Does anyone here have experience with nootropics? do they help you with learning code/math?

does anyone here have experience with nootropics? do they help you with learning code/math?

Attached: 0.jpg (880x1024, 87K)

Other urls found in this thread:

slatestarcodex.com/2016/03/01/2016-nootropics-survey-results/
youtube.com/watch?v=lkoUbr8_tZk
youtube.com/watch?v=2KDXVro4OvE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I do. Some of them are cool but generally unless you have a giant deficit nutritionally they're pretty much just for fun. L Theanine is great every couple of weeks. Semax Amidate apparently works, but I've never used it.

Yes and they're great. I'm a druggie in general and the way modafanil and caffeine gets my mind going is as fun as some recreational drugs. Jow Forums is weird about them though, either for egotistical reasons (too insecure in their intelligence) or 'anti-degeneracy reasons'

+1 for modafanil. for fun do fluro/phenibut tho

You mean GNU+tropics

Whos this qt 3.1416?

wow is that you?

yeah

I would fuck that trap and I’m not even gay

Attached: 3cf8b0791d6dd961f0c5ef04266ae8a912e01daa01a89bc1ef1ab276fe8255d9.jpg (395x401, 59K)

cute nerd

phenibut is the only reason why I got a job

yes you are

You might get more response in the /cyb/ thread.

do tell

i smoke and take amphetamines. it really helps me code. sometimes i'll think about coding on psychedelics too.

theyre hard to get in my country
only managed to get some modafinil once
modafinil was quite good, its like a super soft stim without any druggy high which is good for me because im hypersensitive to stims (even just 10mg dex can tweak me out too hard and caffeine makes me uncomfortable)

Who is she? She's gorgeous.

Modafinil and caffeine+l-theanine all day. Almost every day.

Try adding l-theanine to your caffeine intake. Seriously. It reduced my caffeine related anxiety and "tweaker" feelings almost entirely.

Or it's placebo. Well it works either way. Nootropics Depot had premade caps with both in them, easy way to measure your dosages.

>she

Where can I buy some nootropics

are these things addictive? will you stop functioning once you stop taking them?

Everything's addictive in some way. I don't think Moda has a physical addiction component, but days without it I don't enjoy as much.

Caffeine withdrawal can be a bitch. Sticking to 300mg a day every day.

do they work tho? will learning piano become easier?

>modafanil
how to buy this in canada? i googled a few times over the years but it seems troublesome to get.

Just find whatever vendor of the month is around and isn't v& yet. My last couple orders were as simple as using a debit card and shipping it to my door. Customs takes awhile to get through though.

slatestarcodex.com/2016/03/01/2016-nootropics-survey-results/

>Look at me I'm 14 and I do drugs i must be cool

that looks like a dude.

Pseudoephedrine is cheap and good

Aniracetam is pretty good for programming.

Nope. Confirmed female.

Attached: girl.png (1156x250, 89K)

racetams do nothing for me, caffeine does next to nothing for me, methylphenidate isn't mentally stimulating for me, only physically to the point where it gets uncomfortable, phenibut i don't feel at all until near 2g doses and then it's sedative, the various supposedly stimulating choline derivatives do nothing for me
haven't tried modafinil yet

Would Nicotine count as one? Not through cigs, through patches.
Also who is that cutie

Are there some that improve memory too? I can't deal with being unable to remember virtually anything I read or hear

nicotine gives me quite the boost while I program. It's way too addictive, though. I can't program anymore without it.

Neat, time to try it then. Thanks.

programming socks give a better boost

My dick will give you a better boost.

>look him up
>hes disgusting now
why couldn't he stay beautiful?
it hurts, anons

He? What? Is this fucking epitome of beauty a dude? Who are they?

Attached: 1530946000670.jpg (604x453, 29K)

Matcha green tea + coffee. L-theanine + caffeine

ritalin prevents me from panicking during exams/studying.

Only thing that really works for me is modafinil and coffee.

I have issues catching enough sleep sometimes and modafinil is great in taking the blurriness of being tired away. It is a wonder drug for me.
Also tried Armodafinil which is more bioavailable and works longer but that just feeds into my sleep issues again.

No noticeable effect of other noots such as racetams or ltheanine.

Got a lifelong tinnitus after taking modafinil 3 years ago. Would not take again

underrated

Attached: 1527782967604.jpg (612x612, 36K)

It's not exactly a nootropic but, ramping up methylation with methylfolate and methylcobalamin helped me a lot. I have lots of energy through the day now and can focus on tasks without getting distracted. I used to suffer some sort of ADHD before this.

I wouldn't be me without modafinil.

I call bs. Not a known side effect. Sure you didn't just get acute noise damage?

