Mkg

mkg
last mkg

Attached: mkg.png (10000x10000, 388K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/33S1gVkG
pastebin.com/8Yku80VL
pastebin.com/M5w7QtKp
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1nl3D0wIqf3tU43bu0mc0LSkxeh2CxGrchr_OViEjZ4c/htmlview
massdrop.com/
deskthority.net/wiki/Main_Page
keypuller.com
web.archive.org/web/20161101152119/http://keypuller.com/)
github.com/qmk/qmk_firmware/tree/master/keyboards/tada68
deskthority.net/wiki/Gateron_KS-3_series
mechanicalkeyboards.com/search.php?keyword=&brand=1&switch=155&size=1&led=&capmat=&capprint=&model=&availability=in_stock_pre&show_kb=off&show_kb=on&show_acc=off
mechanicalkeyboards.com/search.php?keyword=&brand=48&switch=155&size=&led=&capmat=&capprint=&model=&availability=in_stock_pre&show_kb=off&show_kb=on&show_acc=off
massdrop.com/buy/gen-s-vikings-resin-artisan-keycap?mode=guest_open
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>tfw no after-market option for the Tada68 snow white case

quality OP

hey if you don't like it make your own thread
i don't care if you do

lmao

That's the spirit

>buy pingmaster
>usps wastes a week shipping it around the us
>it hasn't even gotten to an international airport yet
wtf are they doing

>Buyer's template:
pastebin.com/33S1gVkG (embed) (embed)
>Where to Buy:
pastebin.com/8Yku80VL (embed) (embed)
>FAQs:
pastebin.com/M5w7QtKp (embed) (embed)
>Use the buyer's template
pastebin.com/33S1gVkG (embed) (embed)
>Group Buys
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1nl3D0wIqf3tU43bu0mc0LSkxeh2CxGrchr_OViEjZ4c/htmlview
massdrop.com/
>Keyboard wiki
deskthority.net/wiki/Main_Page
>Keyset wiki
keypuller.com (web.archive.org/web/20161101152119/http://keypuller.com/)

>(embed) (embed)
Top quality thread

>tfw typing on cherry mx switches

Attached: 1532912534462.jpg (640x480, 52K)

>tfw typing on topre switches

Attached: how-to-unblock-a-toilet-575x382.jpg (575x382, 42K)

tfw posting in mkg mkg

Attached: bla.jpg (2000x1333, 964K)

DED thread
ded memes

Does anyone have any experience flashing qmk onto the tada68? The bin files that I'm producing are 8.0mb, which is just too big for the Tada, apparently. What am I doing wrong?

Shouldn't it be a .hex file that you flash to the controller?

github.com/qmk/qmk_firmware/tree/master/keyboards/tada68

Nothing about that here, which is what I'm following. The build only produces a .bin file.

Nevermind, I think it's something wrong (or something wrong I was doing) on Arch. I ssh'd into my Windows and built it with the Subsystem and it produced an appropriately sized .bin file.

Attached: Untitled.jpg (1600x900, 268K)

I want sushi

>value: 10CAD
Based Canadian chinks. I really didn't expect that desu

Some thoughts:
>tealios are a complete meme, gateron yellow is, if not better, at least just as good
>I was surprised to be actually able to distinguish 65g and 67g zealios blind, but they're seriously extremely similar
>I forgot to order 62g for some fucking reason

I also got some Aristotles, and hey, they're actually pretty good. Gatistotles are alright but not really worth the hassle, but 65g zealistotles are actually more tactile than cherry blues, which are already more tactile than even clickbar switches with the exception of thick clicks.
But there's something else I want to talk about. You see, I decided to combine the two very tactile switches together, and made a cherrystotle. Except it didn't work, because the aristotle stem introduced a lot of upstroke tactility, and the cherry blue spring simply wasn't strong enough to consistently bring it back up. So I grabbed some zealios since that's what was around: the 65g spring helped but wasn't enough; then I tried the 67g spring - and it worked.
The chealistotle abomination I ended up with is, in fact, stunningly nice. I half expected it to feel like shit, but actually, the result is very tactile (more than 67g zealios or cherry clears, about on the level of a hako true royal, less than a box royal true or the thick clicks), yet not too heavy; the click is much lower and less irritating than the thin clickbars', and actually comparable to jades except a little bit higher pitched and obviously quieter (thick clicks are LOUD), and overall quite satisfying.

