How come windows 7 looks more modern than windows 10?

How come windows 7 looks more modern than windows 10?

Attached: serveimage.jpg (1280x720, 78K)

Other urls found in this thread:

winaero.com/blog/beware-windows-7-convenience-rollup-adds-telemetry/
mirror.corenoc.de/digitalrivercontent.net/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

look at the baby
he likes shiny toys

Because it was made by competent people. Unlike the garbage that is winblows 10 or 8.

Attached: Untitled.jpg (2560x1440, 666K)

Probably the same kinda guy who uses that 3D cube effect to switch desktops

I liked the flat look of WIndows 8 Beta.

Attached: windows8developerpreviewdesktop_640_large_verge_medium_landscape.jpg (640x482, 84K)

GET OUT TRANNIES

Proprietary software is never made by competent people.

Linex is only good to prevent you from getting diarrhoea while you're on antibiotics. It's not good for your PC though.

Attached: linex_forte-1000x1000.jpg (1000x1000, 115K)

Why do you hate freedom?

I don't.

Why do you choose to enslave yourself, then?

I don't.

Epic.

Material design is objectively worse for the end user, that's why.

t. retard

Degeneracy trend
*Snap*

Attached: 3MTRQ9w.jpg (777x432, 59K)

Same reason all the companies are moving to a material/minimalistic design, shitty trend setters setting shitty trends to save money and shitty companies follow.

OP btforever
/thread

Material/flat made everything look cheap and ugly.

It's all really apples fault, they started with that shit and then google/m$ just copied it by embracing "flat" look shills like that Duarte piece of shit.

Can you believe that man in outfit/image like this was chief aesthetic architect at biggest IT company ever?

Fuck this gay world.

Attached: 8II7rjX5IF71DIOjd4n0zO_OpH4.jpg (500x500, 44K)

>Beta
Sums you up pretty well

Vista/7 was made for powerful machines. 8 and later were made to work on weak devices with small batteries.

it looks and feels dated. just move on with the times

Why did this flat meme take over? It fucking oozes "no effort".

It looks a hell of a lot better but it hardly looks modern considering the current trend is flatshit.

Literally designed on power point. Not kidding. Look it up.

W8 and W10 use more resources than W7, though.

No they use resources more efficiently

No they fucking do not you retarded cock mongoloid. Constant spyware and 100% disk usage cannot possibly be more "efficient" than not having that.

W7 and W8 use about the same amount of RAM, W10 uses more.
W8 and W10 use much more VRAM than W7.
W8 and W10 use more disk space on a clean install.
W10 uses the most CPU and has the most processes running by default.

Attached: Win_VRAM.png (450x259, 12K)

Only gays disable Aero.

Most people run 1080p and with aero on, it's still half has much as 8.1

As much as I dislike Windows 10, it looks better than 7

>he thinks using more means it's less efficient
It keeps things loaded in memory so when you call on them you don't have to wait as long for them to load. They combine this with RAM compression with great results
No to mention the pagefile in general is smarter and generally quicker, especially for those using an SSD

work stations usually disable all the extras, the savings over a year add up.

Aero forces vsync, so basic can have a bit less input lag

Attached: 1527614048304.jpg (667x590, 71K)

But all in all, it doesn't mean much on a decent modern PC.
However, installing W10 on an older PC with a HDD is a bad idea. Unless you're willing to tweak it and babysit it you'll have a bad time.

Disabling Aero also gives you better performance in some aspects, say if you have another OS in a VM.
It's a shame you can't do that anymore on 8/10.

Explains why everyone on Jow Forums is crying about Windows 10 not working on their 15 year old Thinkpads

Some people report Windows 7 physics benchmarks is faster than Windows 10 on the notebookreview forum

I installed w10 ltsb on a sandy bridge laptop with brand new SSD and it lagged like shit. Win7 works flawlessly.

Having a hard time believing this

>W8 and W10 use more disk space on a clean install.

