pcpartpicker.com/
>Learn how to build a PC
Search youtube for a build guide for your socket
>How to install Win7 on new CPUs
pastebin.com/TUZvnmy1

Want help?
>State the budget & CURRENCY for your build
>List your uses - e.g. Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors, include purpose (e.g. photo editing, gaming) and graphics card pairing (if applicable)
>Don't use Speccy, you retard. Use HWinfo, SIV, etc.

Overclocking
>Use PBO on Ryzen. Legacy overclocking is defunct on Ryzen 2#00X CPUs. youtube.com/watch?v=FC3fsVk9Sss

CPUs
>R3 2200G - Bare minimum gaming (dGPU optional)
>R5 2400G - Consider IF on sale
>R5 2600/X - Good gaming & multithreaded work use CPUs
>i7-8700K - Best for 1080p gaming, but most expensive when factoring in delid, high-end cooler, etc.
>R7 2700/X - Best high-end gaming/mixed usage on a non-HEDT platform
>Threadripper/Used Xeon - HEDT

Motherboards
>Only Z300 series Intel boards can utilize fast memory

RAM
>8GB - Enough for most gaming use
>16GB - Standard for heavy use
>32GB - If you have to ask, you don't need this much
>Current CPUs benefit from fast RAM; 2933MHz+ is ideal

Graphics cards
1080p
>RX 570/580 /w Freesync or 1060 6GB are standard 1080p 60fps+ options
>1050Ti or RX560 for lower settings 1080p, or older games
>GTX 1070Ti/Vega 56 if seeking higher fps & you have a CPU + monitor to match
1440p
>Vega 56 /w Freesync, 1070Ti if you already have Gsync
>GTX 1080Ti if seeking higher fps & you have a CPU + monitor to match
2160p(4K)
>Titan V
OpenCL work
>Vega 64

Storage
>Consider StoreMi
>Consider getting a larger SSD (better GB/$) instead of small SSD & large HDD
>2TB HDDs are barely more $ than 1TB
>M.2 is a form factor, NOT a performance standard

Monitors
>Always consider FreeSync with AMD cards
>Lock to 72fps on 144hz non-Gsync monitors with Nvidia cards to prevent tearing on more demanding games
>PLAN YOUR BUILD AROUND YOUR MONITOR IF GAMING

Previous:

Attached: 6393115793_cab7767762_b.jpg (574x780, 454K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/list/X6mqBb
hdr10plus.org/press-release/
youtube.com/watch?v=A4PEgofGfz4
pcpartpicker.com/product/jpH48d/gskill-memory-f43200c14d16gvk
notebookcheck.net/AMD-Ryzen-Threadripper-2990X-gets-listed-online-for-US-1835.318760.0.html
alliance.experienceuhd.com/about-uhd-alliance
experienceuhd.com/uhd-premium-features
developer.nvidia.com/high-dynamic-range-display-development
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Going to order the parts in a couple of days, how does it look?

Attached: sk.png (676x658, 53K)

Overall good but the B450 Gaming Pro Carbon has better VRMs than the Strix, I'd get a 7200RPM HDD and a B-Die kit (can't tell if it is or not from the pic)

>R7 2700X with Vega 56/64
>i7-8700K with 1070ti/1080

Which one for gaming/ 1080p video editing?

2700x with 1070 ti best gaming and editing

2nd option ofc

hey guys, I'm in a dilemma here, which one should I buy? 2700 or 2700X? is the 30$ worth the cooler?

8700k rapes 2700x in both editing and gaming. Dont listen to the shills. As for the gpu avoid vega housefires.

he changed his name a long time ago bruh. i applaud your efforts but you fucked up my guy

wait nvm i didn't see the first bit of the name

is cl14 b-die only? how was I able to reach these timings on my ram tho
3200 @ 14-19-16-26 1.43V

The ram isnt b-die, im user from the last thread looking at those same exact rams, however newegg reviews with ryzen systems report that it works at 3200 well, some dont with seemingly cheap a350 boards, but the reviews are a good indicator what combos work well.

lads?

