Apparently, this fat fuck's Java code for Minecraft was an absolute mess...

Apparently, this fat fuck's Java code for Minecraft was an absolute mess. Microsoft had to rebuild the game from scratch.

Attached: Notch3.jpg (1225x1035, 248K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BES9EKK4Aw4
store.steampowered.com/app/874100/LGBT_BATTLEGROUNDS/
microsoft.com/en-us/p/minecraft-for-windows-10/9nblggh2jhxj
notch.tumblr.com/post/227922045/the-origins-of-minecraft
wired.com/2013/11/minecraft-book/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Doesn't matter. He made money off it.

Source?

Well they paid a billion for it, so they might as well tidy it up.

There is MCP, Minecraft coder pack, a project that decompiles Minecraft and you can see the code for yourself (except without original class/variable names and without comments). I personally don't think it was all that bad; Particularly, chunk storage in memory was quite efficient, despite Java usually being very hungry for memory. MS couldn't put Java code on their console, so they had no choice but to rewrite the game.

The Java version has a shitton of mods, amazing mods, all due to Java being easy to decompile and add functionality to binaries.

Microsoft's "efficient" C++ version of Minecraft, though? Where are the mods?

youtube.com/watch?v=BES9EKK4Aw4

This fat fuck is a member of Mensa and you are not.

Where's your game?

Rebuild? You mean add spyware to it?

Welcome to 2009.

store.steampowered.com/app/874100/LGBT_BATTLEGROUNDS/

Attached: 2018-07-01_00.31.19.png (1440x837, 887K)

Don't insult my childhood game you fucks

Well, Not entirely false, but I do understand what you're saying.

The original game was made in java yes. But it was still his company that were making the C++ version for mobile.

Then, 4J also made their own version, as well, still c++

Many years pass, 4j continue to pump out their console version onto all the different platforms, and microsoft just buy mojang.

Eventually, the mobile version of the application was used to make the bedrock engine, and this became the standard for every version of minecraft that is cross platform (uwp, switch, mobile, xbone, etc).

The existing console versions are now running the Legacy Console edition (this includes the current ps4 version).

So did Microsoft rebuild the engine from scratch? No. But they are indeed heavily invested in this engine, as it generates the revenue with paid ""mods""

:/

Attached: 1520585211308.png (575x446, 169K)

It's a shit game in every way imaginable.

Subjective opinion

Didnt try it yet but surely you could extract jar file and decompile the bytecode

oh how clueless you are

t. fucking noob with no imagination

How old are you?

Wrong, faggot.

WRONG

>getting defensive over a shitty game

If he was 11 when it became popular he can shitpost here or even penispost on /b/.

Go back to playing roblox, sweetie.

I'm getting offensive over a shitty game.

>People actually say this

why is he such a fedora

Post cute twink dick : 3

nou

this

Very nice and readable.

I hate to admit it, but as a Minecraft Autist, The Windows version runs fucking fast on shitty hardware.
Shame about the business model though. Nowhere NEAR as fun, they locked all the cool mods and shit out.

>mfw penisposted on /v/ many years before becoming a legal adult
Didn't know that shit was literally illegal back then

Attached: absolutestate.jpg (1664x1502, 159K)

Nah, i haven't taken enough hrt
And yes, i was around 11 at that time

Shit /b/ not /v/

>Mensa
>National Autism Club

You don't even have to be smart to be a member of MENSA, just not overtly stupid

>look mom, I did it again!

I press enter a lot, did mootwo add extra padding to linebreaks?

>Microsoft wanting a cross compatible program they paid billions for

no wonder they re-wrote it in MSVC. they don't want other people to use *nix

who the fuck cares. if i like the game i dont give a fuck

Well minecraft is pretty good game, you don't need DLC's and shit... it's fun for a while then you download mods and play it again like tekkit.

It's creative don't have microtrasaction and it's fun... now find something like this from that big companies who claim that they are creating games for players... YES NONE... they need money so their own games are ctrl+c and ctrl+v changed graphics and maps + dlcs + microtrasactions + lootboxes and game is dead after year or two...

The one time I did this I got many compliments

Pretty much this.

I was a 25 year old man when it came out and it made me feel like a child

should i do it too?
im not underage tho haha

so comfy. cant wait to graduate next quarter and spend time off just programming

Attached: 1530310651261.png (236x213, 45K)

it's boobytrapped for microsoft

this

Go for it if you're not underage.

Java performs terribly itself which is why M$ remade the game in C++. Fatty here never intended for the game to be anything more than autism simulator. Oh wait...
Anyways, the move to C++ was also made so that Microsoft can lock down the game from unofficial modding and implement better DRM in future, while also porting it to consoles.

Wait what do you mean? I just went to the launcher to download the latest release and it's still in Java?

This one?

microsoft.com/en-us/p/minecraft-for-windows-10/9nblggh2jhxj

Ore did you use the old Java launcher to play the old Java Minecraft and (gasp) it was still in Java?

I used the CEF (not Java) launcher from the official website.

I really have no idea what you are talking about, and since you don't seem to want to give any links to where you got the launcher from, I can't help you either.

Minecraft.net which literally says " Minecraft: Java Edition supports cross-platform play between macOS, Linux and Windows. This edition supports user-created skins and comes with a FREE CODE for Minecraft on Windows 10, too!".

I wish minecraft was more like terraria.

So what exactly are we talking about? The fact that the download titled "Minecraft: Java Edition" allows you to install the Java version of Minecraft?

