> i9 7980XE
> 18-cores / 36-threads
> 24.75MB cache
> 2.6GHz base
> 4.4GHz turbo
> 165W TDP
> $1979

OH NO NO NO NO NO NO

Attached: AMD threadripper.jpg (1200x480, 65K)

Other urls found in this thread:

notebookcheck.net/AMD-Ryzen-Threadripper-2990X-gets-listed-online-for-US-1835.318760.0.html
youtube.com/watch?v=Kr8ZekIZUWI
anandtech.com/show/12907/we-got-a-sneak-peak-on-intels-28core-all-you-need-to-know
gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/FR-2016-12-01/pdf/2016-25167.pdf
hailea.com/e-hailea/product1/HC-1000B.htm
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1,1,1,2-Tetrafluoroethane
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

notebookcheck.net/AMD-Ryzen-Threadripper-2990X-gets-listed-online-for-US-1835.318760.0.html

Intel has a 5GHz 28-core CPU that destroys that Ryzen.

Does it come with a 1 horse power chiller?
>Btw the chiller they used in the Taiwan demo is illegal in most countries

>$1835
Guess my dream of having a threadrypper is crashed.
Ryzen it is.

...for 5x the price

are you fucking stupid?

Attached: (you).png (720x690, 85K)

Get a fucking job

I'm working on it.
Trying to get into PhD next year.
Still way too expensive for personal use.

Leave the buying to Americans and their credit cards

Attached: 1392100729337.png (744x1340, 73K)

Get a 1950x

Wasn't new generation supposed to be significantly better?
I think the cheapest newer generation may be preferable.

Just buy the 16c version

What the hell is going on with the CPU market?

I don't understand shit.

What's not to understand?
Lurk for two years before posting new fag

Intel's CEO fucked up so badly (someone post the Google Translate picture pls) that AMD, a company that a few years ago had a market cap lower than Intel's R&D budget, is now kicking their ass. It's pretty funny and great for competition.

That's the Canada price though, which doesn't mean it will be $1835 US, AMD jews massively inflated prices in Canada WELL beyond simple conversion.

The Threadripper 1950x is $779 USD, that's $1018 CAD. But what do they charge for a 1950x in Canada? $1400.

So you'll likely get the 2990x for something like $1500 USD

That's the highest end threadripper. Lower end ones are like $600

1KW CPU when?

1950x is 16cores

Octacosa meaning eight hundred (800) in Greek

Intel fucked up by dragging its feet and not investing money into actual 7nm or 10nm. AMD caught Intel offguard with their Ryzen release. Now AMD is shitting on Intel's dick.

Shitting dick nipples

muh cores, tdp, inherent hardware design flaws, architectural limits...

The more I lurk the more confused I get.

both are US corps (NSA bitches)

This competition makes companies choose the one or the other, instead of investing in chink ARMs or other RISC CPUs

Not like x86 is gonna die soon

So why the fuck wouldn't you get across the border and buy one?

AYYMD HOUSEFIRES 250W

Intel starts rating their processors by the horsepower required for the cooler rather than by TDP.
>how many horses you got in that rig
>it maxes out 2.3 horses at full draw
>*long impressed whistle*

What do you want to know, specifically?

>Intel 28cores needs 1700watt water cooler

You guys can't just mail order from a US dealer?

3 peak hp coolers when

Attached: 1484127581943.gif (230x268, 1.22M)

C O P E

>what is customs

That's a big cache

Still useless

unless lenovo, hp and dell is stopped selling enterprise server with intel processors
amd is still like the niche bottom of the barrel cpus without enterprise support

Wouldn't it still be cheaper?

Do you still live in the stone age?

Is Intel stuck and unable to progress towards 10nm etc due to architectual limits?

Has Intel made any effort to correct Spectre and Meltdown hardware design flaws in newer models without huge performance hits?

How close are AMD and Intel to each other in terms of single core performance (arguably the most important metric), and/or in terms of TDP?

