Old GPU melts, r9 390

>old GPU melts, r9 390
>send it back to AMD, they send me back an RX 580
>monitor loses signal when playing warframe and only comes back when I restart my PC
>Notice fans aren't spinning
>realize I never checked if my fans were spinning on old GPU
>mfw when I realized the glowing "FAN STOP" on my new and old GPUs meant the fan was stopped and it wasn't a button to manually stop the fans
>old GPU never once had the fans running
>open drivers
>no fan speed options
>update drivers
>spend 30 minutes changing versions, uninstalling and reinstalling
>get adrenalin 18.51
>google how to control fan speeds
>use overdrive
>no overdrive option
>have something called wattman
>change fan speeds with wattman, nothing happens
>google problem, all the "solutions" are people saying they sent back their GPU and bought an Nvidia card
>install afterburner and fans finally spin up

Attached: 1531784933699.png (368x368, 140K)

Other urls found in this thread:

community.amd.com/thread/225123
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>post this thread and launch ESO
>no signal again, same problem
Thanks AMD

>based R9 390 works for God knows how long, without fans, despite users incompetence
>user is somehow mad about this

R9 series truly were the best cards...

Wish AMD would make another 290x, literally one of their best

Nvidia/Intel shills in full damage control!

This, the thing it's still a beast, not as timeless as the 7970 though

use speedfan, just works

The Intel shills are really having a meltdown right now. They're a spectre of their former selves.

Have to give the Nvidia shills credit though. They're really on fire!

Attached: carlos.jpg (600x600, 34K)

Carrrrloooos

Don't the fans turn off and on depending on load? I doubt your 390 was running with out a fan, otherwise you'd have horrible perform from throttling.
My 580x has never skipped a beat, there must be something wrong with your system :^)

>mfw afterburner always downclocks my r9 280x by 100 mhz when it's installed

>no fan option

you are either blind or you system in general is fucked up beyond recognision

7950/70 and 290/x were the 2500/700k of gpus desu

you didn't put your grasses on, user,

i think your psu needs to be upgraded user

It's a brand fuckin new 750w gold rated PSU though, had a problem with a PSU before where it would lose signal and come back intermittently but this time it will lose signal and the sound will hang until I restart my PC manually

Reinstall your os. Sounds like it's borked and you have bunch of crap on there

>not DDU before installing new GPU and latest drivers
You fucked up. You always DDU for both AMD and nVidia.

>66935961
how did you even stop the fans permanently
how can you be so stupid

except that the 7950 cant really keep up at 1080p anymore
1024*1280 is still gud

Plug the 6-pin connector into the card.

Fans are supposed to be off at idle.

Maybe try reinstalling your pirated windows user.

community.amd.com/thread/225123

>Sometimes being too aggressive in removal and in resetting defaults can be bad too! The simple fact is that defaults change. Your OS could have been updated and if the uninstall sets things back to the way it found it, it could cause an issue. Most uninstallers probably could do better, but they choose caution over completeness. Most people that run DDU understand they are using an aggressive, brute force method, therefore accept the consequences. No one way of doing things ever really works 100% of the time, in all cases. Even DDU leave registry orphans behind, so I run ccleaner to clean up the registry afterwords. It's always good to have options! AMD just needs to concentrate on function and stability over new features. Their card partners need to start getting bios updates out that fix their power issues.

There's another option to just delete everything manually. Just be sure you don't own an AMD cpu with an AMD gpu.

If i assume correctly that you have gigabyte card judging by the fan stop, it's gigabyte fault that your fans aren't spinning. It forcibly stops them if your card colder than 60C(or something like that). Wattman setting will be applied when your card are hotter than 60C and fans starts to spin. And i bet, driver was crashing during warframe because you haven't updated it from when you bought 390 judging by how you were looking for a fucking overdrive which wasn't a thing for a year. To put it simply: t. retard.

You deserve this for buying the amd housefire instead of the gtx 970

This looks like repair ticket notes one of our guys would write.

My favorite was
>user reported grinding noises coming from laptop
>upon further inspection, discovered user apparently used device as a plate for his Italian grinder
>sandwich dressing appears to have bridged a connection somewhere on the motherboard, and leaked into HDD, causing HDD to occasionally stick.
>corrected diagnosis to "grinder noises" and recommended user purchase new device, and flatware