>fast as C
not "faster"

>What is your excuse?
java pays the bills

But doesn't it kill the soul?

springboot keeps me sane

> I'll do the logo

>coding

Attached: disgustang.jpg (1280x720, 34K)

> end
> end
> end
why the fuck do people still do this?

>What is your excuse?
I'm already gay, thanks though.

actor based programming will never be the norm for modelling your applications. Let's face it fa/g/gots, C based syntax + protocol based behaviours + single binary has won the game.

Look at Go, Rust, JS all that faggotery. People have been learning OO based application modelling for years and that won't stop.

When you are crippled during your learning stage, you will never understand languages such as this one

1. The memory management story is still unfolding.
2. Doesn't give you the control as C++ provides. Can you pass by reference, use move semantics?
3. No GUI library. This is important for me.

I value my free time.

muh pascal syntax

Where on the website or docs did you see any reference to actor-based programming? I think you're getting confused with some other meme-lang
References are just glorified pointers, which crystal has

As someone who has written an aprox. 3.5k LoC sized interpreter in it: It is unfinished. Simple as that. And not just the garbage collector. It may be enough for web frameworks, but then again, what isn't.

> }
> }
> }
why the fuck do people still do this?

And what do you like, indentation?

>Lets make a programming language but lets not reuse any of the commonly known syntax!
I hate devs who try to be original with syntax so much

I tried crystal, did their little tutorials and stuff. It seems alright, it's just sorely lacking in community and libraries.

I like its syntax, even if it's a little weird. Non-nullable types are awesome, and I think the pascal-esque "end" syntax matches the rest of the lang's style quite nicely.

i like indentation

forgot pic
this kind of indentation, specifically

Attached: 7a9b2ef.jpg (849x1200, 139K)

The amber framework is nice, much better than fucking rails.

Also when is crypto support coming?

Wrote a basic compiler in crystal. The syntax is nice, it has dynamic dispatch and easy C bindings so I could pull my own libraries in. I also wrote a couple of small websites in it. It's neat

scenario when youd use crystal? what is it good for?

I'm actually trying it out for a web app with the amber framework. Looks nice for a fairly new language actually. Not enough doc but oh well it's not like it has been out for years (*cough cough* Xcode *cough cough*).

Does this fill the same niche as rust?

Your favorite language Ruby is dying and you could learn a real language but you'd rather just continue guzzling semen and learn Ruby with static types instead.

It uses a garbage collector.

>yet another garbage collected language
when will it end