I recall something about AMD Ryzen CPUs only using half of their chip or something. Probably not remembering correctly. The hell is that about?

Guess that's it. Except price/performance between Intel and AMD.

buy intel's last generation hedt and overclock it.

that's a big chip

nah man i just procure servers in our dev projects in work

for you.

cute larp

Do you guys think we'll see an even larger price drop on existing Threadripper 1950X chips? I'd love to get a 16c32t 1950X for $500.

>the chiller they used in the Taiwan demo is illegal in most countrie
desire to know more

Attached: 1530156289836.jpg (618x685, 92K)

This

1. No, as far as we're aware Intel is stuck on 10nm due to some process they used which fucked up royally, there's a great screen grab floating around somewhere
2. Nope, these flaws are structurally integrated into how they implemented out of order execution, a proper fix is needed at silicon level, until that happens all Intel processors are vulnerable, even the new 9000 series coming out
3. Intel still has the lead in single core performance mainly due to higher clock speeds.
4. Depends which chip you're talking about, a 1700/2700 should be a fully unlocked piece, while anything lower has cores disabled. Threadripper works a bit differently

but he is right, i don't see any major companies that offer amd dedicated servers, it's all xeons

This
How can a cooler be illegal? WTF?

It uses coolant that is banned?

Refrigerant used
Are you asking or stating something?

>even the new 9000 series coming out
weren't they supposed to be fixed in hardware?

for you.

So, intel actually broke the law when they did that sham 28core 5ghz demo?

That cooler must not have been illegal in Taiwan

>even the new 9000 series coming out
maybe that's why they opted for no hyperthreading on anything below i9?

Why doesn't Intel bundle the 1000W cooler needed? They could make even more money

Attached: intelstockcooling.jpg (711x457, 52K)

>But what do they charge for a 1950x in Canada? $1400.
does that include taxes?

>AMD jews massively inflated prices in Canada WELL beyond simple conversion.
why are you blaming AMD itself? the distributors are the jews in this case

>day dreaming about having 26 extra cores that do nothing

the 8700k at 5ghz with ddr4-4000 is the ideal setup. get on my level.

Attached: 1307258136166.jpg (1920x1200, 643K)

How will this thing run Gentoo?

Only poor people concern themselves with things like legality. Are you even Jew? Are you doing what it takes for the glory of Israel? And you call yourself a patriot Goy?

The silicon is still inherently flawed if they have to disable functions like that on everything below a certain series
Does that mean we're going to get dual core i3 with no ht desktop parts this time?

5x the price, 2.50Ghz. You just need to buy dozen to win the silicone lottery.

*1KW chiller not included

2990X will overclock to 4.1GHz on all cores if you can keep it cool and keep the VRMs on the motherboard from bursting into flames.

Intel's re-releasing a quad-core i3. Not the worst, but you know it's going to be $150-$200. Why when you can get a last gen quad-core with hyperthreading for the same price?

Intel's only option for more than a fucking year is to strangle the fuck out of all it's suppliers and businesses to upgrade to new mobos, DDR4, and overpriced/underperforming cpus, just to stay in the green.

That has to do with your stores and their profit margins cuck

Uh so it only has a 3.4GHz base clock? WTF, My trusty Phenom II is running at 3.2 full bore right now. That don't look like much improvement to me.

Now when they crank it up to 4-5 GHz full speed 24/7 on all cores then maybe I'll consider it.

"Turbo" is just a temporary thing, you lose cores in exchange for more speed for limited time. So in the end you get fucked over. Plus some titles don't play nice with the whole Turbo feature.

Core does not benefit from memory speed, at least not in the way Ryzen does. We had a thread the other day where an user posted how the core actually bottlenecks ram speed.

Kek, buyers remorse is a bitch

Attached: 128479125.jpg (985x537, 67K)

You're dumb. Base clock is essentially a meaningless number. Turbo frequency across X amount of cores is what is important.

That's why you get this bad boy for

youtube.com/watch?v=Kr8ZekIZUWI

I don't even have a Threadripper and I want it. Hell, I might just buy a Threadripper to use this.

