pcpartpicker.com/
>Learn how to build a PC
Search youtube for a build guide for your socket
>How to install Win7 on new CPUs
pastebin.com/TUZvnmy1

Want help?
>State the budget & CURRENCY for your build
>List your uses - e.g. Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors, include purpose (e.g. photo editing, gaming) and graphics card pairing (if applicable)
>Don't use Speccy, you retard. Use HWinfo, SIV, etc.

Overclocking
>Use PBO on Ryzen. Legacy overclocking is defunct on Ryzen 2#00X CPUs. youtube.com/watch?v=FC3fsVk9Sss

CPUs
>R3 2200G - Bare minimum gaming (dGPU optional)
>R5 2400G - Consider IF on sale
>R5 2600/X - Good gaming & multithreaded work use CPUs
>i7-8700K - Best for 1080p gaming, but most expensive when factoring in delid, high-end cooler, etc.
>R7 2700/X - Best high-end gaming/mixed usage on a non-HEDT platform
>Threadripper/Used Xeon - HEDT

Motherboards
>Only Z300 series Intel boards can utilize fast memory

RAM
>8GB - Enough for most gaming use
>16GB - Standard for heavy use
>32GB - If you have to ask, you don't need this much
>Current CPUs benefit from fast RAM; 2933MHz+ is ideal

Graphics cards
1080p
>RX 570/580 /w Freesync or 1060 6GB are standard 1080p 60fps+ options
>1050Ti or RX560 for lower settings 1080p, or older games
>GTX 1070Ti/Vega 56 if seeking higher fps & you have a CPU + monitor to match
1440p
>Vega 56 /w Freesync, 1070Ti if you already have Gsync
>GTX 1080Ti if seeking higher fps & you have a CPU + monitor to match
2160p(4K)
>Titan V
OpenCL work
>Vega 64

Storage
>Consider StoreMi
>Consider getting a larger SSD (better GB/$) instead of small SSD & large HDD
>2TB HDDs are barely more $ than 1TB
>M.2 is a form factor, NOT a performance standard

Monitors
>Always consider FreeSync with AMD cards
>Lock to 72fps on 144hz non-Gsync monitors with Nvidia cards to prevent tearing on more demanding games
>PLAN YOUR BUILD AROUND YOUR MONITOR IF GAMING

Previous:

Attached: 32962cb84912d857cb00b25f5f4d429d6b418dad.jpg (4000x2250, 728K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/list/NHGPgw
youtu.be/Yy6aRlzCVJk
pcpartpicker.com/list/6GJyq4
displayspecifications.com/en/comparison/a2a21e172
youtube.com/watch?v=F8bFWk61KWA
youtube.com/watch?v=hjWSRTYV8e0
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813144177
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813144188
amazon.com/XFX-Radeon-1386MHz-Graphics-RX-580P8DFD6/dp/B06Y66K3XD
pcpartpicker.com/list/s3n6q4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Only incels argue about Intel vs AMD

VIA is best.

Why lock to 72fps if I have a 144hz non-gsync monitor? I can maintain usually 120fps in games with my 8086k and 1080ti

(1080p kek)

Will 5400rpm make a noticable difference as a gaming drive compared to 7200rpm on a low-end (R2200G based) build?
Also, do any of you know how repacked usually games work on external/swapped secondary drives? Can you just take a drive with a game from one PC then stick it in the next one while also successfully moving save files?

Attached: 1516147212540.jpg (1846x2048, 717K)

It's a load of crap for the most part. As long as you're hitting well over 100fps you'll be fine.
>my 8086k
So you're the clown who bought this marketing excersice in wank.

with a 5400rpm drive you're gonna have much slower load times. i have a 5400rpm drive in my laptop and even my pictures are slow to load.

Yes I am that idiot.. currently sitting at 4.8ghz with temps around 75c under load.. too scared to delid

pcpartpicker.com/list/NHGPgw

just for gaming and video editing. no real interest in overclocking or any of that stuff

75* is reasonable. no point in voiding the warranty if you're hitting acceptable temperatures.

Anybody?

Longer loading times by a pretty noticable margin..

I used to play battlefield 4 on a 5200rpm drive and it would legit take me about 4.5 minutes to load into the map.. with the 7200rpm drive about 2.5 mins and with a ssd about a minute

I have an 5400rpm drive but it's brand new, 180mb/s read seems fast to me, it will get slower when it fills though. Honestly on PC it doesn't matter much since you can alt tab and just do something else.

