Techlet here. company is giving me up to $2k for a laptop and suggested thinkpad x1c, t480...

techlet here. company is giving me up to $2k for a laptop and suggested thinkpad x1c, t480, or dell 7490 but said any non mac within budget is fine. any suggestions? i dont think i need a dedicated gpu because the it guy wont let me play games at work anymore but im not opposed to one. thanks

Attached: 1532835390645.jpg (633x349, 117K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gentechpc.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=AERO-15W-V8-BK4-Build
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Buy an x201 for 80 dollars
Get the motherboard mod from 51b chinks
Now you have the perks of the retro thinkpad design with new hardware
Get an ssd and 32 gigs ram and maybe an egpu if u like games
Also buy a better display and use sandpaper to shrink the bezzels

This is the path im going down anyway

you retard. go buy a MacBook Pro 15. if it goes over budget add some of your own money. its by far the best laptop and you can add your meme egpu through thunderbolt 3 later

you can have windows on a bootcamp partition. macOS is way fucking better than shit windows

Get a Mac you will regret getting anything other than a mac within 2 years.

t. faggots

Attached: faggot.jpg (638x638, 45K)

(You)

Attached: gay.jpg (720x711, 44K)

Lol dont listen to these fgts, they’re memeing
Macbooks are really shit
>stupedly overpriced
>everything is soldered, proprietary storage so your getting assfucked on price. if ur mac breaks, too bad fuck you, you just lost all your data
>shitty cooling, cant even handle stock speeds let alone boost speeds
>no usb, no hdmi, no mini dp
>shitty gpu, comparable to the lowest end nvidia mx 150/gt 1030
>very short key travel on keyboard, like typing on a touchscreen also no function keys
>likelier to get nigged, also everyone in the room knows your a fagot
>mac os is fucking retarded and everything runs 50% slower due to shitty optimisation

Older thinkpads are best imo, especially with newer cpu replacements
Other than that you could get surface book 2 or xps

whatever you get, make sure is a brand new laptop.

don't fall for the used memepad/shitbook meme, new machine is always better than any old ass laptop

YOU RETARD

FUCK YOU

FUCK APPLE

>xps
aren't the new ones shit?

thats my plan

>use sandpaper to shrink the bezels

Attached: 1515027125107.png (657x527, 225K)

Lolwut
Apple computer is the best ?
The only thing Apple Potatoes excel in, is draining your money faster then Assembler 86 drains your sanity

Get the aero 15, it's pretty much the xps 15 but with a better panel and gpu. Get it from here with the conductonaut for 1 cent so thermals will never be an issue.
gentechpc.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=AERO-15W-V8-BK4-Build

Anniversary edition ThinkPad?

Get a Sager custom built laptop

Clevos are great in their own right, but they tend to have bad battery life and the same lg panel they keep using is a bit outdated. They're great if you're wanting to exclusively game, but they aren't quite for professionals.

T480 is a very good machine. A few coworkers have them at work, they're fantastic. The hate for the newer thinkpad keyboard design is unjustified imo, they're just as nice but more rugged and quieter.

>any non mac within budget is fine
insist on a mac you sissy basedboy

>>stupedly overpriced
>>everything is soldered, proprietary storage so your getting assfucked on price. if ur mac breaks, too bad fuck you, you just lost all your data
>>very short key travel on keyboard, like typing on a touchscreen also no function keys
>all your other retarded drivel

>draining your money

>waah UwU

>waah OwO

>Price
1) company pays for it
>Maintainance
2) if you have an issue with your computer, take it to the IT department. why the fuck do you care whether it's soldered or not
>Keyboards
3) apple has the best fucking keyboards
>Power
4) you don't play fucking fortnite on your company computer. it needs to run your desired jetbrains flavor and that's it.
>Data loss
5) git the fuck off this board.

What motherboard mod is this?

Matebook x pro i7

That a mean lookin pupper...

Dell Latitude 5485 Ryzen if you guys have a Dell rep to go through. Otherwise A485 or Maybe a Dell 7490 if you must go Intel.

mfw the neighborhood recycle

This is how disillusioned this board is...

"Uh hey boss, I picked out my laptop. Can you open this website, 51b..."

better than t480s?

Get a P51. This is a machine that will serve you for few years.

I died

xiaomi pro i7

Literally kill yourself autistic freak