Anyone else purposely choosing to stick to an outdated version of Android despite having the ability to upgrade?

Anyone else purposely choosing to stick to an outdated version of Android despite having the ability to upgrade?

I'm still on Marshmallow on my Nexus 5X because it's comfy and I hate N and O.

Attached: tmp_22120-android_marshmallow_6.0-408175270.gif (800x600, 146K)

>not still using Froyo

pleb

I agree Mashmallow was peak comfy but Nougat is kinda nice once you get used to it. Haven't seen any reason to get Oreo.

I personally think Lollipop was better.

Android 4.4.4 was the epitome of the operating system, it was fast, it was lean, it got the damned job done properly.

Oh the good old days...

I agree, wish I could go back.
Material design was a mistake.

What's there to hate about N and O? The changes in P kind of suck, but I don't remember having any issues with those OSes

Very fast. Easily the smoothest OS I've installed on my old Galaxy S (yes, the original) since Gingerbread.

Why would you do this? Android is not like a desktop OS where even old versions continue to receive security updates.

Don't see any reason to not update to Oreo, it's Nougat but better

I use my phone to make calls, text and browse the web.
As long as my web browser is updated, and my phone is blocking like 99% of malware sites and I don't visit or download weird shit I think I'm fine.

I really don't like the way they look and all the bloat and granularity of the notifications menu, too much to deal with.

Disgusting white navigation bar.

You can customize it if you're on a custom ROM or not use one at all.

Attached: Screenshot_Clover_dev_20180729-190220.png (1080x1920, 216K)

I haven't updated simply because I'll have to install a new ROM in my xiaomi phone, and I'm too lazy for that shit

I've pretty much noticed no difference between 6.0, 7.0, 8.0 and 9.0. Everything has been mostly the same across all versions battery life and performance wise.

Everything has just been good after 6.0.

>tfw custom ROM with global dark theme

Should just be turned off and gestures used instead, they're 13683x better, navbars are a waste of screen space

I have a Galaxy S4, from Sprint. The last time someone took it in, they were jerked around on saying it couldn't be provider unlocked. I downloaded a custom maybe 4.2.2 modem file, change some debug settings, and have been using it on T-Mobile ever since (Straight Talk). Upgrading to Android 5 fucks the modem stuff over, so I have to stay on 4.2.2
>use the AT&T sim, couldn't get data
>calling tech support on the phone
>sir, you can't use that phone on the network
>I AM LITERALLY TALKING TO YOU ON THE NETWORK
>sir, you can't use that phone on the network

Only reason I want to upgrade from it is the GPS has been shit the whole time. Front facing came stopped working, but it was trash. At most I lost Skype/whatever use.

Attached: 3c0f7c94ba30f2ac69ff934ce7712df568534c40bec26a53982c24989d5dca3a_1.jpg (793x664, 54K)

APN settings.

There's absolutely no reason to hate N since it's just M but improved.

Everything is round, new material design sucks.

Google adds more shitware with each update it becomes less open and more sjw GUI design bulltits

>android
>updates
Pick one