I also tested playing cemu to see if it affects performance rather than just load times on my SSD vs the HDD, but it's the same. This probably only affects very large games

So what is the point of having a monitor higher than 60hz? What is the difference between 60, 144 or 240?

I'm about to pull the trigger on pic related. I'll use it for 3D/VFX work and vidya.

Any objections to this being the optimal build for the price range?

Attached: PC BUILD1.png (906x927, 244K)

RX 550?

What would be the highest preforming combination of cpu, cooling, motherboard, ram, and wlan adapter for around 500USD?

Literally worse than a gddr5 gt 1030

You should get a more premium PSU rather than spending it all on meme coolers.

Also where's the price range you retard? Maybe you could afford a threadripper at that price point

2200G gpu is equal to a RX 550 if OCed to 1500mhz or higher

There is no point for GPUs below a RX 560 or 1050 to exist

New monthly builds when?

youtu.be/Yy6aRlzCVJk

Attached: 1532796955000.png (794x517, 782K)

Just get rid of the rgb.

Build so far

Thoughts?

>There is no point for GPUs below a RX 560 or 1050 to exist

t. Brainlet
Yes there is. They are used for multi monitor setups as well as GPU acceleration for high res images or 4k video output. There's a reason why Nvidia can get away with a ddr4 gt1030. It's not a gaming grade (gtx) graphics card and never was. The people buying them are using them for probably having video output on their ryzen 5/7 builds.

what are the best quiet fans which wont mess with me while watching anime and will actually move air? also cheap pls

Where the FUCK do I find some older beige chassis?

There are no computer stores in my area. Can't seem to find anything on ebay.

It's smoother, if you ever have access to an old CRT monitor try it, they usually come with a 75hz refresh rate.

Some LCD also let you choose 75hz if you lower the resolution enough.

Would've advised against the 3gb 1060, but you already have it. Outside of that it's fine, although the psu is a bit much. Better for future reference I suppose.

>it will get slower when it fills though

Just make sure you keep it no more than 85% full and you will have literally zero performance drops

Im like 20$ short of my build. Gimme money

is it worth to buy second hand office dells? most of them have an i-5 at a very low price.

Substantially more fluid. As the other user said even 75hz is noticeably smoother. 60hz is a good though in the sense it's still extremely playable and only requires cheap hardware to achieve.

>intel
>optimal budget
lul

I'm a massive faggot who loves to suck cocks.
Thoughts on this piece of shit?

Attached: gay.png (901x747, 57K)

Which of these monitors would be best to get?
displayspecifications.com/en/comparison/a2a21e172

8700K and 1080 (until 1180ti) would be driving it. I was going to go for the 4k 144hz monitors, but they're not without issues and it would be best waiting for micro led monitors. I don't particularly want to go with 1440p at a higher refresh rate because of 1080p scaling issues, and as for 1080p at a higher refresh rate, maybe.

>Also where's the price range you retard?
Thought it would be obvious from the components listed. I didn't list the price as I am not in burgerland and didn't want to confuse anyone as prices are different here. $4k~ NZD
Agreed on the meme coolers, they will be swapped out for something better. Why would you recommend a premium PSU? If I overclock at all it will be very minor. As far as I know the current selection would put out enough power for everything but correct me if I'm wrong.
I could swap the CPU for the 8 core Threadripper 1900X or something for a small increase in price but the 12 core version would rape my budget. But is it even worth it? Shill me on AMD pls

I actually don't like/use RGB, just needed some aftermarket coolers and threw them in as a placeholder.

Attached: 1531649115437.jpg (512x512, 50K)

>Why lock to 72fps if I have a 144hz non-gsync monitor?
You don't, that should be removed from the OP
Watch these videos for info about sync and fps
youtube.com/watch?v=F8bFWk61KWA
youtube.com/watch?v=hjWSRTYV8e0

Also nice CPU, getting mine soon

Do you already have the CPU? if not, I'd strongly recommend stumping up the extra $20 for a 2600 for that sweet IPC improvement. I'd also swap the P400 for a P350 for better airflow, but the P400 should still flow enough for your system.
Now start with the cock sucking pls.

Most AIO coolers seem to have rgb, desu. I've got the Kracken x62, which seems to do a good job with the 8700k. At least the fans are plain.

How do I build a silent PC?

Get something bigger than 550w. Corsair RM-X is fine, but 550w is inadequate for an 8700k/1080ti.
1900X 8 core Threadripper is a waste of money when the 1700X (now superceded by 2700X) is the same thing on a cheaper platform.
Definitely get at the very least a 240mm if it has to be an AIO cooler.

