Why do people do this? If you don't use an established game engine and try your own...

Why do people do this? If you don't use an established game engine and try your own, there's more change your game would turn out shit.

There's nothing wrong to master what other people have left for you.

Attached: game.jpg (1920x1080, 263K)

Other people make really bad decisions. Everything that came before me is shit.

>Reply:
>Not making your own game engine from scratch
Fuck off pleb. Go die.

This
Also it's fun.

Is this the 2nd season?
I recently picked up New Game! because of that screenshot of the girl with the C++ book.
So far it's just gay kawaii shit and purple girl sometimes doing 3D models. Where the FUCK is the programming part?

>never invent anything
>never try anything new
>always follow the established path
Let me guess: You are a strict vegan too?

Spot the 32 year old boomer

Nene goes to college in the second season

>cute tensai anime girl makes a game without an engine in C++11/14, gets a job
>random ugly dumbass brainlet unemployed nigger on Jow Forums insists you should use somebody else's shitty bloated crap with JavaScript or whatever other managed shitlang.
Hmm, wonder who I should listen to

Lolis are retarded, what did you expected

i don't know... it's like people have their own hobbies

like why do people use linux, it's garbage compared to macos

They seem smarter than OP at least.

This is like trying to be an artist without any formal practice and training.

What's wrong with that?

wut?
You don't need to have experience with game engines to make something without a game engine
Actually the great majority of game engine users wouldn't be able to do without them, while someone that can produce content without game engines will pick them up right away

>not pushing your programming abilities to their limits

Have fun playing with Mega Bloks instead of legos

Such an artist would lack the fundamental skills to do the basics properly, or understand and adopt different styles and forms of art. An artist without training can certainly be skilled through raw talent, but most would simply be copying others, usually poorly and be too inflexible when needed.

Someone who understands a framework can write better optimized code with that framework.

It doesn't need to be one or the other. A programmer can learn a lot implementing their own engines. That doesn't mean they will always write their own engines.

>general framework
>optimised code
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

If this is supposed to be a reply to work on your aim, then on understanding adjectives.

unity shill thread

come bring your shit coding skills and plug it into our bloated engine to make the next clone of something already successful

Yes, but it's not always necessary to use a full-fledged game engine, when something like SDL works well enough for you.

It's ok to be white.