Be 25 year old engineering student

>be 25 year old engineering student
>studying for over 5 years and only 70% of credits finished with bad grades due to procrastination and lack of interest
>begin to realize that true passion is programming
>worthless on the job market without degree, portfolio and experience
How do I turn this train wreck of a life around? I hate studying. I just want to have an interesting job.

Attached: 994a2c76-s.jpg (480x480, 42K)

get a degree, make a portfolio and get some experience
easy bro just b urself

>make a portfolio
What sort of programming portfolio would you even need? How do you show off a programming portfolio?

Attached: Nao-Of-Brown-1.jpg (550x477, 98K)

Github

In which fields do they hire engineers as programmers?
>easy bro just b urself
I hate myself.

Is there a better language to learn to start off with than C#? I just finished Uni on a programming course, and they really didn't teach me much and I was too into the Uni experience to realise I was wasting my time. I've programmed shit, but I really don't think I've escaped the tutorial mindset. What's the best way to learn Object Orientated Programming, for example?

Attached: 1531304873780.jpg (650x500, 46K)

all of them. programming is for modelling reality, so you can apply your programming knowledge on top of your engineering knowledge
you could start by telling your potential employers what your knowledge and experience is. show them some examples of stuff you have done, as say

lmao are you me?
7 years here and only 5 credits left (1 class)
if I fail this project I´m doing due to 6 August the'll kick me out

>Be 23 years old software engineer
>Start building portfolio and networking at 22
>First job as a webmaster. The payment is not that good but anyway, every recent graduated has to work almost for free at first.
>One year later i built a good portfolio including 5 big websites, developed sysadmin and server management skills
>Send resume to different companies
>Get hired in a major city in my country
>Great payment
>Great work environment and coworkers
>mfw im the youngest in the entire building
>mfw im 23

Life is good.

They should kick out anyone who takes more than 4.5 years. Do you dumb shits think that companies will let you fuck up that much or fuck around for that long? The fact that universities let people do this just shows how garbage the current state of undergrad education is.

What the fuck kind of garbage instution let you graduate without getting over tutorial level? How does one graduate without learning objects?

What the fuck kind university did you attend? What degree?

CS. Like, I have a basic learning of them all, but it still feels very tutorial level imo.

What languages did you use to make your portfolio projects and what kind of websites are they?

I work for an electronics company and many of the engineers use labview for automation which is visual programming

This is me, but I'm 22. Did it even younger than you, haha fucker.

PHP and Java basically.

Learn Laravel and Wordpress. They're amazing for freelance work. Laravel has a lot of demand in companies and almost the entire web uses WordPress.

Fuck you, respect your elders.

Just not knowing about classes and stuff after a cs degree seems odd. I'm going to evergreen state and I learned all that stuff in the first course I took

>friend did it at 16
reeeee

Wait a month or so until a new fantasy career catches your attention.
All the dick-waving by amateur coders will subside soon. Reality is a harsh mistress.
Can I suggest amateur gynocology as a fill-in passtime?

5 years is the average for a physics degree that should take 3 years at my uni, half the people drop out after the first one.
look at the classes left, make a timetable and tackle the individual credits. i've been there and the hardest thing is actually trying and sticking with it instead of doubting yourself and your choices. depression is a bitch and most others will just try to take advantage of your perceived weakness.
that should be motivation enough to finish.
other than that, just apply, go to those job fairs universities usually have and give them your cv for a starter position in something you find interesting.

I started programming when I was 12, so it's not a phase.

>They should kick out anyone that can't afford to go during the summer and has to take 5 years because of it.

no clue.
same age, been a neet the last 6 years after graduating with shit grades (physics ba)
i want to kms all the time, i onpy dont cause i feel sorry fpr my family.

jus b urself :)

if all else fails, do webdev