Laptop

Sup Jow Forums
Can you recommend some mid-range laptops for someone that's moving from desktop to laptop (and also moving to another city)
The cheaper the better, but not *too* cheap, i'd like to be able to do more than just write essays on it

Attached: 61cs-7rP3kL._SL1000_[1].jpg (1000x850, 74K)

You can potentially get a discount if you request not to have wangblows installed on it.

Any gaming laptop, to be honest.
You get much better hardware for your buck compared to business-class models.
Sure, quality, durability, battery life, and weight tend to be worse, but the longevity of your laptop will still be up to a chance (business-class laptop can still break in 2 years, consumer-oriented gaming laptop can still live for 6+ years), while "mid-range" business class does not really exist anyway.

Get a Thinkpad, Latitude or EliteBook.

>Any gaming laptop, to be honest
Nu-Jow Forums

>Thinkpad, Latitude or EliteBook.
Those aren't "mid-range", you autistic nigger.

>Those aren't "mid-range", you autistic nigger.
Please explain to me what "range" a Thinkpad L480 is then.

Attached: 1525569058684.jpg (1500x1061, 576K)

best solution to these situations is budget a secondhand laptop, like a thinkpad that is second or third gen intel and then build a gaming pc out of second hand parts (3770k / 4670k, gtx 970 / 980 / 980ti, 8gb / 16GB ram) and get an okay monitor and use dropbox for important things, like essays. literally can't go wrong. you end up with something you can use at home for more intensive tasks that isn't completely gimped by the fact it's a laptop, and you get a laptop to do your work on the go with access to the important shit via drop box.

>is an actual retard
>posts irrelevant weeb shit
Like pottery
>L480
>baseline over $1000
>mid-range
You could've at least suggested E-series which would be still overpaying for the ThinkPad brand without really getting any of the expected advantages.
Sure, you can get it for like $600 if you'll be running a crap configuration, but for what purpose? A real question here. Compare it to the Y series, for example, Lenovo Legion Y530 15" - for the same price (assuming L480 has the i5 CPU option) you are getting:
>Better CPU
>Better display
>More RAM
>Discrete GPU
>More storage
>A bigger battery (albeit I doubt it'll matter)
The trade-off here is Y being a bigger and a heavier one (but only about 2mm thicker) - but we are comparing 15" with 14" here.
What L has going for it? Do you think the ThinkPad brand guarantee you better quality, support, etc? Surprise, everything below T-series considered to be a "consumer ThinkPad" - meaning it doesn't receive any special treatment nor support. That's the opinion of the actual consumer - try asking any normalfag community "should I buy L/E series" and you'll receive "It won't be a real ThinkPad" as an answer. Meaning no one expects "quality" from these products meaning there's no incentive for Lenovo to provide any special treatment for them.

tl;dr you are overpaying for the brand and get worse hardware in return. You are literally no better than macfaggots.

Are Chromebooks a good alternative?

don't ever say that again

HP Envy x360 with Ryzen

Please show your workings, it's a genuine question...

Fuck the hell off if you can't understand why a chromebook would be a terrible replacement for a desktop.

>do my work for me

>thread for recommendations and advice
>is butthurt that someone asks a question

Please leave this thread, it's clearly not one that suits you. I'm sure you have a Thinkpad in your bunk to hump.

OUCH, right in user's shekels

So don't buy one brand new you absolute mongoloid.
Hell, you'd probably be better off getting a T420 if you really wanna save money (whilst still having respectable specs).

Attached: 1509368304713.gif (752x752, 58K)

I mean, just look at this listing user. Even for the buy it now price it's still not gonna break the bank at only 176.33 USD.

Attached: bdb0a3c561dafe584ef12da258b76ad4.png (1620x588, 609K)

>180 USD
>t420
>HDD
I shiggy diggy

You could definitely find a better deal if you weren't to go for a refurbished model.

L480 is mil-spec, has good build quality, has 2x2 wifi (which E480 doesn't), it pretty much only lacks in some upgrade options that the T480 has, a thunderbolt port and the battery, and it costs at least 500USD less, also a slightly less capable cooling system. How is it "overpaying"? How is it overpaying compared to the competition, that doesn't tend to have upgradable RAM and has even more mediocre cooling systems?