8700k is better for gaming ~generally~ but is worse for editing. you're right about vega though, everyone should avoid that shit like the plague.

8700k is much better in adobe premiere buddy

2700x is good at both, 8700k sucks ass because of 6 diseased cores.

pcpartpicker.com/list/X6mqBb

How's it look? I intend to use it for 144hz gheyming and ripping/converting media.

I do NOT intend to fiddle with OC. If the board lets me do it via BIOS so be it, but I will not be doing manual fiddly shit.
>Monitor suggestions are very welcome.
>Already have a cooler.
>Case suggestions welcome though.
>Will need two HDDs
>$3.1k price ceiling

Attached: Comp.png (717x560, 39K)

Should I wait for next gen GPUs rather than buying from the current crop? The price of an Asus rog strix 1080TI OC makes me want to puke, but I need that performance. I'm also looking to buy an ASUS PG348Q monitor to go with the card, but same issue with the price and I don't think it will go down in the foreseeable future.

good luck phaggit

8700k is overall shit my dude. Fact.

Attached: 1525554090644.jpg (1079x784, 161K)

Kinda mixed opinions but Vega is definetely out of the loop huh. What if I say I have Freesync

noob here, what is exctly bdie? I tried google didnt find much

Attached: ugauga.jpg (238x192, 7K)

Should wait for next gen everything.

S340 Mid Tower Case

Suggestion:
Use 1 256GB SSD instead of the 480. Then combine that with the 2-3TB HDD.
AMD B450 and X470 motherboards come with a license for StoreMI, a tiered storage solution software. It has a limit for 256 GB SSDs unless you wanna pay $60 for the full-fat FuzeDrive software variant that supports SSD's up to 1TB.

if you have freesync you're better of buying something cheap from amd and then getting navi when it drops early next year. vega is complete garbage and navi should be way better. there's no point on dropping $500 on something that has many problems which will be fixed soon. you could always use nvidia with 144hz like i've been doing. i don't notice any tearing at all but you could be different.

>ROG Crosshair VII Hero
>I do NOT intend to fiddle with OC
This is an absolute waste of money, may as well get a cheaper mobo.
>Already have a cooler.
Which one? Also the Wraith Max or whatever it's called is pretty good.
>Case
There are soooo many options. Personally I like the Define R6 TG. Also make sure you at least have 2 in 1 out fans, idk why people always forget fans.
>HDD
For normal desktop it really doesn't matter, for "performance" HDD get WD Black or HGST 7K6000 and for reliable 24/7 data storage get WD Red or HGST Deskstar NAS.

>didnt find much

Not gonna fool me friend. The first result is literally "what is b-die?"

Need a laptop recommendation. Budget is between 500-1000 eurobucks, though I'd prefer something in the 600-800 range. Suited for casual gaming and university stuff. Long battery life would be a plus.

Attached: 1at1KVJ.jpg (612x540, 61K)

He asked specifically for gaming and video editing user.
Also if you trust tom so much why are you or your friends remove "i5 8400 best value" from the OP? Oh right, because you are here to shill AMD

I'm currently on Nvidia with freesync and I really don't notice anything, but everyone seems to be talking about it so I mentioned it. I dunno about waiting a year but I'll see what drops with the 1100 series

Looks like a great case, honestly, thank you.
I see this option a lot, will look into it. Wasn't quite sold on the SSD form anyhow.
I figured the mobo was overkill. Ideas on what to drop back to? Have a be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 sitting around I'll tack on there. Thank you for your help!

What controller should i get some say i should get xbox while others tell me ps4?
what kind of xbox or ps4?

i would prefer most compatibility in steam.

every modern game has support for xbox controllers and xbox user interface. even older games with controller mods like gta san andreas use the xbox buttons.

