5.25" bays available, then you can throw in a dedicated USB type-C expansion (they even have 10gbps ones available), and a dedicated multi-card reader.

>shelf
This is actually genius.

Interesting brand, never heard, thanks... I thought about a shelf but I only have 1 slot left and It would be more useful to have a card reader :D

I thought so, I couldn't find any readers with Type-C... I'm not gonna buy some Chinese trash either. Unfortunately I only have 1 bay left, the other one has a BluRay drive.

I found this but I'm not sure how good it is, and the LCD screen is useless for me since I have a front cover on my case:
amazon.com/SilverStone-Technology-Display-Amperage-FP59B/dp/B01LWSP4K8

>I found this but I'm not sure how good it is, and the LCD screen is useless for me since I have a front cover on my case:
I saw that one too but didn't recommend it because the reviews seem to hint at terrible build quality and USB-type C issues (people claiming it wont charge devices properly).

and it's limited to USB 3.1 gen 1 (5gbps) instead of the full 10gbps.

I see, good catch on the gen 1

I'll keep looking. I also don't need any mic/headphone jacks since I already have them on my case.

>no 2.5" sata hot bay
Shit tier.

Can't find anything good with Type-C, although I found this:
asus.com/Motherboard-Accessory/USB-31-UPD-PANEL/

But it doesn't have anything except USB Type-C, I want a multi-card reader as well..

drawers, hot swappable desktop/laptop hdd caddies are probably the most useful. The reader thing in the OP is good. The rest is all just ricer shit, or things that would be better served with a dedicated device. What's the point of having fan controllers or a little screen on the tower. audio outputs and amps are probably shit compared to standalone ones, or at least more expensive. If anything else I'd throw in a optical drive since they are so damn cheap nowdays.

Yeah, that's the best USB Type-C front panel bay right now, solid performance.

Only option.

Attached: hold muh beer a sec.jpg (300x300, 33K)

Is this shit?

amazon.com/Kingwin-KW525-3U3CR-Multi-Function-Transfer-Bandwidth/dp/B01K0RPTN0/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1532868079&sr=1-1&keywords=5.25 bay reader

Looks decent, but limited to 5gbps bandwidth

Yeah.. Maybe I'll wait until I buy one.. not really in a hurry.

Companies are probably not so interested in these kinds of products.. not enough people buying them I guess...

Thanks for the help!

ThisTbhFam

Why are nearly all 4-port usb 3 panels actually implemented as hubs with a single usb-a cable on the inside? Finding a panel that connects to 2 native motherboard dual outputs was way harder than expected. At least it's brushed aluminum like the rest of my case, not some chinkshit plastic.
Also since my case came with one 5.25 bay open I was forced to get ricer fan controller. It was somewhat useful for a while when I was forced to use a motherboard without native DC fan control and a bunch of 3pin fans.

Attached: zalman-zm-mfc1-2-10374471.jpg (1024x815, 162K)

What's the point of a cup holder when you're sat at a desk?

I just want this but with smart card reader, but I can't find any,

fuck, nevermind, I just found it, aliexpress.com/item/5-25inch-PC-Multifunction-Media-Dashboard-USB3-0-e-SATA-Audio-SIM-SMART-Multi-Card-Reader/32826645231.html
I always looked directly on aliexpress, but this time I just went to google images and I found it.
I want SD and Smart Card readers, and if it has eSATA then that's a plus, but it also has 5v, which will be perfect for using a 3.5" HDD externally, whcih I use to install games on the PS4.,

What is the point of a car lighter when you have a power outlet and lighter.
But to be fair, it was bought as a something to mess with people. I got pic as well for my spare slots.

Attached: Icy dock 8 bay.png (1370x599, 254K)

You're all forgetting the best.

Burson play.

Attached: Burson-Play-Headamp-3 (5) - Copy.jpg (800x534, 72K)

How about a second computer?
silentpcreview.com/via-artigo

Attached: 01.jpg (550x286, 30K)

Found the child too young to get the joke

Attached: 4L_Jp7yvgXz.jpg (378x327, 19K)

what would you use it for though?

I wonder if it could run a stream... that's a bit of a use-case. maybe as a remote desktop for another pc that doesn't strain your main pc's cpu, if it's anemic. I don't know.

Most of these things are effectively novelty.

Minus the remote, this has helped me so much with recording music at home. Don't know what I'd do without it. Can't find a replacement as convenient as this.

Attached: x-fi Xtreme fidelity platinum.jpg (500x300, 30K)

Do they melt?

Planning to put a CD/DVD Drive and Swap Bay for HDD/SSD into my new PC build.

I also have a multi card reader like OP but the new case only got room for two and I'm not using it all too often.

This just made me realize that a proper audio interface (with XLRs etc) that'd fit in a drive bay could be a pretty useful bit of kit. Shame nobody seems to make one, my Scarlett Solo looks like it'd fit if it had an appropriate chassis.

>scarlett solo
ew

amazon.com/desktop-computer-companion-accessories-storage/dp/B006VAD2C6

Attached: 41QkepX8WhL.jpg (303x301, 17K)

>120 burgers
lmao, fuck that

The $120 version is the metal one. It can take heat better.

amazon.co.uk/Icy-Box-873-Internal-5-25-inch-Indicator/dp/B075278Z7P

so you dont knock over your slurpy while in an intense Minecraft session

fyi if u guys are gonna get some speakers for your 5.25 drive bay, get some that have direct power not usb crap. w/o direct power you will get interference/signal drop/static niose

Attached: IMG_0339.jpg (3264x2448, 1.18M)

This, do a drawer and a 3.5/2.5 combo SATA bay. I use mine all the time. Just make sure to adjust bios/uefi settings after installing

Always wanted one of those card reader things both for the frequent SD card use and those odd times you need to read a CF or whatever. But always heard the chink multireader bays break quickly and suck ass.

Why are the chinese the only players in this part of the PC market? Is there like no demand for desktop drive bay shit anymore?

an interesting idea is to make your own drive bay shell and put a mini computer inside of it like pic related
would make for a perfect machine for ordering cheese pizza where you can immediately discard of it without much financial loss if the party van ever takes a stroll up to your house
could use it as a tor node or a mini home server too

Attached: .jpg (455x238, 19K)

Holy shit I was wondering if this was a thing.

>Is there like no demand for desktop drive bay shit anymore?
when most new cases anymore don't have 5.25 bays anymore the mainstream demand for 5.25 accessories drops. China is still going to make these devices for along while because some people are still going to by them and they can make them cheap so it still makes sense.
Name brands are just going to stop making them since they no longer have any mass appeal and put resources elsewhere