pcpartpicker.com/
>Learn how to build a PC
Search youtube for a build guide for your socket
>How to install Win7 on new CPUs
pastebin.com/TUZvnmy1

Want help?
>State the budget & CURRENCY for your build
>List your uses - e.g. Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors, include purpose (e.g. photo editing, gaming) and graphics card pairing (if applicable)
>Don't use Speccy, you retard. Use HWinfo, SIV, etc.

Overclocking
>Use PBO on Ryzen. Legacy overclocking is defunct on Ryzen 2#00X CPUs. youtube.com/watch?v=FC3fsVk9Sss

CPUs
>R3 2200G - Bare minimum gaming (dGPU optional)
>R5 2400G - Consider IF on sale
>R5 2600/X - Good gaming & multithreaded work use CPUs
>i7-8700K - Best for 1080p gaming, but most expensive when factoring in delid, high-end cooler, etc.
>R7 2700/X - Best high-end gaming/mixed usage on a non-HEDT platform
>Threadripper/Used Xeon - HEDT

Motherboards
>Only Z300 series Intel boards can utilize fast memory

RAM
>8GB - Enough for most gaming use
>16GB - Standard for heavy use
>32GB - If you have to ask, you don't need this much
>Current CPUs benefit from fast RAM; 2933MHz+ is ideal

Graphics cards
1080p
>RX 570/580 /w Freesync or 1060 6GB are standard 1080p 60fps+ options
>1050Ti or RX560 for lower settings 1080p, or older games
>GTX 1070Ti/Vega 56 if seeking higher fps & you have a CPU + monitor to match
1440p
>Vega 56 /w Freesync, 1070Ti if you already have Gsync
>GTX 1080Ti if seeking higher fps & you have a CPU + monitor to match
2160p(4K)
>Titan V
OpenCL work
>Vega 64

Storage
>Consider StoreMi
>Consider getting a larger SSD (better GB/$) instead of small SSD & large HDD
>2TB HDDs are barely more $ than 1TB
>M.2 is a form factor, NOT a performance standard

Monitors
>Always consider FreeSync with AMD cards
>Lock to 72fps on 144hz non-Gsync monitors with Nvidia cards to prevent tearing on more demanding games
>PLAN YOUR BUILD AROUND YOUR MONITOR IF GAMING

Previous:

Attached: 1526681397000.jpg (5184x3456, 3.15M)

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/list/RbNpmq
ca.pcpartpicker.com/product/V78H99/gskill-memory-f43000c14d16gtz
ca.pcpartpicker.com/product/4t3H99/asus-radeon-rx-vega-56-8gb-rog-strix-video-card-rog-strix-rxvega56-o8g-gaming
pcpartpicker.com/list/sCNyq4
pcpartpicker.com/list/6GJyq4
pcpartpicker.com/list/PMMPKB
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?item=N82E16811352084
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>building a pc

Attached: 1483932203560.jpg (1337x1289, 63K)

Acer Veriton M4630G:

i7-4770
(2+2)+4Gb DDR3 1600 MHz
Sata 7.2K Rpm
970 Strix

(Original) Delta Electronics 350w 80+Bronze
(New) Corsair CX550m 80+ Bronze

I modified this pc with a 970 and bought a new psu for it but i noticed that i need a 24pin to 12pin adapter for the motherboard.

So i get it from ebay but it won't arrive until late september and i'm out of budget to get a closer one

I was wondering if i can use both power supplies (CX for the graphics card and Delta for the rest), if it works ¿what kind of problems will i encounter? and ¿is it safe for the rest of the components?

TL;DR: ¿How do i use 2 psu on 1 rig?

Obligatory question about msrp of 11 series Nvidia GPU's and speculation as to performance compared to current gen.

Is it worth squeezing out some extra money for an IPS screen?

I lot of places say that the colours are better and it's much better for eye strain. However the panels are unreliable and often have issues, and nowhere sells IPS panels locally around me.

is the NH-D15 still the best air cooler?

Higher prices than modern cards
Performance gain in high end cards are noticeable but mid range and entry are just a slight boost

I’m to lazy to build my own where’s the cheapest place I can order one from?

Thank you for humoring my delirious daydream of a significantly more powerful 1180.

More or less. The Darkrock Pro 3/4 is more or less on par but most benchmarks put the Noctua in front on either noise or temp by maybe one digit or so, usually margin of error stuff.

