Books recomendation

Recommend a book that teaches you something Jow Forums related, post a topic and get literature recommendation

is there a chart like this for Jow Forums?

Attached: 1532458828766.png (4000x3500, 3.52M)

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Programming_resources
ebook777.com
twitter.com/AnonBabble

My reading of the last 6 months:

«The Rust Programming Language»
«Programming Rust»
«Absolute OpenBSD»
«The Art of Software Security Assessment»

Current reading:

«Competitive Programmer Handbook»

Jow Forums only shill two books:

«The C Programming Language»
«SCIP»

Attached: coding-for-dummies.jpg (411x515, 69K)

wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Programming_resources
rtfw

Attached: 1514563347230.jpg (900x2134, 438K)

Attached: dealers_in_lightning.jpg (345x499, 31K)

>2014
Anything newer?

>2014
More like 1970 my good nigga.

Attached: soul_of_a_new_machine.jpg (332x499, 41K)

For laughs. Everyday reminder that humanists who try to be smart insightful techies are just retarded stupid retards who don't understand anything about what they are talking about. Never hire a single humanist in tech company.

Attached: what computers still cant do.jpg (400x566, 31K)

Books yes.
but list is from 2014.
would like to see newer list

That's a really good book, really fluid story telling. Read it twice. Have another like it, pic related. It's about Jim Clark, Netscape and dawn of internet era.

Attached: the-new-new-thing-a-silicon-valley-story-a-silicon-valley-story.jpg (1521x2337, 275K)

You spelled physics wrong

Attached: IMG_20171201_075811.jpg (2444x4597, 2.27M)

ebook777.com

Attached: pile-of-books.jpg (500x305, 96K)

What the fuck? Are you trying to chase some dumb meme language that was just created?
Most of those books are old as fuck and there is a reason they are still recommended.

Humanism is important in computation, just not in that woo woo way.

Having people think in such an unnatural way is seldom good for the mind. Its really no wonder that often times mathematicians, logicians and philosophers end up miserable or crazy . It helps to be aware that fundamentally you are completely rewiring your mind to be compatible with these completely unnatural modes of thinking and that if you aren't careful with your mental health you'll fall off the deep end.

But maybe that's just those who didn't have the self awareness to know that changing the way you think like that could have adverse affects, I mean more than anything you should be aware that if you fuck around with the underlying system of a machine you do run the risk of fucking things up, its often how mental health goes.
Torture someone for a month, lock them in a room, tell them that their entire life was a lie and that they are actually a dolphin in a mans body and you essentially just hacked that mans and ruined his life.

Yet this is the kind of thing people subject themselves to daily without a second thought, you wanna tread carefully if you're a man who loves learning, you'll find that you aren't as much in control of yourself as you think. Lots of bright people on this very site who fucked themselves up on anime, Jow Forums philosophy, r9k or some other retarded shit.

lol

Attached: flicky.png (466x526, 298K)

intellect is a two-edged sword; when you're reprogramming/deconstructing yourself there's no guarantee you'll do it perfectly/put yourself together correctly again. Good post.

SICP is awesome and should be shilled at every given opportunity.

CS:APP3e
Engineering a Compiler
SSA Book
Types and Programming Languages by Pierce
Think Complexity
Cryptography Engineering: Design Principles and Practical Application by Schneier
The Design and Implementation of the FreeBSD Operating System
Absolute OpenBSD and Httpd Relayd Mastery by Lucas, The Book of PF by Peter Hansteen if you enjoy the /comfy/ness of this system
other M.W. Lucas's books for specific tools
Introduction to OS Abstractions Using Plan 9 from Bell Labs
Notes on the Plan 9 3rd edition Kernel Source (nemo book)
C Programming: A Modern Approach by King
The C Programming Language by k&r
AT&T C Traps and Pitfalls by Koenig (short paper)
Expert C Programming: Deep Secrets
21st Century C by Klemens
Effective Modern C++ by Scott Meyers
Eloquent JavaScript
JavaScript the Good Parts by Douglas Crockford
Game Engine Architecture by Gregory

Dumbest post in Jow Forums since Intel shills hyping 7nm Xeons at Computex 2015 threads. Why? Because just like Intel shills, you can't prove any of that. All I see is a scared virgin with zero employability prospects projecting hard and trying to convince world he has value.

If I was chasing language I would just grab books for it. What I am looking for is maybe more modern book about eg cryptography (for example shneiers most popular book is so out of date it is considered harmful). Maybe some more modern books about algorithms too(but algos doesn't change! They don't. But their eficency and speed changes due to optimizations in cpus and so)

>so out of date it is considered harmful
source? i just bought this book