> go on chan: "lol cs major? fkn brainlet"

well ???

Attached: bruh.jpg (640x610, 41K)

lol cs major? fkn brainlet

akarin!

>cs is the most dropped major. it attracts lazy stupid slobs who can't hack it

We have very high standards. The average person is retarded by our metrics, and should be euthanized according to some here. Most reddit posters are such people.

The normie vs computer autist perspective

both are true.

Cs is the most normie major to elect to do other than maybe premed. Every single brainlet does it.

"People" on /sci/ have the preconceived idea that CS is trivial and doesn't involve any math. Problem is the presence of numerical methods, abstract algebra, real analysis and probability theory which proves them wrong. Not only that, but sooner or later, they realize that EE and math majors just can't program for shit.

So instead they decided to believe that CS is CE without the good things (robotics, cybersec, math and compiler design). What they don't realize is that even if this was accurate, most people who describe themselves as CS majors would be CE majors (but equivocation allows them to ignore this). Also, this wouldn't change anything to the fact math and physics majors are ass-unemployable.

Of course if you brainlets go to PythonSchools with 0 maths it will be easy.

Attached: RUNSTEM_kids_learn_how_to_code_animations_and_program_3D_games_large.jpg (480x360, 23K)

High level math majors get picked up by Wall Street btw. Also stop joking to yourself. Cs requires no math.

>High level math majors get picked up by Wall Street btw.
>implying you will

>We have very high standards.
spotted the brainlet

CS is literally math

>reddit
>shitty uneducated opinions and shitposts will be hidden after receiving the downvotes they deserve

>Jow Forums
>shitty uneducated opinions and shitposts get the same attention and exposure as valid posts

Everyone drops out because CS education is largely a meme. The reason fizzbuzz exists is that majoring in CS doesn't guarantee that you can actually program. And if you can't grok programming, you can't really understand any of the theory either.

I dropped out of CS after a year and my introductory course was taught by a guy who had done his PhD on FAQs. As in Frequently Asked Questions. PhD. On FAQs.

Also my student tutor had to retake the introductory Java programming course four times. I could have passed that course when I was 10.

>I dropped out of CS after a year and my introductory course was taught by a guy who had done his PhD on FAQs. As in Frequently Asked Questions. PhD. On FAQs.

What bottom of the barrel school was this?

*Laughs audibly* An undergraduate bachelor of arts degree in computer science? You are certainly lacking the necessary mental capacity to tackle challenging majors.

I've seen CS majors who can't program anything, I've seen CS majors who have never heard of linux. I'm pretty sure that outside of the top schools CS is for retards.

fizzbuzz is not just a meme, most CS retards fail at the very basic interview questions.

Attached: computer in the trash.gif (524x276, 2.53M)

Helsinki University

Attached: 1532934666995.png (819x716, 563K)

hello, dev with math degree from a top uni working at a big bank here. CS niggers can't compete, only one dev in my team has a CS degree

Answered myself, I guess I'm the fkn brainlet now

>I dropped out of CS after a year and my introductory course was taught by a guy who had done his PhD on FAQs. As in Frequently Asked Questions. PhD. On FAQs.
Can I see his thesis?

What languages do you use?

This was over a decade ago, I don't remember anything anymore

>University where Linus Torvalds was in
hmm

Could I get a good programming job with just community college and experience?

No

You should be banned for this. You're a bitch.

Yes, go for it

inb4 he's just a monkey exploited to maintain Perl clusterfuck

This, the chan is full of outcasts

>And if you can't grok programming, you can't really understand any of the theory either.
>implying you need programming for CS
t. Aalto U

I guess you can always do your PhD on FAQs

CS major is alright, I guess, but Linux colonel is much better.

Attached: 1531261022037.jpg (1280x720, 124K)

>working at a big bank

lmfao so you're retarded? I had job offers from 4 different banks and insurance companies when I graduated undergrad but I turned them all down to go to graduate school because developing for a bank is boring as fuck and as much as you like to pretend, you don't do anything cutting edge. Biggest bank I had an offer from was Citi, where do you work?

As someone who has to grade a lot of CS major programming homework I can tell you some are pretty talented and know exactly what they're doing. Well, compared to a lot of the others who are borderline retards, some are worse at programming than EEs. I am surprised some even got to the senior level if they can't use a pointer. Oh, and that is excluding the 40% who just fucking cheat.

I am not CS but I wonder if the divide between the useful and the useless is actually this wide all across the field.

CS is the new Business major, aka. the default major for teens with no aspirations. Math is the new CS. Fine arts are solid choices, STEM is saturated both with talent and shit.

