>Intel: Yeah so as we said Tim, don't worry we're bringing cooler 10nm chips in like a year and a half with 6 cores and a 28W TDP. Shits going to be great.
>Tim Cook: Ok Brian we trust your plans, as you know our engineers collaborated last week to address thermal solution designs, did you have a chance to talk with them yet?
>Intel: Oy I almost forgot to tell you. Yeah don't worry they said everything is fine in that regard and should be more than adequate.
>Tim Cook: Good to hear Brian, Jony Ive and the team have spent the past year working on the 2016 model and they've still got around 2 years left so having everything close to finalized is great. As you know we like to plan far ahead into the future in regards to computer hardware chassis designs.
>Intel: Very good to hear Tim, don't forget we'll start going to 5nm around 2018. The 2016 chassis will be total overkill for our LakeLake CPU in 2018!

>Tim Cook: Brian what the fuck?
>Intel: Hey don't worry just a small manufacturing issue we'll be sorted in a month or two!
>Tim Cook: Ok Brian.

Q1 2018

>Tim Cook: Brian this is absolutely unacceptable. 4 years ago you told us that you'd have cooler chips in the time-frame we wanted allowing us to go thinner, we went deep into production and we cannot turn back. After this deal I have decided we will part ways. Apple will no longer be using Intel processors. We need to discuss Thunderbolt ASAP.
>Intel: I'll be with you shortly Tim I'm just in a meeting right now.
>Tim Cook: I'll be waiting.

Q2 2018

>Tim Cook: Brian please respond.
>Intel: [Your message failed send. Recipient e-mail address does not exist.]

Attached: intel-apple-together-at-last-640x353[1].jpg (640x353, 21K)

Epyc thread

They are moving to ARM.

Probably encouraged by this shit from Intel for the past few years. Otherwise I don't think they would have risked it, at least not now. Now though they have to speed up whatever they may or may not be developing for the desktop.

Attached: image.jpg (435x602, 183K)

0/10

>macshit
Found your problem.

Attached: 1523672285528.png (2560x1440, 2M)

i9 and macbook should be swapped TBHfam

Who? Apple?
Giving their trend of lacking more and more behind in updating their desktop versions, I wouldn't be surprised if they aren't developing at all right now. Maybe they just plant in a threadripper next and we see Adobe finally adjusting for more cores. Probably some wish thinking, but I definitely wouldn't mind.

>apple engineers
>thermal solutions

Haha good one op.

Apple are the single closest partner Intel work with. They work with Apple closer than anyone else and they still lied to them and deceived them.

Why post outdated shit that you know is false?

Attached: D2D.jpg (1277x718, 114K)

I use a Mac and they will always be superior to the Thinkcel laptops.

okay this is epyc

Big if true

Threadripper is very close to intel's HEDT in singlethreaded performance but has less vulnerabilities, actually working security features, more PCIe lanes. The only thing it (technically) misses is thunderbolt support.

They decided to switch to ARM in laptops because they will make more money this way, don't need to depend on another companies and no work is done with their laptops anyway so audience will still buy into it. Also by switching to AMD they would risk losing mindshare.
In mac pro they can take the risk and switch to AMD or just stick with intel. ARM isn't really an option there. Though I doubt they will switch, apple isn't interested in increasing performance.

>STILL 3 times slower than the aero 15x, which has a slower cpu

Apple saw that the laptop overheated and instead of redesigning it, they still shipped it. They were the ones screwing over their customers. People buy macbooks from Apple, not from Intel.

>source: my ass

They did for the same reason that Intel is still shipping Broadwell variants in 14 nm +++++++

As far as cooling goes, is there some fucking reason why my laptop's fan constantly passes BIOS tests and very audibly turns on during them but while normally running it's completely off? BIOS has no section for me to manually force them on and my temp readings have me running at fucking 80* [spoiler]Celsius[/spoiler].

>ARM
lol, no. If anything there is a small chance we will start to see Ryzen in apple computers, particularly the desktops. I don't know if Ryzen does so well when it comes to power consumption, which Apple values a lot for its mobile devices.

>Jow Forums pass
>Femanon
pretty much explains everything

Can we stop with the hyperbole? My mbp2018 runs absolutely fantastic. The latest batch of intel CPUs are not what intel promised Apple. Tim Cook and gang must be absolutely seething at this point.

>"femanon"
How are the hormone treatments going freak?

What's stopping Apple from choosing a different manufacturer? I mean it's easy to blame all of this shit on the kikes but seriously, the customer is coming to you, and not Intel, because it expects you to make the wise decision not to use Intel hardware. It's your goddamn fault, Apple. Take the blame and fix your shit.

poor quality bait, here's your (You)

What are your thinkpad's specs and how much does it weigh?

See benchmarks of the Cavium ThunderX 2, an ARM desktop cpu is very competitive with x86.
Apple just needs to widen their Ax cores and add SMT.
Intel is done for.

intel lost a $1B/year customer after the last 10nm delay
might as well be apple itself

Thunderbolt 3.