2D with sprites?

No, the fact that people talk about this mysterious C++ version of Minecraft and despite the fact that I purchased the game I cannot find it anywhere to get it on my computer and all the download links MS gives me access to give me links to the Java version which also claim to simultaneously be the "latest release". I'm just puzzled.

Is there any reason for Java to still be used or to exist at all? It was originally made because they wanted a secure way to run code in a sandbox on the internet right? It doesn't seem to have a particular reason to exist in modern day though, especially with how unsecure it is.

Did you try the link I gave you just few posts ago?

And? The IP is what had value, not some indie code mess.

Java was made to write for one platform and run on all, not to run in browser. Yes, there is reason for Java to exist.

>t. craftlets
I bet you're dirt shack got blown up by creepers the first night n000bs

$10 a pop my dude.

source?

anybody who has to rebuild code from scratch is gonna claim the original code was an absolute mess.

the reality is though that millions of people were using the original code and enjoying the original finished product immensely.

Reminder that minecraft is proprietary software and regardless of your "feelings" about the game it should not be played because it is the enemy of freedom.

This. A billion for pajeet tier code he had fun making, not bad at all in todays world.

I think a lot of the meme's about Notch's "spaghetti code" are exaggerated or just repeated from someone else. It is worth noting that Minetest runs a lot better than Minecraft, though.

It can be played as Pocket Edition on Android/iOS, or on consoles, or on Windows 10 (from the Windows store, I think)

I wouldn't be surprised - he was completely self taught and Minecraft was a big project. I still remeber playing after each update during beta and discovering a whole host of new bugs in the game each time (anyone remeber 0.16? The update so bad it had articles written about it?). Not that I'm complaining though, I have very fond memories playing with my friends online and laughing about all the rediculous bugs together as we discovered them.

Fuck, I really miss those days when mc was first taking off. One of the last big games with dedicated servers and actual communities as a result.

It worked so it was good enough

>Fuck, I really miss those days when mc was first taking off
Same, before the feature set was advised by a core playerbase of 10yr olds, when you could just decompile the source and add your own ridiculous mods and add them to a small comfy server with half a dozen active members that all knew eachother and laugh as the server ran out of memory as you set off TNT chain reactions

I miss those times

also this - Jow Forums often doesn't realise that deployed and working but messy/imperfect code is always preferred over perfect code that's never deployed

OP is a faggot, say sources who are familiar with his thinking,

The JDK is huge and has a lot of useful shit in it and the JVM is pretty convenient for deploying code. Also the fact that it has garbage collection and is OOP friendly makes it a very accessible language (basically why pajeets use it and it's usually taught first in college to introduce programming).

It's popular for a reason regardless how you feel about using it. I'm not a big fan but I'll admit it's easy to set up and cozy to work with.

no shit

the c++ version is the one from the microsoft app store

It's a total waste of money, I cancelled my membership the first year. All you get is some magazine and access to some shitty forum

> invents c#
> builds game in c++
C# was a mistake

Reminder that - regardless of your feelings -, your ideology and the notion that it's the "correct one" to follow are entirely subjective, opinions and emotions, just like your weird definition of "freedom".

Should I not have the freedom to play games whenever I fucking feel like it?
Oh, right sorry. I forgot the FSF gives me the "freedom" to renounce to commodities if it goes against their ideology.

Thanks to the FSF for giving me the freedom to renounce to any potentially useful software.

>Make shitty game that's a coppy of other games
>Give game equally shitty code
>Make billions of dollars for it
Seems like he did a pretty good job to me

Attached: file_1.png (600x400, 157K)

>mintecaft is coppy of gaem!

Attached: skin_2015071802364592685both[1].png (296x256, 378)

it doesn't matter, he has more money than you

c# was made to stupid indie devs use XNA and get stuck with microsoft.

>Where are the mods?
In the store.

Link me. All I've seen so far is shitty recolors. Nothing on the level of good content mods of Java Minecraft.

I mean the developer admitted it's a Dwarf Fortress clone.

notch.tumblr.com/post/227922045/the-origins-of-minecraft

wired.com/2013/11/minecraft-book/

By that logic Halo is a copy of DooM

well actualy minecraft pocket edition (the "crossplatform" as promoted) has microtransactions, you can buy skins (all of them are ugly as fuck) + some maps but i am not sure about that

notch is a good programmer.

its on the microsoft store

>Should I not have the freedom to play games whenever I fucking feel like it?
Yes but proprietary software developers such as mojang don't want you to do this. They force you to play games on their terms, not on yours.

The FSF doesn't want you to renounce software, proprietary software developers are the ones who want you to renouncing your freedom. They make the useful software and then they use it to bait you into giving up control of your computing.

Good enough

actually halo is a copy of half life, which is a copy of Duke Nukem, which is a copy of doom, which is a copy of Wolfenstein

^Microsoft^Pajeet

Dude made a billion dollars on hackjob java coding.

Makes you wonder why you bother, doesn't it?

>also this - Jow Forums often doesn't realise that deployed and working but messy/imperfect code is always preferred over perfect code that's never deployed

That's the problem with the elitists here. They get their panties in a twists over the technicals before they even have a viable product. Doesn't matter that the code base was a mess because it worked good enough for it to become successful. Notch is now sat in his mansion and you're still in a wageslave position fixing his shitty code.

Source?

Just randomly claiming something and everybody Bates into it. Fuxking source