Attached: 1532967232914.jpg (4032x2268, 1.24M)

(cont.)
In other words, it's superior to pretty much every other MX clicky switch I've tried except for the box thick clicks; I haven't tried Alps, but I do have some Matias clickies and they're also less tactile. For a click jacket switch, I'm very thoroughly impressed. Oh, and it's got barely have any wobble at all - less than a cherry blue or a zealio, maybe about as much as a box switch at most.

They're basically a slightly less stiff version of Jades - and I honestly can't tell which one I prefer; I'd really need a full board of each to make a decision.

Anyway, how often/cheap can aristotles be bought? Is it worth buying more off Zeal right now while they have a bunch in stock, if I don't plant to use them for a few more months, or will there likely be cheaper ways to get them in the meantime?

low tier thread for sure

Attached: IMG_20171219_171811_HHT.jpg (4000x3000, 2.26M)

aristotles are an expensive meme, but if you like them then go ahead

wait I thought aristotles didn't use a click jacket and that's why people liked them

Literally cheaper than zealios, and that's buying direct from Zeal "I Made Cherry Clears But Gateron And Charge $1 Per Switch" PC. That's why I was asking whether they tend to pop up for cheaper, or whether I should grab a bunch from there.

well you'd have to salvage them from another board so take a look and see if the cost and time of buying a keyboard and desoldering it will end up cheaper then zeal

It's a click jacket but the shape is really autistic and that's why they're completely unlike other cherry clones. It also feels like shit stock, because their click leaf is also extremely autistic (and so is the spring, in fact), but it just so happens that the aristotle jacket with the normal cherry leaf combine to give a surprisingly good switch.

I don't know what their history is but they look like someone tried to copy a cherry blue just based on a vague description of the internals, without having ever seen one himself. That would explain why they're so unusual.

What boards do they come in?

check the keyboard wiki

which shipping method did you choose and how long did it take?

I took standard or whatever it's called, which was the cheapest and cost $10, and it took 5 days. Chinks spoiled me, I hate paying for shipping and I'm happy to wait a few weeks, but I was very pleasantly surprised by the lack of import taxes.

Just realized also that zeal is claiming to sell new old stock, so I might just take his ones as opposed to salvaging dirty stuff.

On a related note, is it possible to buy zealio springs anywhere?

>found some pretty affordable aristotles
>nobody sells zealio springs
Seriously, it's a well-known fact by now that the fancy springs that have a steeper curve are widely liked. Zealios have been around for ages, and the hako switches are known for their great springs (hence the hako royals and other frankenswitches popping up very quickly). Why does nobody make third-party ones yet? Or did I just not look hard enough?

There are the sprit springs you can get off mechanicalkeyboards.com, but then you'd be giving money to a scammer.

just get that geekhack scammers springs

90% sure they're just normal cherry style springs with the typical flat force curve.
I'm looking for the differently coiled type that's much lighter at the top but heavier to bottom out, similar to gateron yellows, zealios, etc.

Pretty sure those springs have the normal slope to them. Something that's light at top and heavy at the bottom just sounds like an mx clear spring.

Attached: ZealPC Zealiostotles R4 67g .png (1758x1248, 105K)

I know gat yellow definitely have a steeper force curve, it's their distinguishing feature from blacks (since the bottom out weight is identical). The same goes for hako trues vs box navy - I'm fairly certain they bottom out almost the same, but hakos have a lighter actuation (at least that's what it seemed to me when I compared a royal navy with a royal true). There aren't any direct correspondences for zealios (at least not that I've tried), but they're advertised as being that way we well.

I think you've fallen for the memes m8. get yellows have a heavier spring then gat blacks. their slops are identical, it's just that yellows are heavier

They're both rated at 50g. Maybe it's placebo effect due to me believing the advertised value, but they genuinely feel lighter to actuate to me.

I made a stupid mistake I meant to say blacks have a heavier spring, not yellows. Also are you sure they both say 50? Since everywhere I look I see that blacks are 10g heavier then yellows

I'm looking at deskthority.net/wiki/Gateron_KS-3_series
I've also heard it elsewhere, but now making a search, I'm seeing that people are claiming the opposite - that blacks are harder to bottom out, while yellows have a more linear curve.

