Why are unintelligent people so scared of goto?

Why are unintelligent people so scared of goto?

Attached: 268zj7.jpg (645x729, 26K)

Why are you so scared of getting a iife?

loops are sign of autism

goto bed

I would call it scared. They just heard those 3 word title without further context and parrot it on every occasion.

Kek'd

Because people who aren't cautious will start putting gotos everywhere.

Oldfag here. Funny to see the young kids questioning all the good practices that took us several decades of trial and error with COBOL and FORTRAN to perfect. I look forward to tell you "I told you so".

>stupid people will do stupid things
More at 11.

>I was born knowing everything there is to know
Good for you.

Attached: 1456528451383.png (162x200, 59K)

daily reminder goto is the best way to handle faults in a function.
inb4 some pajeet comes at me with Java/C# SEH implemented exceptions, i'll break your legs

youngfag (25) here; switch/goto for error handling in functions is infinitely cleaner and easier to read than a huge block of if/else

I use goto for breaking out of deep loops. Can someone suggest a better way?

Attached: 1513701578504.jpg (437x471, 48K)

try not to get yourself into deep loops. do you mean deep like nesting or just length?

what is the Right Way for error handling in C? just check all function returns or using signals?

Nesting. Two, max three levels deep. I thought about setting all the iterator variables to a value that forces them to terminate but that seemed even worse.

in most languages you can use continue and break statements to manipulate loop iterations somewhat cleanly. goto in that situation makes it a little harder to follow the execution path. break does pretty much exactly what you want

most people would tell you to use a flag just to avoid goto. nested loops are kind of niggerlicious in the first place though

labels + breaks?

>the functional virgin
>must be pure
>can't implement Quicksort

>the Chad goto
>goes literally anywhere he wants
>requires IQ 150+ to follow