What's the best Web Browser in 2018 according to Jow Forums

What's the best Web Browser in 2018 according to Jow Forums

Attached: firefoxnightly.png (2001x2065, 417K)

Other urls found in this thread:

digdeeper.neocities.org/ghost/browsers.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

safari

Netscape Navigator

Microsoft Word

Falkon, probably.

Attached: About Mozilla Firefox ESR.png (698x366, 83K)

Lynx is best unless you're one of those weirdos who uses JavaScript

edge

it's alright, but i just can't use it on my 144hz monitor. for some reason all chromium based browsers, and, of course, chromium itself, cannot into higher fps than 60 on linux. Firefox and its derivatives work fine in that regard, though.

Why would you need anything above 50Hz?

i need my animations to be as smooth as a loli's butt

Attached: 1452217017338.jpg (678x657, 130K)

Why would you ask such a stupid question?

Attached: 1528007746402.jpg (508x532, 33K)

Nightly

Attached: DSC_0153k-Large.jpg (719x1080, 225K)

Muh old software

Attached: main.png (696x420, 46K)

Watch that lose all support within this year.

source?

mamezou is the artist

Ungoogled chromium.

An absurdly old version of Firefox where all the add-ons still work.

Attached: tumblr_m5ufc4GwJ61qdhsxp.0-Medium.jpg (1174x768, 77K)

It had support since 2015 or so.
What makes you think it will lose all support this year?

ungoogled chrome

thanks

Firefox Nightly

This or Waterfox.

Chrome: google removed edition .

Vivaldi

Firefox/IceCat > Brave > Falkon > anything else

Both trash

Firefox. If I had to choose a second, I guess it would be Falkon.

palemoon does the job for me

Vivaldi

Attached: Quad_Damage.jpg (356x350, 43K)

Old Firefox is the GOAT browser. Before fucking jewgle started paying agents to destroy it from within.

I actually like Opera very much

FF testing is pretty great if webrender is working on your hw.
Quick as a black tv thief.

I thought so too, until I started getting random pages with missing/malfunctioning elements and other CSS problems. I mean for fuck sake, the first time I load a board page on this site after starting the browser the stylesheets don't work, I just get a fucking white page with default black font until I refresh. No such issues on any Chrome variant or even Firefox. Suppose that's what you get when the dev is a furfag.

begone thot

links2* (-g option for graphics mode)
Sorry I didn't realize lynx was so outdated.

Firefox had google safebrowsing and defaulted to google search for years. It doesn't make the new browser bad, you can change all this in less than a minute.

non-free license which means no modification and or redistribute of the source aka freeware

Most of the essential add-ons no longer work. That's literally the entire draw of FF.

You have no idea what essential means. Only uBlock Origin is essential.

Firefoxu

Whatever comes pre-installed on Tails

What are these "essential add-ons" you speak of?

digdeeper.neocities.org/ghost/browsers.html
tldr; ungoogle-chromium

chrome
fast and simple

this

qutebrowser > icecat > firefox nightly > the rest

Browser = Ungoogled-Chromium
Rest = Botnet & Bloated & Virus

go home summerfriend

Attached: 1465619008918.jpg (625x626, 31K)

what's with this fucking ungoogled chromium shillposting
fuck off

Not them, but it's at least the best version of chrom* if that is what you want.

he’s been at it in several threads, the fun part is this kind of retardation is easy to spot from a distance.

Attached: 005BE087-4828-4178-B2AE-FEF41AF74C56.png (480x602, 372K)

Which browser uses the least RAM but isn't massively crippled in working as a web browser?

Attached: 1532910366993.png (707x1000, 565K)

qutebrowser

probably google chrome stable

Vivaldi

i love basically everything about that picture besides the armpit focus
it's a bummer i'm not interested in armpits in the slightest

Steam

if you actually touched a beautiful woman you might be interested. faggot virgin

Attached: 34739285-BC3F-478B-8466-69C3C0BEC4FA.jpg (1400x934, 294K)

You need to be at least 18 years old to visit this website.

For stability and security, always Chromium.

curl

Safari m8. Also Jow Forums recommends using osx. Period. Always use Google and their ad shit en always put you're GPS on on you're device. Whick ofc should be an iPhone. There. All you're questions solved. Never use Linux to. That's garbage. And if someone says it's called gnu/Linux their terrorist who support isis.

Ameriacam idiot detected!!! Brave is no bad choice.

Falkon is a pretty good lightweight browser. Comes with an integrated adblocker, cookie manager and also allows the usage of scripts via Greasemonkey.

Google Chrome is pretty good

Attached: waterfox.png (725x326, 48K)

What's the point of water for when stable has official 64bit client now

Firefox just werks and is kinda unpopular now, so it's the best choice for Jow Forums. If you're a normie, then pick Chrome.

Because some autists believes, that Firefox is botnet.

Go away shill.

I'm having different issues where everything works right after an update, but then a little while later almost every webpage that's not some Alexa Top 100 site like Twitter starts malfunctioning, particularly with buttons not working. I actually jumped on Jow Forums today to ask if anyone else was also having issues with Pale Yiff, looks like I wasn't the only one.