>actually buying an 8086K
There's something wrong when there's actually a market willing to pay the ransom for an 8700k that might have a chance of another 100-200mhz...

Yaay I replaced my first capacitors today and my motherboard is working now.
If i got it fixed at some store I'd have payed +100$ but it costed me a few bucks, solder, patience and 4 toilet rolls

Attached: 1532563290914.jpg (1000x800, 61K)

put it in another room.

This market existed before the 8086K and it was called siliconlottery.com

Fuck year, grats

guy in the other thread distracting the namefag from cancering up this thread is doing gods work. look at how pleasant this place is without him.

>bought i7 8700k for gaming and video editing
>pic related comes out

Granted I got it last year but is it really worth it with my current one?

Attached: B717A3F0-E0DD-40B0-989E-04F75C5D9BB0.jpg (1280x720, 228K)

I'm a poorfag in a 3rd world country, I just got my first job out of college and I wanna build a gaming rig, thing is, I'm gonna buy the parts slowly over the next 4, maybe 5 months.

In what order should I buy them to try and minimize outdated components?

Well aware, but it was a joke. Guess there's bench racers with more dollars than sense who'll wilfully pay for bragging rights no matter how diminishing the performance actually is.
It's just a shame the lottery chances for the retail 8700K have been dismissed as such.

Depending on your budget you can get a decent prefab

I'd rather build it myself.

Yeah if you can get them cheap at like $100-200 for 8 thread i7s or Xeons. As complete package they are a brilliant budget deal to be paired with at max probably a gtx 1060 6gb. At the very most you might have to buy a new power supply capable of powering your graphics card. Some only come with 4gb ddr3 so you might have to pick up another used 4gb stick or preferably 3 more 4gb sticks (if the motherboard supports it) to have 16gb ram. Try and run the ram at at least 1600mhz but aim for higher.

that 1070 and psu are garbo

Case, power supply, hdd/ssd, optical drive if applicable, coolers, peripherals. Ram prices are meant to be dropping so that when that is in effect, then your gpu when 11/20xx comes out so they get a price drop, then your cpu and mobo to match. I'd imagine all of the components you want are already available, so you wouldn't really be "outdated" unless you were waiting for a particular cpu/gpu.

should i?

Attached: 1fe.png (750x375, 72K)

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813144177

or

For easily overclocking a 2600 and running 3200 b die ram

No. Buy a 970 instead and save $150

Whatre you running it with?

i5 4590 3.30
16gb ram
currently have a R7 370

I'm gonna sound like a broken record but if there was any time to wait on putting together a gaming pc, this would be it. 11 series is slated for release soon and with it I expect prices to drop somewhat. Even a small drop in price is good given that cards STILL retain a retail price close to what it was when the fucking things came out.

I'd give it a month or 2 and go from there.

Opinions on the RX 570? I was originally going with a 1050Ti, but I'd rather not have to rely on proprietary gsync if I can avoid it. Build for reference.

>those expansion slots with no covers
Why do casemodding hipsters always do this shit? Are they just half-assed or is it their way of subtly admitting that throwing a gamer goy build into a case built before the concept of airflow existed is a shitty idea?

this good?
amazon.com/XFX-Radeon-1386MHz-Graphics-RX-580P8DFD6/dp/B06Y66K3XD

In a big need to upgrade my R7 370

>Granted I got it last year but is it really worth it with my current one?
Doubt.

definite scam right

Attached: Screenshot_20180729_210522.png (1366x768, 393K)

Working on a 400$ console killer
Current build:

Thoughts, anons?

Yep

>960$
>console killer

>11 rating
>24$
Yep
>kek

drop the wifi card and swap your mobo to this one with built in wifi and bluetooth:

Shit wrong build

Real build
pcpartpicker.com/list/s3n6q4

I've been working on this build for a bit, tell me if I'm getting the best bang for my buck with this build. I don't want any gaymin, LED, strobe light, retro bullshit.
Before folks ask, the power supply is as high as it is because it'll be running an already acquired R9 Nano with a 2k monitor (not a meme). In addition, I'll be cramming 1 SSD and 2 15,000 RPM HDD's which are used for storage inside.My budget it sky high, but I still want to keep it in reason.

Attached: Jackin off on Jill.png (678x756, 117K)

anyone pls?

Well then the 2700X is a good choice, the AM4 platform has better price and long term support. Both have similar scores but the 8700k has faster singlecore clock speed which is what most games like. If you are into high refresh monitors or emulators you may want the 8700k, if you want better multi-core performance and the ability to upgrade the CPU without replacing the motherboard, get the 2700X.