What was the dosage over that period and at the time of tinnitus?

reminders that nerds don't do their hair or put makeup or wear trend clothes

Don’t fucking take ADHD medication
Especially adderall
It completely fucks your brain, to the point where you can’t function without it ADHD sped dickheads who think theyre smart but have to take 20 mg of amphetamines just to sit still in class, can honestly go fuck themselves

Here are my experiences with "nootropics" and traditional stimulants
>Nootropics
I took Noopept for a month for a Linear Algebra course I was taking. I did notice that I had more of an introspective way of thinking but it wouldnt do anything for physical attention. I also take klonopin so it probably did numbers on that too. Overall I liked it but I think it works better when taken with caffeine although I never did that

Caffeine is the most powerful Nootropic when it comes to increasing how well you can actually think. Most of the best ideas I've had have come from mainly caffeine but also vyvanse/adderall. Although my test scores are way better when I take caffeine as opposed to if i I take adderall/vyvanse. Caffeine also gives me an immense physical rush and if I take klonopin it'll make me feel like I'm speedballing.

The only real drawbacks of caffeine is that it suppresses your apptetite moreso than adderall or vyvanse do and it also doesn't interact with benzos so you cant take it past like 6pm and expect to have a benzo knock you out. This is particularly bad because it burns through your energy faster than adderall does. It also makes you extremely sweaty, and if you take it too much you'll gain a dependence on it and then if you dont take it for two days youll get a migraine that lasts a day and doesnt go away unless you take caffeine again.
Apart from that caffeine is fucking great

>Acid Microdosing
This isn't really a nootropic but I still like to teat it as one. Microdosing acid gives you the same introspective feeling that you get from noopept and sort of the same physical feeling on noopept if you take a low dose of something like 15-20ug. The problem is that since it's a regulated substance, you never know how strong your acid is unless you get it from a trusted source. Good thing though is that it's water soluble so you can dose it properly by diluting it into a water bottle

>Traditional Stimulants:

>Vyvanse
I took vyvanse 40mg for 3 years, it helped me with getting a fuckload of stuff done within 14 hours but it came at the cost of being completely socially dysfunctional. Also when it would get to the 9 hour part I'd basically be brain dead but still retain retarded focus. The first 3 hours of it made me feel extremely coked up (but i think it was because id empty the pill contents onto a spoon and eat that since i cant swalow pills)
I think for the first year i basically felt like i could do anything and was unstoppable. It was a good experience, but not something I'd do again. It also suppressed your appetite which is bad because if you dont have food in you then it makes it harder to think and in turn problem solve, so you have to force yourself to eat. You also become really talkative and bother the shit out of your friends, and you tend to overlook a lot of simple problems in your code and I think it somewhat lowers cognition a bit if you don't eat beforehand, as it definitely relies a lot on having the energy to do stuff. It's very taxing and at the peak of my usage I weighed 97 lbs (im 5'10). It also stunts your growth but it's temporary and will start again if you stop taking it. It's definitely not something you want to take all day

>Adderall IR generic
Im currently prescribed adderall ir 5mg (i asked for a low dose) but i end up taking probably 30-32.5mg in a day which is probably not good. It helps me get a lot of stuff done but it really makes me want to JUST program or do math, and nothing else. I'd love it if I didn't have other shit to do all day. They make these generics of adderall which are really weird in that they don't make you feel as coked up anymore like how vyvanse did for me. It's very subtle, you get sort of a bit of physical drive, but for the most part it's mainly just focus. It is nice because it really only lasts like 3 hours so youre not fucked if you need to do something else

The best nootropic is cardio or lifting weights.
Long term drug use makes you dependent just to fuction a fraction as well as you originally did.
Managing stress is of prime importance if you want to keep your mind from deteriorating, drugs or not (i assume stress is what is driving you to ask)
The stress hormone cortisol os known to alter the expression of your genes. Over a period of time the effect it has on your psyche is tremendous, which goes double if as an adolescent your brain has not fully matured.
Any procrastinator knows theres no denying stress is great for increasing your ability to think for short bursts, but the damage isnt work it.
Get plenty of sleep, avoid addictions and timesinks like Jow Forums, try making real friends.
Don't cause yourself permanent damage for transient benefits.

drugs aren't bad opee. you just have to diversify your sources of euphoria/motivation.
>cardio/lift
>caffeine
>nicotine
>modafinal
>adderall
>ritalin
>weed
>alcohol
>etc
many things, in moderation

that's a dude

did zucc write this?

you guys are tards.
nootropics don't exist.
you're just using amphetimines.

>nootropics
good goyim

Attached: adb.png (377x392, 68K)

This, what a low effort "hurrr I'm not a junkie, I just use them for teh mathz"

This thread's theme song: youtube.com/watch?v=lkoUbr8_tZk

5g creatine
1g taurine
5g inositol
5g citruline d-malate 2:1
2g beta alanine
2g magnesium citrate
1 tblspn caprylic acid

went full supplement retard a while back

That's bullshit. I've been taking 25mg Adderall XR for 2 years now and can go off it anytime. The only difference is I will be a bit more tired than usual, which should be expected after reducing stimulant intake. You get used to it after a few days.

youtube.com/watch?v=2KDXVro4OvE

all u need rh

The truth

THOT
BEGONE