Tfw didnt get the job

tfw didnt get the job

Attached: sad-pepe-bed.jpg (500x421, 19K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KxGRhd_iWuE
pastebin.com/AGAjD2Jf
youtu.be/DZYXleNfqc0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It's okay user, just give it another shot next time.

Attached: 1519501708611.png (689x473, 97K)

>tfw didn't even apply for the job because of crippling lack of self-esteem

youtube.com/watch?v=KxGRhd_iWuE

>apply for big name tech company
>get recruiter callback, feel happy with myself
>talks about what the actual interview process is like
>start hyperventilating
I'm a hack fraud, I should have stuck to premed instead of following my interests.

Attached: 1520134745156.jpg (720x518, 34K)

If you are actually interested in your field you are already more competent than the majority who just settled.

>premed

Attached: 1515820665289.jpg (480x319, 22K)

*helps you get the job*

Attached: 51l5XzLln%2BL._SX348_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg (350x499, 39K)

>tfw never felt this feel, because never """really""" got rejected for any job i applied for
I did get rejections by mail, but any job i got an invitation for an interview i passed

Same here bro

>tfw got rejected for internship

Attached: 87651273.png (409x272, 235K)

>get a job in my fathers company
>12 hours a day 7 days a week
>pay is minimal since im a novice and living under his roof
>do any and all his petty errands by duty of being his son
>cant quit
>any suggestion for improving workflow gets response "you can do it when you have your own company"

you guys don't know what hell is

>working for family
quit you faggot

So work somewhere else, genius.

Look at it this way, at least you have something to put on your CV

If you're good and they rejected you, their recruitment process is bad and the team is probably bad. Therefore you dodged a bullet

he will never respect you until you quit and make something on your own

>"you can do it when you have your own company"
Which will be when your old man retires or dies.
I dunno what's to complain about, to be honest. Your dad is taking care of you and not the other way around.
>family of four, imouto 10 years younger than me, mother who's only qualified to be a housewife
>dad decides to up and quit his job last may to go back home
>he was earning 115k a year
>decent money considering he's a literal boomer with zero (0) CS education and a background in corporate sales
>have absolutely no savings as a family and about 85k of mortgage payments to make
>about to graduate in december
>complete fucking dumbass and a spaghetti spiller, no real friends to speak of, a cyborg in the true sense of the word
>couldn't land an internship on my own, my dad had to help me out back in 2015
>been working there for 2.5 years or so
>cctober of last year, get an offer from the internship
>offer was absolute crap, salary that was way below the average for my university and state
>scramble around for two months and somehow manage to get an offer for 92k
>been working full-time since January
>still living at home
>paying mortgage, losing a fuckton on taxes and insurance, having little left over for myself
>people my age have flown the coop to enjoy their lives, no care in the fucking world except for themselves
>have to restrict all my job searches to a 50 mile radius so I don't end up homeless
>absolutely bumfuck happening around me
>have to stick with this until my sister graduates from college, at the very least, so another 12 years or so
>as mentioned before, too much of a spaghetti spiller to have my own life
>I've literally become a stand-in for my dad
>mom and sister have the same complaints about me that they have about my dad
>things like, "you get too angry", "you don't care about anything except yourself", etc
The thing is, no one /gets/ their dad. It's just how dads are. No one understands the shit they deal with until they do it.

His company will end the second he retires.
I don't want that to happen.
Its one thing to build on top of solid foundation and another from the ground.
It is what it is and you have a point.

>tfw got the job
>won't have as much free time anymore
>won't have to spend 85% of my day solving captchas anymore

Attached: retard.jpg (1000x712, 68K)

tfw getting fired tomorrow.

Attached: 1524440210486.jpg (660x680, 55K)

It's a promotion.

why

Visited Jow Forums at work.

lmao

Attached: PROMOTED.jpg (200x229, 6K)

Wait, you're paying the mortgage and taxes on the house your parents own because of your father's decision to stop working? Find a room to rent on Craigslist (even in San Francisco, you can find a place to just have a roof over your head for ~$700/mo.) and just get out of there.

tfw couldn't take pajeet's curry smell everyday and quit my job

>tfw got a job

Attached: 1530664021434.jpg (680x510, 139K)

is it bad to follow up an interview with an email asking when they will make the decision to hire you or not? I forgot to ask during the interview.

if they didnt already tell you during interview that means they dont want you

I have a bad news for you.

none of the previous jobs i have had hired me on the spot during an interview. I've never heard of someone getting hired on the spot like that...for IT jobs anyway...

Seems like they ruled out you.
>I've never heard of someone getting hired on the spot like that...for IT jobs anyway...
A german company wanted linux sperglords for their cloud. They are so rare, they would like to hire any hobo from the streets who know how to write a shell script. They rejected me, because my autism was too much for them.

