What's a good cpu to upgrade from my i7 4790 non k ?

What's a good cpu to upgrade from my i7 4790 non k ?

Attached: intel-core-i7-4790-processor-300px-v2.jpg (300x300, 29K)

1950x

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 63K)

Is it worth it to sidegrade from a 1700x to a threadripper?

its not worth upgrading desu

none, yet

why would you want to upgrade that

Still using 3770k 4.4 GHz. Why would you want to upgrade?

Unless he really wants the extra 16 cores coming with TR2 or has no money, this desu. TR had another price reduction and it's dirty cheap now.
No. Too late now. I'd wait for ryzen 3 and see.

really need more cores or higher clocks? Dunno what you're doing with your pc, I don't think it's worth right now for you. check again when Ryzen 3000 series drops next year for real gains

based and redpilled

What is your GPU OP
Because that is more likely the reason for your slow PC

upgrade your gpu instead

Ryzen.

/thread

It has slower cores than OP's cpu.

There is no need to upgrade, fellow 4790 non k brotha

Probably not, unless you plan on heavy multi-threaded programs.

Maybe he plays videogames sometimes, on high framerates. 3770k sucks for that nowadays.

3770k cant do 350 fps in cs go?

Maybe it can with some microstuttering (personal experience). But PUBG, forget about it lad.

What can't it do that a modern CPU can?

Typically stuttering happens because you overclocked and your power delivery is shit and your getting vdroop and this because much more noticable as the components age

Higher single thread performance, more and faster cache latency, support for DDR4, easier to achieve 4+ GHz clocks.

Or because the source engine is from 1922 and single-core oriented. No v droop noticed on hwinfo.

You're not going to get stuttering because of vdroop. You might get stuttering if your CPU is throttling for whatever reason (thermal limit, some power limit, etc.) but if the VRMs are not able to keep the voltage stable enough then you're going to crash outright.

Cs go uses source 2 and uses 3 threads

i7-4790k

Oh so THAT's why CPU1, and 2 stick to 5% while CPU 0 is at 25

That's a technically true, but it doesn't use it all equally. Thread 2/3 are for audio and some background calculations. Main loop is thread #1.

|>

eh, just keep it.

>Cs go uses source 2
No it doesn't, at least not yet. Dota 2 uses it tho.

I have the same CPU exactly, this thread interests me, what I've been looking at is ryzen but ram prices make me not want to, plus it's a wonderful processor as it is and i would be downgrading

Just keep using it until the mobo VRMs die.
t. user with a x58 PC.

Keep it OP, it can run anything that is not AAA garbage at 1440p or 4k.

Plot twist, i love what you call garbage

Are laptop processors advanced enough to replace an i7 4700HQ?

The only reason to switch to Ryzen right now is security or if you need extra cores for multitasking workloads. If you are not bothered wait for Zen 2 (Ryzen 3) and skip Intel altogether.

>currently have a 4670k
>it's bottlenecking my 1080 Ti hard
>too poor at the moment to upgrade my motherboard and cpu
>4790k is my only viable option
>used ones cost the same as a used 8700k
what the fuck

In what country do used 4790k cost the same as a used 8700k

The US where they go for $250 or more

You can buy an entire optiplex with 4790 for $250. If you are buying used you have to be open-minded, look for things that were in mass deployment, and not be fixated on some special snowflake option.

Where to buy 8700k for $250?

Attached: sexy sayaka saliva.png (500x576, 365K)

Get lucky bidding on ebay

>buy a 7700k on eBay
>open a claim saying it's not as described, claim to have been sent a 7600k instead
>ship back the 7600k I was using
>ebay sides with me and I get a free 7700k

Attached: 1451508976712.jpg (782x835, 117K)

It's cunts like you that make Ebay get a bad rep.

kys faggot

Don't hate the player, hate the game

Same here, although it is a regular 3770

>stealing and scamming people is an official part of the social contract

Attached: 1526775796653.jpg (702x800, 66K)

Not the case, microstuttering still happen with newest 8th gen. (My case I use Asus mobo, not really sure it is their shitty optimization or 8th gen is a meme though).
I have both 4th (dell-built PC) and 8th genv(Asus mobo) ones, its appear to me that there isnt much fps different and 4th is much smoother and less stuttering.

Posting a picture of yourself?
Nice

>kaby lake was such a jew product it turned its users into fucking jews

Literally a fraud.
What are you so proud for?
They just dont want troubles with small fries like of you, not because they dont see through your lies

>Bragging about stealing on Jow Forums
Found the underage zoomer.

Attached: 1508728281353.jpg (688x688, 98K)

All of you need to go back to R*ddit

Nah, you're just a nigger

>not stealing physical property is le reddit

Attached: 1424294223687.jpg (650x650, 101K)

No I'm pretty sure I've seen like 5 threads about this semester thing I think he's memeing us

Didn’t steal. Went through a process of being refunded by a mega corporation that the selling party agrees to when they use the service.

Yeah, and fucked over the seller's acount. And you still stole it, nigger.

>Just keep using it until the mobo VRMs die.
> t. user with a x58 PC.

my x58 just died last week asshole and im still pretty fucking upset about it ... and i just bought an ebay xeon for it which i didnt get to install

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Attached: 1424394633821.jpg (1600x1200, 380K)

>not stealing
Your literally shafting the original seller of the value of the original item sold by pulling a fast one. Buyers are obligated to return the original item during a return process. You could press charges and call the local police department of that customer but most people won't bother with the hassle.

yes you did, tyrone

Should have bought it sooner user.
I love my X5675, runs cool as fuck even at high OCs compared to my old i7 960.

Boo fucking hoo
It’s a risk you take, and there’s no amount of proof the seller could have to prove they didn’t pull the bait and switch that I claimed they did.

>items have completely different serial numbers
>no proof
I have called the cops on scammers before and gotten the original item returned back. If explicit legal action is taken with PayPal they will side with the seller over the buyer and will cooperate with police. Chances are your seller is high volume and just takes it as a % loss of sales each month rather than go through the legal hoops.

Yeah, none of that changes the fact that you're a nigger.

>going out of your way to file a police report on someone in a different country
>implying I didn't buy as a guest with a visa gift card
>implying I didn't use a reshipping service and fake name
You really underestimate my jewry, user.
Stay mad.

Attached: 1510790280731.gif (200x150, 2.59M)

4700 non k because m'user can't voltage right apparently

/thread