When it comes to games and graphics the GPU is more important though, wherever you do make sure you will be able to upgrade your GPU in the near future since big ones are coming, CPU's doesn't even matter at 4k resolution right now.

a 650w gold rated PSU is important for warranty, saving energy and future proof.

>no 7nm CPUs or GPUs until at least March 2019

Fucking enterprise bullshit, it was consumers who saved AMD from bankruptcy yet EPYC chips get first crack at 7nm

Attached: _0.jpg (576x432, 21K)

Alright revised build now with less RGB aids

You're probably right, but I swear someone fucking says this every time I build a new PC. I could wait a month or two tops but I have some pretty demanding VFX work to do soon so I'm itching to upgrade.

Alright, thanks, I will swap out the PSU.
Would this suit: 'Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W 80Plus Gold' ? or should I go for something like the Corsair RM750x 750w ?

So would you go for the 2700x over the 8700k?
I'll switch out the cooler for a 240mm aio regardless.

Is the Gigabyte Aorus Xtreme edition 1080 worth getting over the regular Aorus? And for the mobo is there any point getting the 'Z370 AORUS Ultra Gaming 2.0' over the Z730-HD3 ?

Attached: wip.png (828x1535, 228K)

So, I'm looking to build a pc for video editing and audio engineering, but I'm a bit lost as to where to start. I'm looking to spend around $1200, though it would be great if it could be less. I can stretch it a bit if I really need to, though.

I'm a little lost as to where to even begin. I've read guides, but they're mostly geared towards gamers. Any help is appreciated! Even part suggestions that I can research would help.

should i or get RX 580?

forgot pic

Attached: 1fa.png (705x395, 65K)

another pic

Attached: 1a.png (690x720, 111K)

$250 For an MSI 1060 6gb? That's one of the best models you can buy and that's a crazy good deal. Normally they're like $300+ because of the GPU price inflation. That's a really really good deal I'd definitely go for it.

Samsung 860 evo, or kingston ssd for boot/gaming drive?

Neither. Just get a 970 instead and have around the same performance for much less than those two pieces of overpriced dog shit.

If you want a good 580 get the sapphire nitro+ 8gb 580. It's probably the best model you can buy. That 1060 is also probably the best model you can buy maybe aside from the EVGA models but the EVGA models are still heavily inflated in price from what I've seen so the MSI is the better buy right now.

Between those 2 I'd get the 1060 personally.

Question:

I'm upgrading my CPU, and MB on an old build.
In the old build I used a windows 7 OEM OS when I built it and then later used the free windows 10 upgrade.

Does the upgrade from win7 OEM to win10 mean it is no longer OEM and I can transfer windows 10 to the new Mobo using my microsoft account? I've been googling around but can't find a definitive answer.

Also, I'm using the old HDD, should I bother reformatting it, or will that affect the OS transfer?

What's the best monitor configuration for 1080p 144hz?

27" curved? 24" flat?

>unlocked processor on a locked, shit VRM motherboard
>low profile cooler on a tower that accommodates high end twin tower coolers
Who's gonna tell him?

missed this, thanks user. I will look at swapping the 8700k for a 2700X and I'll get a better PSU.
Is the stock fan on the 2700X okay or should I get some kind of aftermarket cooler?

Attached: flanders.jpg (480x480, 25K)

pretty sure the windows 10 license is still tied to your OEM motherboard

Yeah I was leaning towards that 1060 also. I haven't been happy with my R7 370 and heard good things about the 1060 but also 580

anyone?

If you're upgrading your pc make sure you have 16gb ram as well. Having just 8gb can cause stuttering in a lot of games now.

>unlocked processor on a locked, shit VRM motherboard
I won't be overclocking so idc too much about the motherboard. If there is something around that price range that is better I'd be willing to change it though.
The 8700K is faster than the 8700 and I don't mind shelling out extra because of that.

>low profile cooler on a tower that accommodates high end twin tower coolers
I really don't know what you're talking about with the cooler though, I just picked something that can do the job and be quiet. Since I won't be overclocking I do not need a fucking V8 inside. What would you suggest?

I have 16gb ram getting shipped so I should be good

At that price point you may as well get a good aftermarket cooler and paste, the chip will auto OC depending on your cooling capability by default, so the stock cooler while not bad it can only do so much at the price of noise levels.

Maybe he just wants the extra base clock speed from the K?

Your cooler will work just fine. Just make sure not to have the fan blowing the hot hair towards the motherboard and cpu.

That's good because with that motherboard base clock speed will be only speed