Best to thank them for the interview and ask. Kind of autistic as you should have thanked them in person and asked then, but it isn't a big deal.

The anons saying you don't have the job aren't necessarily correct, I interviewed last Tuesday, they didn't mention anything about the next stages or when they'd be making a decision, simply showed me the door. They called me up that Thursday and gave me the job.

>tfw got a job where I barely have to work out of 8 hours even though I didn't apply for any

I thanked them and all that. I'm not a complete autist. I'm just anxious because now I have to wait and I hate waiting.

Don't give up user.

Cheer up user. Most reasons for not being hired are not technical. They wont someon ethey can work with 5 days a week, for the next 5 years without killing somebody. Culture fit is super important because if you cant work with people, nothing will get done. your body will refuse to work.

Have a read of this expose' on valve. IF you get interviewed by peer workers, suddenly you have to worry about not looking as good as them. THey cant say that if you follow up though so they make up some bs excuse like need more exp.

What I'm trying to say user is, don't stop believing in yourself just because some bs hierarchy doesn't accept you. there are dozens(!) of hierarchies.

pastebin.com/AGAjD2Jf

Attached: 1484381250688.gif (160x160, 997K)

> Quitting tomorrow
captchas and depression here i go!

Attached: 1491844350748.gif (400x225, 772K)

I can't understand most of your sperging but if you're trying your best and people don't appreciate it you cut them out of your life. It's that simple. Might be a little scary at first but you can survive on your own.
Internalizing everything until it bubbles over is no way of living your life.

>not waiting until your coworkers are on holiday to quit so you cause maximum disruption

Attached: 1486551489538.jpg (1528x1530, 188K)

This desu

>quit
>start your own company as a competitor
>put him out of business
>make him work for you

same, but haven't got fired yet

>tfw got the job

Attached: 4.png (112x112, 21K)

if youre working IT, what are the chances your managers actually look at what you're viewing? Do they just know which sites you are on or are they actually watching your screen? Visiting Jow Forums at work doesn't seem too bright.

He has a little sister though. I understand it, I'm in the same situation. Parents are shitheads who deserve to be faced with the consequences of their behavior, but unfortunately that would drag down my little sister as well into the inevitable spiral of homelessness. So I stay and put all of my earnings into keeping the household afloat for a few years longer until I can get her into college (preferably somewhere far away).

Family (the good ones, at least) comes first, user. Always.

>apply for a job
>they pull out the whiteboard
>completely forget all my syntax
>just pseudo-code then do a sloppy version of my code and explain my reasoning, hoping it's enough

why does this happen

Attached: 1493995607280.png (300x900, 441K)

Going on Jow Forums at all at work is fucking stupid.

Better yet, why the fuck isn't it blocked anyway? What kind of clown runs your filters/firewall. Should be sacked, fucking muppet.

>forget Java syntax
>forget how to insertion sort
>spend 30 minutes struggling to get anything to work
I-It's not like I didn't graduate with a CS bachelor's, only to sit around and apply to several jobs for several months, before someone finally contacts me.

>I want to have a rope around my neck at work!
>I like that my boss doesn't trust me to allocate my time properly!
>I have no self control, please block my internet!
The absolute state of millennials.

>Letting the plebs in the office roam free with the internet

You dumb fuck, go back to working at KFC.

>someone asks about a subject I know a lot about at work
>stutter through my answer
>5 minutes later think about the perfect answer

lack of exposure

>tfw hate my job

>tfw going into senior year in a field you hate

It’s hard to get excited about spreadsheets and data

Attached: 7FA78BF9-79C0-4514-9847-0130D2F72ABE.jpg (708x480, 37K)

Get some beta-blockers like propranolol. They stop your body producing adrenaline (amongst other things I'm sure) for 2-3 hours and make you impervious to anxiety or nervousness. You can be in a high pressure situation (e.g. a job interview or a public presentation) and speak easily, clearly and without looking like a shaking sperg.

Attached: nikki.jpg (640x480, 200K)

iktf

>Have good examples answers before going in
>Q they ask is the perfect set up
>don;t stick to the plan, splurt some weak ass example that tells them nothing
>get interrupted halfway though the answer.

Hold me

Attached: 1519260033128.gif (300x200, 1.14M)

real talk, data is the shit, I work on an analytics dashboard for the healthcare industry and this shit fucking rocks

>tfw trying to get a better job than being a wagecuck barista
>been so busy I haven't had any time to answer phone calls the very few i get
Kill me pls

tfw got the job and am qualified for it,
but now they're putting me on a stack I have no experience with and it makes me hate myself

>hate my job
>it's some extremely niche firmware shit, so my experience here is irrelevant to the rest of the tech world
>everyone tells me to learn web/apps/ML because it's more relevant
>hate that shit even more than what I'm doing now
>tfw stuck here forever

Attached: it's all so tiresome.png (632x852, 47K)

>get calls from old college buddies one after the other
>ignore them all
I just cant deal with them at this period

>soon(ish) done with stupid tech management education
>can go work on ships, oil rigs, power plants, whatever
>not looking forward to it at all right now
Hold me Jow Forums. The thought of having actual responsibilities js spooky af. Maybe I'll just go into sales.