Adding to this, many modern games recognize the PS4 controller without issue or treats it like an xbox controller. Go with what you like better if you're keeping it wired.

the xbox 360 controller is half the price of the dualshock 4 and is better for 99% of controller supported pc games due to the interfaces. there isn't any reason to get anything else. i've used a ds4 on pc wired before and the micro usb port at the top becomes loose after a while and the wire can easily fall out. the 360 controller has a built in wire and its very durable.

Asus X470 Prime Pro has good VRM to push that XFR but it's lacking some features even cheaper mobos have like control LEDs and the VRM cooling sucks ass.
If you get a fan directly to the VRM it's fine though. B450 and X470 mobos below $200 are so underwhelming because of this if you think about it....
I got the X370 version of it

GTX 1180 when?

No argument there, and come to think of it the port does get flimsy after a while.

That's the one I was eyeing as I push on. Thanks for the heads up about the VRM, too. This isn't my first time building by any means, but my eyes are finally open about a lot now that I have slowed down and started to pay more attention.

>I'm currently on Nvidia with freesync and I really don't notice anything
because Nvidia doesn't work with freesync you silly dum dum.

he's saying he doesn't notice tearing despite not being able to use freesync.

It'll work fine, 3200MHz CL14 would be better

>going micro ATX
>CPU cooler clearance on the Fractal Mini-C: 168mm
>check specs for my NH-D15
>165mm with fans
I hope I'm okay

Attached: F3989631-419F-4366-90F1-9D507B5C51C3.jpg (202x208, 23K)

Again you have no actual source, just a news article that claims HDR 10 is an actual standard with no standards body to have created it.
Just some quotes, which when searched, link back to articles which unsources whose HDR10 spec this is.
So I did some actual research for you, since you're seemingly incapable of it. Only thing I found is: hdr10plus.org/press-release/ for HDR10+. Again, it's TV shit, created by 20th Century Fox, Panasonic, and Samsung. Not Dolby. Not VESA.
The VESA standards is the only one anyone cares about for monitors.

HDR 10 is just a blanket term for a 10 bit monitor with some form of HDR.

ASUS warranty isn't transferable unless your countries laws force them to be transferable. You're being scammed.

Looks fine. Though I'd get 2 SSDs; one for OS and the other to use with StoreMi or something similar, instead.

2800H laptops should be out soon. Otherwise get a 2700U one with dual channel memory, a decent sized SSD, ethernet port, USB-C, and a decent screen.

Late August or September. They'll likely announce it 2 weeks before launch, so more than 2 weeks away.

The Crosshair VII is the best you could get but you'd save some money with the Strix X470-F (similar VRMs) or the B450 Gaming Pro Carbon
youtube.com/watch?v=A4PEgofGfz4
I'd get a MX500 1TB, a Focus Gold Plus and this cheaper kit
pcpartpicker.com/product/jpH48d/gskill-memory-f43200c14d16gvk
I'm saving up for the Meshify C or the Enthoo Pro M, the monitor looks fine but the XB271HU is IPS (albeit with lower response time)

>Late August or September. They'll likely announce it 2 weeks before launch, so more than 2 weeks away.
What are the chances of it costing less than 800 Merkels? Because I don't see myself spending more than that on a top end GPU.

I have a monitor from dell with similar specs including gsync and it's like 400, not even

First, is it time? Build this bitch back in 2011
Second, is it possible to swap over just my OS to my SSD? My HDD is slow as balls and I don't have the install disc anymore.
Windows 7 btw.

Attached: speccy.png (490x374, 21K)

What's a better Corsair PSU? RMx 750w Bronze, or RM 550w Gold?

Attached: Capture.png (601x258, 37K)

>2500k
It was around Ryzen/Kaby came out.

Dunno. Latest rumors are that it will be a die shrunk GP102, not GP104, so only ~10-15% performance increase.
In that case, it's likely the MSRP will be in the $550-$600 range.