These are facts.

Attached: 1511754868700.jpg (1200x1200, 434K)

CS is the refuge of brainless gaymers.

>These are facts.
Wow great argument fagtron, you really convinced me with those hot opinions

this site is a cesspool of assholes, don't come here for serious advice

If we talk about cs or other major, it depends.

else if we talk about cs major or no major. I would pick major. I was thinking about it and if you are in a workplace and you are not the best fucking programme in the world. There will be people with skills like you or on almost the same level, and if someone is going to be picked for promotion they need to pick by something. SO it is better to pick guys with major and same skills. Also in some big companies, they would rather pick someone with higher education and lower skills.

it's easy and fun but i still dropped out because i'm a lazy piece of shit

You're delusional if you think CS is the hardest major. It's basically simplified math.

>the default major for teens with no aspirations
well fuck u 2 buddy, i'm not aspirationless, i just don't have direction (because there's to many directions for me to take), so i defaulted on CS because its got mad profits, i'm good at it, and i want to be at the forefront of the UNIX revolution.

cold fusion

go hack the gibson, retard.

>dumb reddit frogposter gets 56 (+1) upvotes

Attached: 1528893653434.jpg (570x570, 44K)

i don't need to, i hacked your mom :)

fite me

>i'm good at it, and i want to be at the forefront of the UNIX revolution
That was like 45-35 years ago bro

I could break you in two, with my bare hands!!

i mean the other one that's still coming.

>we

I work at an engineering company and the intern that was taking CS got made fun of so much he left.

There's not a person alive who has said it's hard. When they say hard they mean time consuming.

Sounds like a faggot.

made me smile

Also get the fuck off reddit. The people there arent good for you, unless you are looking to be told lies just to make you feel better while not improving on your situation.

>reddit
home of the brainlet

>intern can't handle a little banter
weed out the weak

>Cs is the most normie major to elect to do other than maybe premed
Maybe if you're entering college now. When I did it 10 years ago every person was a total social outcast.

Attached: 1533002845933.jpg (3024x4032, 1.62M)

i just came to this, who is she?

1) it's a he
2) it's a professional league of legends player who "ironically" dresses like that

In Europe we have Informatics which is CS + applied maths. Now THAT's a real major.

I go to a top 5 STEM university and we all agree that cs majors are brainlets. The actual smart kids study math or physical sciences

Go back.

Good job

Attached: 31893884264_4fede49b45_b.jpg (1024x768, 154K)

I dropped out because I am indeed a brainlet. I suck at life, I need to end it soon

>go on Reddit

Attached: 1526282246043.jpg (400x489, 35K)

people on reddit downplay their achievements or overinflate how hard something is to get pity points. people here don't give a fuck because there is no incentive to.

Hello, platform engineer with CS degree from top uni working at a hedge fund here. Math niggers and physishits can't compete, all devs in my team have CS degree.
Also, i had mandatory course on motivic homotopy theory in grad, CS has as much math as you want it to have.

Attached: 3828ae7566c4b0727ab8f60fe1aec83d.jpg (630x943, 202K)

There has to be a differentiation between cs degrees at top tier unis and ones at bottom of the barrel, trash ones. While /sci/ and other cs critics are correct about the second case, this simply isn t true for the first one, as math is heavily ingrained into the curriculum and the workload is much more complex than simple fizzbuzz and other shit.

The problem is for the scam unis that give you a cs diploma but students barely have basic knowledge after finishing heir 4 year degree. If you can t get into a good uni to atudy cs you would be better of not studying at uni at all.

> go on chan: "lol cs major? fkn brainlet"
This is just SEM majors who are butthurt about webdevs making 3x more money than them.

Attached: 1494362109527.jpg (759x715, 86K)

I went to "top" cs program and it wasn't that crazy, I assume almost every school has significant portion who just don't try/aren't that great.
Maybe it's different at place like Calech.

It is that wide across all fields.

Attached: 1531760464371.jpg (396x263, 15K)

/thread

People do it here too user for those (you)s.

stay in reddit brainlet

CS is over-rated. Study Robotics. Aboard the Engineering meme.

Attached: WAMM_tAg0gfSx52yxa1LSMlbn-QCfebk6vW-2HjciYc.jpg (960x686, 48K)

CS is mid-tier in STEM when it comes to difficulty.

Probably awful teaching is the reason why people think it is far harder than it is.

>engineering
Unless you are making drones or something that requires clearance, you will be dealing with the same shit as any dev or IT related role.

Attached: 1531839141453.png (441x623, 310K)