>inb4 you need to delid and oc it before it delivers sufficient cooling for their processors

>le fuck the NSA
>real men prefer Chinese backdoors

One of those 360mm Enermax TR4 coolers would work well. Still need a board that has a good VRM configuration like that new MSI board if you intend to OC that thing though.

this is te future normalfags chosen for us...

The 2500x seems to be addressing that market, as it will, reportedly, be a single CCX, so no inter-CCX latencies to worry about. I knew that the 7700k was a 350$ chip with an expiration date, but still, RIP.

It won’t. The price is a pleb filter.

Precision Boost 2 is gonna do that a whole lot better, I think, since all the TR skus are X models.

long noses started to burn themselves

Attached: 1532043536034.jpg (1032x774, 273K)

>can be air cooled
>housefire

>c-cores don't matter!

Soon intel will require water cooling as a standard...

intel made a bad bet. they were hoping to have their new 10nm process working and mass producing by now but they couldn't get it to work. their high prices could have allowed to survive, but AMD, through global foundries, got help from IBM and Samsung to produce cheap CPUs with much better specs than their previous generations, so now their CPUs are simply too cheap to compete

intel is now absolutely fucked, and they don't seem to want to abandon/renew their plans, because of all the promises and marketing bullshit they spread

That's AMDs MSRP

>AMD -still- has lower IPC than Intel

Jesus the AMD longnose shills have infested Jow Forums

That doesn't explain why the same stores stock Nvidia and Intel (and every other hardware) at within 5% of converted USD cost but for some reason everything with an AMD branding is suddenly 30% more.

You need to go back.

This article refers to the refrigerant as R-124:
anandtech.com/show/12907/we-got-a-sneak-peak-on-intels-28core-all-you-need-to-know
And this publication listing acceptable and unacceptable uses of various chemicals list R-124 ("HCFC 124") under table 7:
gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/FR-2016-12-01/pdf/2016-25167.pdf
>TABLE 7—GWP, ODP, AND VOC STATUS OF REFRIGERANTS IN NEW CENTRIFUGAL CHILLERS [1][2]
And note 2 refers to:
>[...] HCFC-124, and several blends containing HCFCs are also listed as acceptable but their use is severely restricted by the phasedown in HCFC production and consumption.

I'm not sure I should trust the word of the anandtech article, because the official website for the chiller says it uses R-134a which is apparently not banned, but still being phased out by, at the latest, 2030.
hailea.com/e-hailea/product1/HC-1000B.htm
The demonstration taking place in 2018 would be very much illegal in the EU, though:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1,1,1,2-Tetrafluoroethane
>1,1,1,2-tetrafluoroethane has been banned from use in the European Union, starting with cars in 2011 and phasing out completely by 2017.

Attached: Intel Glue Inside.jpg (377x306, 26K)

1700watt*

>>AMD -still- has lower IPC than Intel
5% less is not a lot, and even then, it's 2018 and you don't NEED a terribly fast CPU to do most tasks

how much lower? As fas as I'm concerned, Ryzen+ has like 99% of Coffee Lake's IPC.

b-but muh 240fps gayms

It’s another Shoah boys

Don't you want that 5%? So what if all your encryption keys can be leaked over the internet. Hyperthreading improves your gaming performance! You can only play as it was meant to be played on a $10k cpu goy!

I really doubt an air cooler with one 120mm fan is gonna cool 500W.

I have the 280mm Enermax AIO for Threadripper and MasterGel Maker as thermal paste. Running all cores [email protected] draws 305W and pushes temp to 80 degrees celcius (ambient is around 24 degrees). Doubt it's enough for the 500W monster

I don't know why anyone would game on a threadripper or an x299 platform.

1950x btw

>2019: ironically, when sweden is the only nation left un-cucked

>day dreaming about having 4-6 extra cores that do nothing
Core 2 duo with ddr2-667 is the ideal setup. get on my level.