There has been nothing about the 1160/1065 rumor wise except completely baseless crap.
The 970 came out in September and the 960 came out in January, 4 months later. Same is to be expected here. It'll be 1-4 months after the 1170/1075 comes out before the 1160/1065 comes.
Depends if it's a GP102 die shrink or GP104 die shrink.
Currytech reported GP104 die shrink, but they're wrong at least 95% of the time.
I've been hearing GP102 shrink from more reliable sources, in which case I think MSRP will only be about 10% higher.
If it really is a GP104 shrink for the 1180, then expected price would be a bit more than the 1080Ti and for the 1170 to cost more than 1080 does.

>I was wondering if i can use both power supplies (CX for the graphics card and Delta for the rest)
Yes, that's generally fine. PSU reacts to the pull on the line.

pcpartpicker.com/list/RbNpmq
Is this good?

ECH

Attached: ech.png (923x645, 55K)

I dunno
I returned the popular dell tn panel for an IPS and can't tell much of a difference. A lot of the 'colour banding' I thought I was experiencing was often the videos themselves vs the monitor.

There a specific reason you need the 960 evo? Otherwise it's a waste of money with a performance increase you'll never notice.

And I'm sorry if I sound like a retard, but the GP102 is better than GP104?

What is a clear upgrade from a 4790k?

Ryzen works best with fast RAM, especially Samsung B-die.

Nothing on the same platform. Otherwise the 8700k is the 'newest' i7. The 7700k is basically the same as the 4790k and the i5 chips don't have hyperthreading.

I bought it before I knew not to get it.
At least I got it on sale though.

I'd get a B-Die kit and the Strix 56 for a bit more
ca.pcpartpicker.com/product/V78H99/gskill-memory-f43000c14d16gtz
ca.pcpartpicker.com/product/4t3H99/asus-radeon-rx-vega-56-8gb-rog-strix-video-card-rog-strix-rxvega56-o8g-gaming
And a M12II 520 or a 620 EVO, if you don't need the 960 EVO a MX500 would be cheaper.

if i do 1080p 144hz with a 1080ti will i be averaging close to 144 fps?

This is good to know, tyty

Does it make sense to buy a Ryzen 2000 CPU now when 3000 is just around the corner?

Couldn't it be well over 144hz, technically?
Also seems like major overkill for that resolution honestly, not sure why you'd ever want that combo.

I am building a new PC so platorm does not matter. I need highest single thread speeds possible but still good multi-threaded and the 4790k was good for this.

how long is "around the corner"?

Because it's here now, there's always something around the corner to wait for.

not exactly around the corner, basically Q1 next year
But if people can hold it out they should, it'll be better than the 1000 to 2000 series jump, since the latter was just a process/architectural refinement

6 months

If you have a PC that still does the job now, then the IPC and rumoured clock speed increases of Ryzen 3 would be worth waiting for. Although given Ryzen 2 is barely halfway through its life I'd hardly say 3 is "around the corner", and if you need a PC now I'd just buy an X470 with a 2600 (or what ever does the job) as a place holder and upgrade to a 3600X (or what ever core count tickles your fancy) once supporting bios is released for your board.

>I need highest single thread speeds possible but still good multi-threaded and the 4790k was good for this.
Unironically the 8700k then. Hopefully this isn't just for gaming, but yeah if you need the best single thread speeds with the thread count to match then I don't think there's an AMD option.
Have TMSC even finished making the actual product yet? 6 months seems extremely quick seeing how Ryzen 2000 is less than 6 months old.

It is for audio production and simulating some things and I need the lowest latency possible

An 8700/8700k is the obvious choice for you.

How much cooler would a PC get if you built it without any mechanical HDD? Could you put an i7 inside a small mITX case?

Wouldn't really make a noticeable difference unless the HDDs in question were impeding air flow.

And you can put an i7 in an ITX case, the biggest limiting factor will be what sort of heatsink/AIO you could fit.

best microatx mid case?

phanteks enthoo evolv matx TG.

got one in black and its fucking sick, its a forever case for me.

Posted last thread by accident so I'm just pasting what I said
I know it's specific but just hear me out. Do you guys have a recommendation for a mid tower atx case with a disk drive under 100 dollars?