I don't know what to think anymore

Guys we have data on all these switches. Maybe we should put it in the OP so people stop making shit up

Attached: Gat linears.png (1566x564, 74K)

>Budget
~200 dollars, but as long the board is of great quality it doesnt matter if more/less is needed
>Location (continent at least)
USA
>Preferred switch type
I don't know much about them but from what I've read probably Cherry MX Silver. Primary use would be for gaming and quick double/triple taps would be great. If there are other switches that have the same performance that is cool with me too.
>Layout
ANSI
>Form factor
100 or 80 is fine with me, leaning more towards 80
>Backlight
Nice but not needed
>Previous/current keyboards
The one I use is on a crappy laptop so this would be my first MK

I'm not really sure how to gauge quality when it comes to keyboards yet, so any pointers for doing that would be appreciated. Thanks again

What causes that non-linearity on the upstroke?

Pick the color you like
mechanicalkeyboards.com/search.php?keyword=&brand=1&switch=155&size=1&led=&capmat=&capprint=&model=&availability=in_stock_pre&show_kb=off&show_kb=on&show_acc=off
There are also full size versions of the same keyboards

Yeah but I'm too lazy to look it up

Anyway fuck springs, this is retarded and the specs are retarded and the wiki is retarded. Best thing is it's not possible to even get this data about zealio or hako springs unless we get the guy to put in a linear stem to measure it.

Ah I feel like an idiot I've been using that site for a bit but I thought there was only one type of search allowed. The advanced search option makes things easier

Can you explain why Ducky? I don't know anything when it comes to brands. Are there other brands you would recommend as well?

don't tealios use the same springs?
also aren't zealio springs just the same as gaterons since these look almost identical to gat blacks

Attached: teal force curve.png (760x545, 47K)

memeios are made by gateron, so it only make sense that they'd use the same springs as other gaterons.

Ducky is a solid 8/10 brand with good build quality, plenty of features and loads of switch options. Now personally I'd go with Leopold since those have the best build quality of any modern keyboard, but they don't come with silvers. If you want silvers Ducky is the best brand that uses those switches.
There's also Varmilo which are just rebranded Ducky keyboards
mechanicalkeyboards.com/search.php?keyword=&brand=48&switch=155&size=&led=&capmat=&capprint=&model=&availability=in_stock_pre&show_kb=off&show_kb=on&show_acc=off

then if they use the same springs can't you just buy the gaterons springs

Cool, thanks for the help man

Ok so
>yellows
I was RIGHT. Well, partially. They do have a non-linear force curve, that ramps up as you go down. (Don't know if reds are the same, though). But fuck deskthority for telling me it's the same weight as a black.
>zeal
Unless they use a different spring on tealios for some reason, looks like it's a boring straight line and I can safely but sprit springs.

This is retarded.

Send gateron an email asking to buy the springs alone :^)

that force curve looks pretty linear, you also have to take into account the small margin of error but it looks like its and extra 5gf per mm

just bought a ducky one and...

>jesus fucking christ the printing on these keys and backlighting suck ass

Is it really that bad? Any pics?

the way they made the caps sucks ass

little black lines behind the keys where they did the doubleshot process.

Attached: fug.jpg (1218x1184, 713K)

Ouch

That's what happens when you get doubleshot PBT. Should've gotten the ABS ones instead

how 2 iso-nor with QMK?

I wasn't aware I could get it in ABS, all the options I saw was PBT

That's done at the OS level. There are no scancodes corresponding to the accented keys.

Or you can try using the Unicode support. Personally I'd be wary of that, but maybe I'm just a boomer. Still, every OS these days has good support for European layouts with minimal hassle.

I got my Pingmaster in three days, now I'm waiting on my teensy from gooklandia

trust me, it's worth the wait. The feel of the keys is orgasmic and this keyboard is going to be my new main keyboard.

Just finished replacing the Outemu blues on my Zhuque with box Navys. Just waiting on my dye sub pbt caps to pass customs, now.

Attached: IMG_20180730_184329.jpg (4608x3456, 3.41M)

So someone suggested using a metal keycap on box switches to slim the stem slightly, so as not to crack keycaps. Worth a shot if you have any box switches.