Much like the other dude, I also haven't had these same issues when using Chrome, which I basically keep around as a "compatibility" browser since it's a place where Google Docs, which I needed for college a few years ago, is guaranteed to work 100% of the time, given your connection to the internet is reliable. Does Jow Forums have any go-to Chromium forks for Windows that aren't botnets and that are also secure?

Ungoogled Chromium, but why not try Waterfox or Basilisk instead?

firefox has always been the best
chrome is botnet
and the rest are memes

specially brave, if you're using brave just kill yourself

>complain about botnet
>firefox is best
pick one

I'm going to give you a genuine response despite people in this thread saying that people suggesting Ungoogled Chromium are shills

>Ungoogled Chromium
idk what this is since I haven't been on Jow Forums in a good while and am behind on the current memes

>Waterfox
I had to read up about this one on Wikipedia for a bit because I wanted to see if it has anything on Firefox other than "Firefox but 64-bit" which is why I never bothered with it back when I heard about it in 2011. Looks like the big meme with it now is that it's "Ungoogled Firefox"

>Basilisk
I'm trying to avoid Pale Moon's issues, not make them worse

>firefox has always been the best
I wish this statement was true

also, what did Brave do to you? Sure, it's still shit on desktop, but on mobile it pretty much "fixes" mobile Chrome

memes will meme

>ungoogled chromium
It's Chromium with all of Google's tentacles removed. Haven't used it myself but looks promising.
>waterfox
Ungoogled Firefox isn't a bad way of describing it, but it's also Unmozilla'd as well. The dev makes it a point to stay as close to Firefox as possible and only change what needs to be changed. Still supports legacy extensions btw.
>basilisk
I've tried it and it works fine. It's also pretty much FF56 since that's Moonfurry's new base for future Pale Meme versions.

All of them are fine, but going from Pale Moon to Waterfox or Basilisk wouldn't be as much of an adjustment since your extensions and shit will carry over.

Go away shill.

I like Pale Moon

The web browser that is integrated into steam is the only correct answer.

>It's also pretty much FF56 since that's Moonfurry's new base for future Pale Meme versions
That kinda worries me. I was one of the people that switched to Pale Poo because all my UI extensions died when Firefox switched to Australis and broke everything. I'm going to assume you made a typo and meant FF56 is the base for Basilisk.

Considering how the only extensions I use now are uBlock Origin, some random screenshot taker, and a cookie editor for sad panda, I think abandoning pre-Australis in Firefox forks is a non-issue for me now though.

Does Jow Forums X work with all these obscure browsers? I've always preferred Safari over Firefox solely for the aesthetics. Well also like 6 years ago Firefox kept updating but then it hadn't actually updated so I was on a 2 year-old version that kept prompting me about updates, and the skeuomorphism was too high for the rest of my computer so I stopped using it because safari just werks. Anyway, if there's a good browser with better shit than safari that actually looks half-decent then I'll go for it. Qute looks ok, I much prefer the vertical tab dividers to the slanted ones.

Now LTspice gives me the same problem as Firefox did, it keeps downloading the dmg for the next version, but since the dmg it downloads has the exact same version in it it just gets stuck downloading the dmg over and over again. LT's manual download link is the same, out-of-date dmg of the one that the auto-downloader fetches, even though there are apparently newer compatible versions.

Iridium?

*cough* Looking Glass *cough* *cough*

Basilisk is a separate browser. Basilisk is going to be the base of Pale Moon as well, but Pale Moon will keep its interface. It's a long-ass project for him and his band of autists tho, so I don't have much hope.

>Does Jow Forums X work with all these obscure browsers?
Most of these "obscure" browsers are forks so if it's supported in the original the fork should handle it as well.

after the last 52.x.x esr for firefox, i heard people talking about how good waterfox was and now i have that

Is there a family tree of browsers?

qutebrowser has greasemonkey support so you can add any script you want

Literally most JavaScript APIs won't work on this.

UC Browser

Emacs

Attached: 3485px-Timeline_of_web_browsers.svg.png (3485x2580, 396K)

the logo

There is literally nothing wrong with Firefox Quantum.

"muh SJWs" is not an argument.

Why do you constantly ask this question that has been answered dozens of times already. Go the fuck away.

it broke all the good extensions

SeaMonkey, at least before it swtiches to quantum.
palemoon is still usable for everything you would expect of a "modern browser" but it doesnt have that comfy semenkey ui.
>not majorly crippled
if you count barely being able to display basic css/run js, then kmeleon and netsurf (for nonx86 hardware, the intel port sucks balls)
not that lightweight, and its greasemonkey is really broken for 4chanx
>current meme
its an ancient one, summerfag
>waterfox, basilisk
cyeberfox is 1000x better than either and less of a meme
telemetry, advertisements, propaganda, proprietary codecs, propretary drm, proprietary preinstalled, unremovable extensions, anti features (loop, hello, installing advertisment/spyware without consent [mr robot], webgl/webcl/canvas, google safebrowsing...)
its just the tip of the iceberg.
you can dig as muhas you like into the about:config to try to neuter it, but theres always more shit out there that is not well known.
plenty of people dont care a rats ass about privacy, but still hate mozilla fornhe shitty ui changes, gutting of features (they are about to kill off rss) and loss of customizability.
>muh sjw