Why is Phanteks being shilled so hard lately? Does anyone believe that it's not paid shills?

because they make good cases? i've had fractal design stuff in the past, it's great stuff too but i like memed glass which none of the cases i was looking at had.

GP102 is the 1080 and (cut down for) the 1070 die.
GP104 is the Titan Xp, XP, and 1080Ti die. Look at wiki.

Basically just if you aren't satisfied with the performance of your current CPU, it could make sense to get something like a 2400G or 2600/X now and upgrade to the 3000 series 8 core since your same board would work.

But if you can wait, go ahead and wait.

I'd mostly recommend just getting the non-k for mITX. the 8700k is so hot. Delid is pretty much a must either way.

Idk I like their Evolv Shift, but that's it.

The look and feel fantastic, but pricey and shit airflow. Too much of a compromise IMO.
Thermaltake Versa H15 gets my vote. Feels a little cookie-cutter to build in, but it's cheap, great airflow, neat exterior, 240x2 radiator support and small dimensions.

Personally I like the Meshify C Mini

what does RGB stand for?

Roy G Biv

Red Green Blue
Using a combination of those 3 color spectrums, they can make pretty much any color.

red green blue

Like Fractal, they make good quality cases and don't cost too much. They make the best value ATX cases in my opinion with the P300 and the P350X if you want more airflow. Their Enthoo Pro-M is a good option if you want a case with good expandability.
>Idk I like their Evolv Shift, but that's it.
Glad I'm not the only one. I know they have their flaws and size and form is a little obscure compared to more conventional flat cases and towers, but they're a nice looking unit if built right.

Is B-die really even necessary for Ryzen? Is there big enough of a difference for someone on a budget to spend the extra money?

I have a question that is so retarded that I can't find an answer anywhere.
Helping a friend with a 2700x build next week. I know xfr2 generally gives pretty good performance. Is xfr2 on by default? Should I just do a manual oc on it like I have on my 1600?

WHy is building a PC so expensive?

pcpartpicker.com/list/sCNyq4

It's not necessary, but the performance increase is pretty worth the cost. (LL on chart)
10fps, over 12% higher fps, on the 1% minimums is a pretty big deal.

Yes xfr2 is on by default but you can enable PBO in BIOS to get more out of it.
No, you should not do a manual OC on it like your 1600. You will often get better results just by setting PBO to its higher state, especially in applications that mostly just use a core or two.

The main difference of XFR2 and XFR is that it's far far smoother and responsive in the clocks it changes, and XFR2 doesn't get disabled when you increase the BCLK like XFR does.

Attached: the stilt's timings b-die.png (1445x867, 234K)

Not necessary at all, and good performance can be had if you put in the time overclocking with plain old 3000CL15 ram. But B-die compatibility and overclockability is a lot more guaranteed if you can stretch your budget.
Couldn't tell you for sure, but there's been a few anons in the last few threads complaining about high temps and voltage with XFR enabled, and ended up getting good results with better temps manually overclocking. I'll let someone give you a more conclusive answer though.

>The look and feel fantastic, but pricey and shit airflow. Too much of a compromise IMO.

price could be a turn off but airflow is pretty good. just add more fans bruh, its all for aesthetics.

thanks user, seems like I'll just leave it default for him because he will pretty much only be playing gaymes and doing some light coding.

also PBO is not an option because of the motherboard he chose

Specs
CPU: Intel core i5 6400
GPU: Zotac 1050ti
Motherboard: MSI B-150m Pro-vd
RAM: 8gb DDR4
2tb Hard drive
shitty low res monitor

I want to upgrade something but I don't know what I should upgrade first and when. I heard that in a month or so new gpus and cpus are dropping that will most likely reduce prices. Any help here?

upgrade cpu now and gpu in like a year or so

thanks user

you seem to have decent rig now. New cpu and gpus are always gonna drop soon. Zen 2 is shaping up to be a huge deal.

>want to upgrade CPU cooler
>realize that I'll have unplug everything from the mobo, remove my GPU, take the entire mobo out, remove the old cooler, remove the old thermal paste, apply new thermal paste, set up the new cooler, and then put everything back together
>end up not doing anything
feels bad being a lazy fuckwit

When you feel like doing it, it's probably worth upgrading your case to one with a motherboard tray with CPU bracket access

Should I pay an extra $40-50 for a z370-e? I wouldn't need to install a wifi adapter

yes. inbuilt wifi is good, especially if you have itx or matx board.

depends on if it has external antennas or not

does anything run shit/slow or lag? you didn't list a ssd so i would get a 240gb-500gb ssd at least.

probably a new monitor too, something 60hz ips if you play non fps/casual games a lot.

its actually fine for most games but escape from tarkov is giving me a lot of trouble but that might just be bad optimization.