If it's a GP104 die shrink, even if it's cut down a bit, it's likely going to be more like $650-$750 or more.
Then add your tax to that.

CXM are shit and lots of people have problems with them. Don't buy them if you can avoid it. Get TXM at a minimum.
Aren't RM super old at this point, too?

I mean, I don't know how you haven't felt that CPU is holding me back. Since like 2014, 2015, my 2500k was feeling so slow.
But if it's still fine for you, stick with it?
>Second, is it possible to swap over just my OS to my SSD? My HDD is slow as balls and I don't have the install disc anymore.
>Windows 7 btw.
There should be some way to find your key for your current installation. Then download the USB installer and do a fresh install on the SSD with that key.

sorry, what?

>If it's a GP104 die shrink, even if it's cut down a bit, it's likely going to be more like $650-$750 or more.
>Then add your tax to that.
So the same price as the current GTX 1080Ti, i can live with that.

>find your key for your current installation
I didn't have a key, my friend had a disc and I used removeWAT

if nothings pressuring you i'd drag that one out another year, maybe buy the SSD now as you'll just use it anyway later and its a good bonus. New AMD CPU's will have time to show what theyre capable and potentially RAM prices have a slight chance to drop next year which would be a bonus.

1080 ti have been dropping prices lately in my country

at what price should i get one? brand new

The Asus warranty thing isn't an issue here
t. 3rd worlder.

RM750X is the only true choice. Get the one in white, it looks sexy.

notebookcheck.net/AMD-Ryzen-Threadripper-2990X-gets-listed-online-for-US-1835.318760.0.html

Acer Predator XB271HU is on sale for £450, is that a good choice for a professional game developer who needs decent colours but also appreciates gaming gimmicks?

>can't refute anything provided
>calls it fake and made up "no source"
>claims the UHD Alliance isn't a standards body
>the only 4k HDR10 monitor in existence follows the UHD alliance certification

all fake though amirite?
like i said, you're clearly mentally challenged. try and actually win an argument next time. this is becoming too easy for me.

Link to source. I can only find HDR10+.

wait for Turing

More response time*

alliance.experienceuhd.com/about-uhd-alliance

Attached: ef8a49a92c2.png (763x965, 82K)

How high could i overclock a 8700k on a 4+2 phase z370?

Delided or not?

It was time.

Not

what? when I put it together the next thing coming out was Ivy bridge, and AMD starting to release their bulldozer shit

>alliance.experienceuhd.com/about-uhd-alliance
Link does not show what you've screencapped there.

I was just researching this for myself. You'll be fine depending on how far you have to move the fan up for ram clearance. If it gets too close to the side panel you can always take it off, the d15s only runs a few c hotter and if you live in a first world country you can just turn your ambient temp down a few c if it's that important to you.

>4+2 phase
>8700K
LOL

I start to think you have mental handicaps. You asked is it time? I answered it was time when Ryzen/Kaby lake came out. For upgrade if you don't even know what the fuck you are talking about.

Hey guys, I want to build a productivity and gaymen pc that is as small as possible (without sacrificing performance and having heating issues). I'm fine with intel or amd cpu's, but want an nvidia card. Will use a 32 inch 1440p monitor. I am leaning towards amd cpu's because I hear I'll be able to put a zen 2 chip into the current mobo's.

Budget is 1500 gbp (roughly 2000 $).

when will benchmarks/reviews of b450 boards drop?

the link shows all the people who abide by their standards including their HDR standards. Nvidia is clear to see on that list. the screenshot is their certification standard for HDR10. if you don't believe it then here is there own website. the screenshot just summarised it.

experienceuhd.com/uhd-premium-features

2600/2700X + 1070Ti/1080 is what you're looking at. If you want as small as possible go for ITX on Asus B450 or X470 ROG STRIX.

Will I definitely be able to upgrade the 2700x to the 3700x/3800x?

According to AMD yes. AM5 won't come before 2020.