A big no. 8.1 and 10 assign around 3GB to the pagefile. 7 assigns 16GB because "lol you have 16GB of RAM that means you should use 16GB of pagefile". That's some stupid shit.

Also better RAM management comes with higher RAM usage.

That's not going to help you when you're doing tasks that aren't playing fucking videogames. In fact any sort of smooth scrolling on web browsers without vsync is horrible.

>The Man Who Trolled The World

Attached: mishima shiggy.jpg (669x893, 48K)

Does anyone else think that minimalism / flat design invokes a Fisher Price aesthetic?

because WIndows 7 has a design
I mean, it has one at all
Windows 10 doesn't it's a weird mix of old app designs and new designs they add in every 1-2 years with never fully finishing it

Attached: 1528060387819.jpg (720x720, 31K)

Ok, it seems there's been a lot of shilling around with Windows 7. As of today, which updates are worth removing or not installing? I've seen scripts out there and lists of updates, but those are ironically outdated, unless we are to assume that whatever they added in like a year or two are all good updates.

>7 assigns 16GB because "lol you have 16GB of RAM that means you should use 16GB of pagefile".
It used to be around 3GB as well but that changed after some updates around the time 10 came out.

Coincidence?

Attached: a4066d60f694ad3f4fd28bd70.jpg (725x768, 59K)

There's plenty of people that have been able for years to identify which updates do what exactly. If that's true there should be an update to avoid somewhere with a number.

It's more often than not due to drivers. For some reason Windows 10 is terrible at installing the correct drivers for most equipment I've installed it on. You can sort of get around this buy using the Windows 7 drivers, but in many cases they don't work properly 100%. For example I put win 10 on an Asus G73sw from 2012 and the default drivers made the touchpad pretty much unusable. I installed Asus's Win 7 drivers which made the pad work pretty much normally, but for some reason scrolling doesn't work in any microsoft "apps" so even file explorer, I cant scroll. But it scrolls in Chrome. So.... In win 7 everything works fine out of the box.

Why? 7 is faster and lighter than 10.

>but that changed after some updates around the time 10 came out
It could always be changed since RTM 7600. Even set dynamically, htough not recommended.

>outdated
No, don't install anything after 2015. All updates from that point are full of telemetry.

>A big no.
It's just a fact, not really up to debate. Go install all 3 in a VM and you'll see.
After all 3 are fully updated it might be different, though.
>pagefile
No. By default it's dynamic size, even on 7. But nothing is stopping you from setting your own size either or disabling it completely.

Just install all of them. W7 doesn't have W10 type telemetry, unless you enable it manually (it's off by default).
Also if you're doing a clean install remove all Windows components (under Programs and features), like .Net 3, IE, WMP...

>W7 doesn't have W10 type telemetry, unless you enable it manually (it's off by default).
Wrong, they explicitly patched it in shortly after W10 was officially released. It's easy to find their reference if you want to remove them.

The telemetry people talk about is CEIP
winaero.com/blog/beware-windows-7-convenience-rollup-adds-telemetry/

Some people say it's on for them, but I've never seen it be enabled on any PC that I manage, with all updates installed. Could be some other variable involved, IDK...

Attached: Customer-Experience-Improvement-Program-settings-dialog.png (963x646, 138K)

Pic related is how I know it's not on my machine.

Attached: Capture.jpg (581x249, 28K)

Flatshit was started by Microsoft with their Windows 8 and WP, retard.

No it's not

Yes it is, at least on higher-end PCs 7 outperforms 8 and 10.

The pajeets were never able to fix the Metro bug that induced a glitch in Aero. So they simlpy turned it off.

Fuck me.. its true.
I didn't want to admit it but its true.

We live in an era of tech-priests.

It really doesn't
>b-but muh old gamyz optimized for 7!

No, everything, from encoding, to gaming, to trivial tasks such as opening a folder with thousands of images, or creating a 7z archive. 7 is faster.