Attached: QgMdgUS.jpg (4608x2592, 706K)

Or just use pbt

You should also replace those stabs.
they suck ass

Sure, but wouldn't you just end up stretching (instead of cracking) the stems of PBT caps?

but then it stretches and I can't use them on the fixed box royals I want to get

The 'fixed' switches are still going to have an x-axis of 1.30mm +/- 0.02mm (instead of 1.32mm +/-). Take it with a grain of salt of course, but I measured a few of the box royals I bought weeks ago and they're all within that 'fixed' spec.

So? Not like the caps are going anywhere.

I have a non-hotswap HCman board from when I started getting into this stuff with identical stabilizers and they're totally fine, even by my "$200 for a keyboard is nothing" standards.

the fixed switches aren't even out yet

Those stabs aren't fine they suck ass, also I don't know why you brought up that chink shit board like it's supposed to mean anything

The HCman is considered one of the best starter boards, mate, and is made by the same people who designed the Zhuque. In any case, I've had no issues with the stabs, they're not scratchy and don't ruin the feel of the keys, so whatever.

anybody have bad experiences with kbdfans' free shipping option?

Yes, but that spec is what someone speaking for novelkeys mentioned.

Hey mate, that keyboard is just a rebranded goate OEM board and you can get the parts for it all over tao-bao and alibaba. I don't know why you've been shilling that specific model even though there are several others that share the same parts like all the Qisan and Vis keyboards. You sound exactly like that Magicforce shill that got banned last year, you may even be the same person. Those stabs are crap, I know since I replaced them and the typing experience changed dramatically. If you don't believe me you can go to deskthority, geekhack, and even reddit and see what they type. There are plenty of started keyboards that get recommended here from Red dragon, Magicforce, Tomoko, and E-element and they're fine, but don't go around pretending they're great. For all I know you might be a shill and I'm just giving you more (You)s

Nope, shit always comes to me very fast from them even with the free shipping option in my experience

I don't know exactly what it is that makes you so heated over this, I'm not shilling shit. I said that I had that board and had no trouble with stabilizers, nothing about the actual quality. I never said it was somehow different from the many other boards that are identical under another branding. All I said was that I've used the stabs and had no problem personally.

Furthermore, I never said the old board I had was great by any means. The switches were okay at best, but that's what you get at the sub-$40 price range.

TL;DR I'm not shilling shit and literally stated an opinion.

Well I track shill posts on Jow Forums because I hate shills. So far only you have been consistently mentioning hcman, and your posts are very similar to the ac gam shills. Now you could just be a stupid person that regurgitates market bs, but I'd like to think you're just a bad shill.

>I track shill posts on Jow Forums

Wow, impressive. Girls must be all over you. Do you get paid?

Attached: 1510786253032.jpg (396x385, 31K)

He's a valued member of the community. Fuck off, frogposter

>missed the ooga booga keycaps
FUCK
The one artisan I actually would have bought

not gonna lie some of these hcman posts are pretty funny. It doesn't look like a shill to me, just some autist seeking validation for his purchase

Attached: shills.png (1878x4054, 417K)

>hcman shill is Canadian
That doesn't surprise me, though these shitposts are pretty funny

Attached: 20180730_204951.png (1037x597, 131K)

i wonder if he's also the bloody shill

He is able to form coherent sentences, so probably not, unless he's intentionally assuming different typing styles to shill different products (which, while possible, is rather unlikely).

the wut?

massdrop.com/buy/gen-s-vikings-resin-artisan-keycap?mode=guest_open

>no red lips on the black model
Missed opportunity.

sõyboard

>people are outraged over a molded piece of plastic
the people complaining about racism end up being the racists. it looks nothing like blackface

>Ducky PBT keycaps
Man, these feel wonderful. Only downside is that the lighting doesn't shine through them as well.

Are there any larger kits (75% or 90%, preferable) that support split spacebar that I can buy right now?

KBD75 supports split spacebar and is 75%

Input Club's K-Type with Zilent 62g switches with the lovely DSA Coffeehouse caps. Not the most elegant equipment, but it feels incredible .

Attached: IMG_20180730_164657717.jpg (4032x3024, 3.34M)

are the stabilizers bad on that

Attached: tiny size keyboard.jpg (1600x900, 750K)

> it looks nothing like blackface
Actually it looks exactly like blackface. I'm the first to be mad that they took it down but I can definitely see why people were complaining.

ded