What went wrong?

What went wrong?

Attached: The-internet-map-visualization-mapping-routing-paths-colour-link-connections-blue-green-lines-white- (1013x590, 166K)

Other urls found in this thread:

idlewords.com/talks/website_obesity.htm
youtube.com/watch?v=tefielQeHZY
safenetwork.tech
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

remember me, user?! when the amerimutts killed me I talked JUST LIKE THIS!

Attached: X25-network-diagram-0a.svg.png (1280x905, 261K)

Scripted web content. The web should just be text, images, links, and style options. The web was meant to be an interconnected 'web' of hypertext markup language documents. What we have now is "web apps" and bloated pages with so many variations of javascript that you can't even keep track of.
idlewords.com/talks/website_obesity.htm
youtube.com/watch?v=tefielQeHZY

Attached: html.jpg (1280x720, 67K)

safenetwork.tech will solve it all

Centralization
Normies
Capitalism

They've all been intertwined in a symbiotic relationship to ruin the internet over the last decade.

this pretty much. that's why that one Jow Forums autist made wiby.me, a search engine that only goes through "classic" websites.

my personal website is just that, static text and images with hand-written CSS and valid HTML5. feels good.

Normies.

Normalfags

>What went wrong?
normies

and bugmen

Wasn't the internet basically a glorified radio before the private markets took over and transformed it into what it is today?

Centralization and lack of discoverability killed it. Funny enough reddit system of subreddits is the closest I ever saw of a glimpse of hope. People still want small specialized communities. Maybe after reddit get into terminal status the next big trend will be forums again.

when the word wide web started, for the first few years it mas made up of mainly white computer nerds and people at universities, it was a lot comfier and a lot more interesting. You could share warez without worry, and everyone preferred to remain anonymous. It was a glorious time.

Attached: 1532747595632.png (640x480, 231K)

We became too dependent on it and can't view it in context anymore. The problem isn't 'normies', the problem is you.

Javascript

I wouldn't necessarily blame the technology, rather what people made with it.
I think webapps are going in the right direction, wrt secure application delivery over the network from untrusted sources.
People can do so many things in the browser right now, in a secure and well thought out sandbox, that back then they would have accomplished by downloading random executables from sketchy websites.
I think the technology is sound, the fact that it was developed on top of a networked document publishing technology is a bit unfortunate but makes sense historically, and was the best way to bootstrap that kind of technology.
I'd blame human greed instead. Website owners trying to make as much money as possible, and users always picking the cheapest/free alternative lead to this tracking ads hell. If it wasn't for javascript they would have come up with something else, potentially more proprietary and even worse.

Normies
Monopolization
Normies

thanks I didn't know about wiby.me

illuminati eye had never seen better

These.

Attached: uMatrix_Vice.jpg (539x864, 176K)

The Web.

Attached: ted_nelson.jpg (670x370, 52K)

The internet, apparently

Ubiquitous broadband.

facebook
smartphones
youtube comments
javascript
ad servers + flash + java
russian mafia
botnets
spam
insecure firmware

The Web.

No, that was the internet. When the Web started, it quickly because corporate.

The world wide web did in fact have a golden age you know. It wasn't immediately degenerate. Its purpose wasn't about commercialization, but that is what it ended up becoming.

flash.

Yet another thing ruined by popularity.

every poor, retarded, autistic, junkie,gay, feminist,normie,pajeet,hipster, nerd, etc

everyone has access to it and you see how the world is in your bare hands.

to have internet back then you had to be somewhat like a special human being but now everyone has access to it.

thats what went wrong.

I don't think so no, but either way I'm more referring to large corporations (as well as the state) recognizing the importance of the internet and just how big it would really be around the mid-late 2000's, and subsequently becoming more involved with it.

>comments disabled

Jow Forums happened.

unironically capitalism

(((social media)))

And you also fucked your image to death.

There is no reason for transparency on an image without outlined text