Why does Jow Forums have watch threads? Why wear a fucking watch when smartphones exist...

Why does Jow Forums have watch threads? Why wear a fucking watch when smartphones exist? Do you enjoy looking like an autist?

>inb4 muh fashion/status
Just fucking lol if you believe this. Even a rolex does nothing for a 4/10 neckbeard. You're just a faggot spending money on garbage. Idiot.

Attached: 999999999.jpg (250x241, 7K)

Technology is fashion.

This is a board for people to enjoy talking about technology. Watches' technology is interesting. Watches are nice. Not everything derives its value from practical usability, sometimes you just like things for no apparent reason. Not everyone is a 4/10 neckbeard, your argument is flawed.

And fashion is cope for subhumans.
>woooooow look at that guy, he's a 5'6 balding chinless manlet subhuman but...... he has a tie and a rolex! OMG CHAD!
Said no one ever.

Jewelry is nice to wear. We’ve been doing it since the biblical times or some shit.

You’re not causing a “revolution against shiny metal things” by refusing to wear a watch and making shitpost a like this on Jow Forums. It’s just a nice thing to wear. Chances are you have bought a $1000 slab of shiny metal that makes phone calls partly to show off anyway. See? Still fashion. Just reallocated somewhere else. Displays of wealth statistically attracts slightly more women so you can fuck them, because they’re naturally looking for a stable 20-year meal ticket on a ring.

Yet another mocking and venting thread disguised as discussion.

Go to reddit

>2 clocks

watches are both tech and fashion, I don't really care which board they go

Ironically you are the one who looks like an autist for having such a strong opinion on something that you allegedly don't care for.

A watch is a piece of jewellery that serves a function. Pretty fucking simple. They look good on handsome men who stay in shape, so I can understand why you have such an unusual hatred for them, you giant sweaty disaster.

>Why wear a fucking watch when smartphones exist?
wrist watches are vastly more convenient than fucking smartphones.
you think I want to get my phone out of my backpocket while riding my bike? (I can, but it's ridiculously more cumbersome than just looking at my wrist)

but you're right of course that watch threads are retarded. I generally just ignore them like kpop threads, as I simply dont understand the appeal

consumerism / retardation
people like this >Jewelry is nice to wear

as if modern electronics aren't the most prolific and harmful form of consumerism

>If you want discussion instead of countless useless threads made by an angry venting basedboy you should go to reddit!!

>Why wear a fucking watch when smartphones exist?
Because pulling out your phone whenever you need to see the time or use a timer/stopwatch isn't always convenient but wearing a watch on your wrist is.

This. I have a lot of tasks/times and meetings to keep track of and it would be a pain in the arse without a watch

i honestly don't like having my phone on me if i didn't need it. it's just a distraction

A watch isn't what makes you look like an autist

I don't want to reach into my pocket to grab a light and slippery device, then position my hand just right to click the button, then wait a second or two, then repeat in reverse order. You have to be some type of schizo to do all that.

You have to be retarded to consider it a difficult task

No, I consider it a menial and unnecessary one. People drop their phones very often because of this and then buy fucking cast iron cases.

>This is a board for people to enjoy talking about technology.

This is a board for people who enjoy talking about consumer products.

>he angrily mashes out on his mechanical keyboard

Those thread are just full of post your watch and rate. People also shit on every watch that is not 3000+ dollars. Those threads are f cancer. The mechanical watch industry is f cancer. Oh you want an accurate watch? Better pay 5000 for Cosc :^). NO? How about this shitty quartz 200$ watch that can't even get the fucking day right every month. Has shity as quarts glass, has shit design, is FUCK huge because LMAO BIG watches, great status symbol bruh

Watches turned into hot garbage unironically.