>using wifi instead of ethernet

Attached: 1528952445944.png (759x822, 428K)

>be me
>clean dad's old office cb rats everywhere
>find box with old hardware
When did mobos stop comin with AGP ports? im unable to test this horny boy

Attached: 8700a0f4-85a0-49d0-a845-2969094b9b1c.jpg (768x1280, 92K)

Current build:
pcpartpicker.com/list/6GJyq4

At budget

Thoughts?

looks good. go for it.

Early 2000s.

get an 8 inch ryzen instead.

6 inch is for dicklets.

Attached: 1490432345556.jpg (1280x720, 347K)

>not using satellite

Attached: girl.jpg (1280x720, 295K)

Gained 38% fps switch from non XMP memory to these timing on a OCed 2700

Shits insane how much memory improves ryzens speed
I am frame capped in PUBG now on 3440x1440 with a vega 64

Attached: 3400fast.png (1052x753, 63K)

And now my computer just reset itself.

The Versa is legit.

You should have gotten a case which allows you to access the motherboard backplate without taking the motherboard out entirely.

wtf why is it that much more? You can get really cheap AM4 boards with wifi built in.

That's not AGP, is it? Doesn't look like legacy PCI either.

I render crude lewd figures in Daz studio with Nvidia's iRay. I want to build a render rig like pic related. Where do I start?

Attached: nvidia-8x-titan-x.jpg (1920x1440, 496K)

Yes it is(AGP) at least thats what the description says: nVidia Riva TNT2 M64 32MB

Alright anons, here's my build
pcpartpicker.com/list/PMMPKB
I have bought everything I need except a case. If you guys have a recommendation for one, I would be glad to hear it

meshify c, light glass. on sale now:

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?item=N82E16811352084

>light glass

cant spell light glass without it ass

The ODD narrows it down, off the top of my head a Corsair 100R or Obsidian 450D wouldn't be bad.

Looks good but the issue is that it doesn't have a slot for an optical drive. I know a lot of people think it's autistic and outdated to have one but it's mainly because I have a window 10 installation disk, a few movies, and old games on cds.

>Meshify C
>disc drive

I want to buy an rx 580 because I have a soft sport for Radeon but is it bad value in this day and age? Where I live I can pay the equivalent of $80 extra and get an 8 month old 1080 instead.

>Has a 2600x
I'm not a dicklet...

>I want to buy an rx 580 because I have a soft sport for Radeon but is it bad value in this day and age?
Not really. Price is usually comparable with a mostly identical performing 1060 6gb. Performance per watt the 1060 is superior by a great deal, but the Radeon card has the advantage of freesync monitor support, which I feel is more relevant with these midrange cards than it is for higher end stuff.
>Where I live I can pay the equivalent of $80 extra and get an 8 month old 1080 instead
If you need the performance of the 1080, that's not a lot more card for your money. Just be aware of the pitfalls of buying secondhand. If it was me buying, I'd want at the very least a demonstration of it working. Buying ex mining cards isn't the end of the world (presuming this was such), it just depends how it was treated.

Should I get a mobo with pre installed wifi or buy a regular mobo and a wlan adapter pcie card?

PRE INSTALLED NIGGA, wifi is shit so get used to it.

>that's not a lot more card for your money
Fuck, I meant "that is a lot more card for your money", before I get accused of shilling AMD.

How's this build look?
gonna be using it for gaming (obv) and for data analysis work with python and SQL

Attached: Image-03.png (2282x1264, 394K)

Looks great, I like the Enthoo Pro M

just set it on the psu shroud and take off the glass sidewall if you want to put a CD in

pay 20 bucks more for c14 timing samsung b die

get m.2 ssd
>"NVMe drives, on the other hand, provide write speeds as high as 3500MB/s. That’s 7x over SATA SSDs!"

Attached: 1532733418287.jpg (1493x1000, 238K)

>just use a PITA workaround for an example that's not suited to the application
No thanks.