Attached: 1fe.png (658x662, 59K)

>sales

Attached: D8CRtMS.jpg (374x374, 39K)

>tfw interview for data eng this wednesday
>interviewer is a massive “girls in tech!” kind of woman
>my competition is 7 girls ranging from fresh grads to industry vets and 2 pajeets

I don’t even know why I’m bothering to go to this interview, but fuck it. It’ll be more experience for me I guess. Gotta keep grinding and trying, nothing just falls into your lap.

Yeah, I heard that some people do that. Might be more consultancy than sales, but idk. Probably won't do it though.

me

Lol dude sales are way worse. It's easy to pass off responsibility in IT or compsci but you wont get promoted. If you fail at sales you dont get paid for 3mo then you're out of a job

>"no experience required"
okay cool
>have to write a motivational letter
>i have to explain why am i the best guy for the position, what are my dreams and goals, and how i can contribute to the team
>have to have a busy linkedin and github
>all this for an unpaid summer internship
not cool

imagine this but not being related to the owner and also it's manual labor and sometimes 14+ hour days and they want you to work saturdays all the time and it's all fucked up and disorganized

It would be hard to pass off responsibilities when there is only one person above you and he's the captain.
But yeah, I'm not going to pretend to know how technical sales work at all. Probably not something I would be fit for anyway.

Attached: 1531797465826.jpg (319x331, 13K)

Was this the cause?

Attached: Star-Mobile-Porcelain-Whiteboard.jpg (1500x1500, 79K)

This! So many people hopped on software development recently because they heard you can make the big bucks and they have no passion for it. It really shows in their work. People that are passionate about usually do a better job.

That is usually most places. Not always, but most of the time.

In my experience, if we call you in it's because you've already met the qualifications, we just want to make sure you're not a sperg.

Just make up your own fake company and build a website for it along with making open source contributions to whatever you want to instead of interning over the summer. Most interns don't get to do shit anyway so you will probably learn more by doing the latter.

Attached: 1509405856296.jpg (495x636, 244K)

>TFW every time I go in I make the interviewer look like a joke so they never give good feedback
This is why I do opensource

Attached: C13A8C6F-5781-4CDB-AB33-3BF3EC3A7234.jpg (576x382, 72K)

While that story is obviously fake, only a fucking idiot would take an internship for less than $20/hour. And I say 20/hour as someone who lives in BFE midwest so adjust upward accordingly.

Anyone found some way to get useful feedback from an interview? I only ever get bullshit excuses and legitimately want to know what I could improve on.

>get the job
>don't even want to work

:(

>tfw 50k is more than enough for myself because i have no aspirations in life but already feeling lifestyle envy and inadequacy and looking for next job

>following my interests
Trust me if you're following your interests then you are already better than at least 60 percent of people who are just retards who don't give a shit about their field of work. I'm sure you will find a job if you keep applying man.

Attached: 1530325885145.gif (250x251, 999K)

Same 2bh

>sent out 60+ applications
>only one invited for interview didn't get the job because I didn't know their development stack
>I could learn what they use for a week but obviously there is someone who already knows it. oh well.
Frustrating, although I've only been applying to remote work because I hate commuting so much.

Recruitment processes EVERYWHERE are fucking TERRIBLE.

Totally legit, not joking list of rejection reasons I have been given from different businesses over the years:
- too intelligent
- too available (for a casual shiftwork job)
- attitude too professional
- too passionate and too much initiative

t. perpetually-and-inexplicibly-unemployed

After 8 years in IT, I decided to throw the towel and start my own business in a non tech industry.

this, it helped me a lot

>knowing who the other candidates are
group interview? That's a red flag

mfw my dad told me I would make 80k out of college
>10 years experience and never broke 80k

>tfw landed a job only because my mom's the head accountant there and now I have low self esteem issues and urge to prove myself by working extra hard and am now sweating over every small mistake.

Attached: DKcU3b5UIAAQxrb[1].jpg (1000x563, 69K)

Attached: aMA15GW_700b[1].jpg (700x1031, 67K)

What kind of business?

>interview day after tomorrow
oh god lads

To all Jow Forums mental ill ppl remember it is all the right aditude if u wants to get crack interview nd hired.
Below video will guide you
youtu.be/DZYXleNfqc0