Blockchain usecase

There is no actual usecase for a blockchain. Proof me wrong

Attached: blocks-2.jpg (1300x811, 96K)

It's useful for scamming retards out of their money.

Attached: 1531301937807.jpg (1024x998, 134K)

Crypto cats. Taking control for the government

Just the buzzword of 2017

Honestly, OPs not wrong. For most purposes a google doc or a publicly posted Excel sheet would do just fine.

DHT > blockchain

Finance and gaming. That's it.

Dihydrotestosterone?

Explain to me how an excel sheet or google doc would result in people hosting nodes for trustless decentralized SAAS?

For example, how are you going to to use an excel sheet or google doc to provide a decentralized computing service like ETH does or a decentralized storage solution, or a decentralized VPN service, etc...?

distributed hash table

Blockchain has a use case, it's just an extremely niche use case. The hype is coming from people wanting to use it for purposes where existing solutions are vastly superior. The same thing happened with NoSQL databases. A bunch of retards hyped that shit before everyone figured out "oh hey, it turns out most data is relational after all and ACID compliance actually fucking matters".

fpbp

Is a DHT not just one of the foundational requirements for a blockchain, though? You can't just say "my foundation is better than my house". You don't have something useful without both.

There is use, when you don't want the network to have any owner, and when you know that everybody is a potential asshole. Block chain is the only solution.

>extremely niche
>trustless SAAS
Pick one

There is a big usecase: steal money from stupid faggots.

blockchain is how you escape the botnet and jews stealing your shekels

blockchain is only intrinsically useful for cryptocurrency. Applying it to anything outside of that is a meme.

It's useful for the case when you need to transfer value without a trusted intermediary.

If you think there is always a trusted intermediary, you are more hopelessly naive than the most starry eyed blockchain cheerleader.

Git uses blockchain.

What about state machines? Lets say we have a list of nodes with configuration data and you can use the BC to track changes made?

tard

>he doesn't know what blockchain actually is
We aren't talking about distributed ledgers here user.

So oracles are a meme

>bitcoin
>digital art

but otherwise yes

This.

I'm honestly not sure how viable blockchains are for anything other than cryptocurrencies, but reading crypto whitepapers is really fun. Even if they'll never be widely adopted, the concepts of user-coins like ZCash or Monero are just so cool. Similarly, the concept behind Ethereum and other Turing-complete smart contract blockchains is also exciting, even if it will not amount to anything more than some virtual cats in the nearest future.