Only if you buy x470 board

Is it even worth building a top tier pc now considering ddr5 will be out soonish?

But again b450 is shit for a 2700x what am i saying.

yes if you do in fact want a new computer

yes

Bro your sentence structure is all jacked up, makes it difficult to understand what the fuck you're trying to say. No need to throw insults like a toddler though.

Alright.
Here, use these.

That's for the "Ultra HD Premium" spec, not "HDR10". Link me to the HDR10 specs page/pdf.
Why can't you link to the actual specification?
What are you hiding?

why

Wrong. The B450 Gaming Pro Carbon has the same VRMs as the X470 Gaming Plus and that one has no issues overclocking the 2700X

Well yeah since they cost the same. Only reason to get a b450 is for budget builds. If you get at the x470 price range then you should get that and not a b450.

you're acting clinically retarded again. it's time to take your pills.
the ultrahd premium spec COVERS the HDR10 spec. you're seriously mentally deficient if you couldn't deduce that from the certifications.

>While Ultra High Definition (UHD) is synonymous with 4K Resolution, it also includes a range of features beyond Resolution, such as: High Dynamic Range (HDR), Wider Color Spectrum, Color Bit Depth, Immersive Audio and more. These performance advances enable certified televisions, content and other devices to fully replicate the richness of life’s sights and sounds, and allow viewers to more accurately experience the content creator’s vision.
>it also includes a range of features beyond Resolution, such as: High Dynamic Range

learn to read as well. the specification is all in the page i linked in small writing underneath the descriptions. once again unable to refute the hard evidence thrown at you and going on full "i-it's all f-fake" damage control. this is just too easy. i'd recommend you giving up now rather than making yourself look more stupid.

just to put further salt into your wounds:
developer.nvidia.com/high-dynamic-range-display-development
>Industry groups such as the Society of Motion Picture and Television Engineers (SMTPE) and the HDMI Forum have created standards for the next generation of displays. In particular, they go far beyond the dynamic range and color gamut described by sRGB and Rec. 709 which has driven the industry for the past two decades. These standards enable the encoding of brighter and richer colors than displays have traditionally been able to display. Additionally, an industry group called the UHD Alliance (UHDA) has set forward a certification program of what capabilities are required of a display to produce a high-quality experience today.

Hopefully it'll come down, but you're correct. That's a board I'd want to see be not more than $110 or so.
The VRM is more than decent, RAM compat is good, but it's only a single m.2
I also just dislike any board that doesn't have an x1 slot above the x16. I hate that they put full length m2 there instead.
And the bottom x1 slot is too high. wtf. The last PCI slot should generally be 7 down on an ATX board as ATX cases typically have 7-8 slots.

>still no link to the "HDR10 spec", only cropped screenshots and greentext
What are you hiding?

Are full tower cases worth the extra money? Mainly because I'm thinking about getting a case for my new PC but I'm not sure if I want a full or medium one

lmao i'll take this as you giving up. comprehensively blown the fuck out.
>i-i can't click and read a link
kek

Give it up my dude this has been going on for like a day now and you haven't provided anything. Don't promote arguments. You have nothing to give him so just leave it

Thanks. I wanna get some custom cables cause I have a noctua meme build with the coolar and all my case fans but I don't know where to get cables with tan and brown colors to go with it. What sites offer customizable cables like that? Already checked cablemods, they don't have beige or brown, only this ugly orange color.

nda until 31st or so i heard.

Nothing comes up for "HDR10" on that page.
Where is this HDR10 spec you keep claiming exists?

>you haven't provided anything
The emphasis on
>providing anything
isn't on me. I'm not the one saying there is an HDR10 spec. This other user is, and has provided no proof of it. Just cropped screengrabs and links that don't back up his claims.

You can't prove a negative, so I have nothing to provide. does.
Can't tell if you're samefag or just equally as much an idiot.

Attached: firefox_2018-07-29_15-44-20.png (907x186, 26K)