JAVASCRIPT

JAVASCRIPT
EVERYWHERE
github.com/ncsoft/Unreal.js/

Attached: 1516101136661.png (500x455, 60K)

Fucking why?

I object this as part of the reality that surrounds me.

It's true, it's happening and it's shit.

That's disgusting.

That's pretty disgusting desu

Can someone tell me why a browser based coding/scripting language needs to be in a dedicated AAA game engine meant for high profile 3D games

Because webdevs

I hope some madman AAA dev implements this in their next massively multiplayer game.

Javascript inherently has nothing to do with browser coding. You associate it with browsers because that is where it's commonly used but as a language there is no reason why it can't be used other places. It is a valid programming language after all at its core.

When it comes to games it's no secret most of them use scripting to do a lot of stuff. Why isn't JS allowed to be one of the options? Ultimately it comes down to

a) Does it have a good fast compiler/interpreter backing it? In the case of JS, yeah it does now a days thanks to Google. I wouldn't be surprised if it's far better than Lua or any other attempt to integrate another language in for scripting.

b) Are you going to find people who can easily pick it up and use it? Yeah, you will since it's not that niche of a thing anymore like it was back in the early web days.

Javascript > Phyton

Fucking gooks

How is supporting scripts written in JS any different from supporting Lua or Python scripts? Hell, it's a step up from the horrible domain-specific scripting languages you find everywhere.

based streetshitter

this

Javascript developer here.

Suck my ass bitches.
My community > your community.

Well, for starters javascript isn't a scripting language.

What was that quote?
Anything that can be written in Javascript WILL be written in javascript?

Feels good to not be a brainlet, working with javascript is just easy.

based rajesh

>Well, for starters javascript isn't a scripting language.
>javascript
>isn't a scripting language.

n*gga what? JS is partially pre-compiled by some engines, but at the core it is indeed a scripting language

Anything that can be coded in JavaScript, will eventually be coded in JavaScript.

-Jeff Atwood

>interpreted means scripting

>javascript
>script
u wot m8?

>I wouldn't be surprised if it's far better than Lua
It's not even close. Ok, I'd say js is a better language than lua, but the point of lua is that it is fast and light as fuck and there's no real competitor for it as far as I know.

the web is reaching out and everything it touches becomes grey goo

why? can they seriously not be bothered to put some effort in and learn something aside from webshit?

i know this is bait but maybe you should actually look at your "community"

>eczemascript
>disgusting
No shit, Sherlock