It really isn't. Maybe you should install drivers for the 10 in that home made comparison of yours

Of course I did the comparison with all versions of Windows up to date and all latest versions of drivers installed. 7 won.

Upload a video then

Luna and Bliss for life.

I don't care for flat UIs, but the only problem Windows 10 UI has (afaik) is inconsistency.
I'm sure most of you here have seen the webms that usually get posted highlighting this.

You winfags disgust me.

Attached: gnu_linux.png (1366x768, 145K)

At least don't use shittily compressed 720p image for your shitty bait post. Jow Forums really can't be arsed to do anything right.

768p-fags disgust me.

Attached: 21-09-22.jpg (2560x1440, 2.55M)

>You winfags disgust me.
Actually that's just a symptom of looking at screen tearing for too long.

>Choosing the botnet for (((((looks))))).

desktop looks good m8

Can you still buy windows 7? I’m building a new computer and want it on my SSD.

Not from retail and used ones are sketchy as fuck. You're better of sailing the seven seas

Good god Aero is a fucking blight on humanity.

I’m on a mil base, how would one do that without risk of getting bent? Comcast is my isp

Says guy who uses Vista.

Attached: blueman184x.jpg (184x184, 9K)

you don't need to buy windows 7
go on mydigitallife for the activator
and download the iso from their former partner below
mirror.corenoc.de/digitalrivercontent.net/

There are two pieces of telemetry in Win 7 & 8.

The first is CEIP, which has been a part of Windows since at least XP, and is generally opt-in. Some Windows Updates have expanded CEIP's data collection, but if you opt-in to CEIP you'd probably want to contribute this additional data.

The second is the Diagnostics and Tracking service. This was added in via Windows Updates sometime around when Windows 10 became a thing (it's a part of the monthly security updates if you wanna avoid it). It has two functions. The first purpose is to scan your machine for Windows 10 compatibility purposes (whatever that actually means). The second purpose is for the application telemetry system that newer versions of Visual Studio can add to your programs. You can disable this service!

There used to be more telemetry, which was a part of the Get Windows 10 program, but those have been removed via another Windows Update (Remove Software Related to the Get Windows 10 offer, IIRC).

If you installed MS Security Essentials and use the default settings you get enrolled in CEIP. I'm sure there's more than one way to get CEIP turned on.

I should have mentioned that CEIP is the Customer Experience Improvement Program and you go to the Action Center Control Panel to hunt around for it. I think the Start Menu will take you straight to it if you type the right keyword. For a screenshot of it, see

Because windows 7 is sexy.

fpbp

>using vlc as a music player

A user named "Gen2" on Pirate Bay regularly posts pre-activated Windows ISOs, including W7 with all updates. His torrents are legit, I've been using several of his W10 LTSB ISOs for years.

Attached: Gen2 Windows ISOs piratebay.png (1310x916, 238K)

Nice!

Also can someone.post the screencap of a former MS employee ranting about how win10 was designed by the management in PowerPoint pls?

Material is trash, but it's only found on Google products

Flat was invented by swiss guys 60 years ago

Attached: 49_swiss02.jpg (490x682, 88K)

t. Gen2 wanting to promote his botnet wuth built-in miner

thats pretty stupid desu, just download the official iso from microsoft to be sure and daz loader/kmspico from mydigitallife

because youre a fag

>muh veesta was bad maymay

>7 is faster and lighter than 10
You’ve never used 8 or 10 then.

I'm not Gen2 and I would have noticed if there were malware attached, shit like miners aren't exactly subtle.

That's exactly what would Gen2 say.

Stop using nigger tier hdds if you really have constant full disk usage.

the bit you're talking about is the second block from the bottom

Attached: 1459301946459.png (1300x4704, 1.14M)

The fuck is the point of having ram if you spaz out when 1/4 of it is being used.

Says the fat virgin neet who has nothing else to do besides orgasming over his arch install.