Tv kills radio. internet kills tv. what kills internet?

tv kills radio. internet kills tv. what kills internet?

Attached: 1530901496003s.jpg (249x154, 5K)

The botnet

Fpbp

Actually, I think computers killed tv, and then smartphones killed desktop computers.

The world wide web (internet as you call it) is a different spectrum in this equation.

What would kill smart phones? Maybe a more blunt surveillance device, like surgically implanted chips or collars or something.

Email killed Fax
Youtube killed TV and Radio
Reddit killed Teletext

you're too stupid to understand the question
leave this thread

google glass would have if they didnt shut it down.

a similar technology will kill it, augmented reality has powers you cannot comprehend.

Podcasts.

internet is not a device

Nothing.
Even when we get to the point where we have brain implants and we can search the web just by thinking, the internet will still be around.

Hypothetically if devices communicate via say quantum teleportation would it still be the internet?

Nothing. Internet is endgame

yes but when he referred to the radio and tv he didn't mean the actual device, he meant the services that people use it with
retard

Outernet is clearly the next logical step

decentralized internet.

more and more like a living organism.

You're too retarded to understand his answer. Abortion yourself. Its never too late.

The internet isn't even a direct object. Everything else in your ass list is.

The radio star

world war 3

Attached: 1272623869311.jpg (500x738, 35K)

So why not compare service to services? You and OP are gay af.

the internet isn't a tangible thing you fucking retard
the internet is a network of devices all around the world, nothing can replace that on any level even if we become anime catboy cyborgs or some shit
the definition is too broad to be killed

Governments will kill the internet.
User generated and controlled content is way too much freedom for the sheep.
I'd like to think that we'll eventually have decentralized internet in one way or another, but they'll make that illegal. Not that it isn't already illegal in many countries, if not explicit, then implicit with RF regulations, broadcasting licenses, etc.

op is a dumb frogposter so it's obvious you have to figure out what the retard is trying to say instead of what's he is saying

you're just as dumb as the other moron

The Matrix

Attached: All that Jazz.png (741x1014, 644K)

Says the faggot that can't see the obvious difference between 2 completely unrelated platforms. Call me what ever you want. Your post makes is like comparing mayonnaise to wood. I'm so sorry you're not bright enough to see it.

radio kills internet. you'll know it when you see it.

Collars would be kinky

he's talking about networks dingus
nobody listened to the radio when they got tv
nobody watches 'tv' anymore when they got netflix
they still use an actual tv
you should try going back to 2nd grade it might help you

Attached: 1463354830998.gif (400x225, 1.95M)

Are you saying that video ...
... killed the radio star?
In our minds, and in our cars?
It would seem we can't rewind. We've gone too far...

Attached: 1529964787818.jpg (480x360, 8K)

Future generations will grow bored of the internet. There will be a push for more traditional pastimes, face-to-face contact and outside activities after the negative effects of the modern web go mainstream. These things come and go in cycles.

yes I remember in history class learning about the great Roman internet

VR

>There will be a push for more traditional pastimes, face-to-face contact and outside activities

Attached: 1521373332166.jpg (2122x1415, 1004K)

cancer

Nope, there is just too much money in the internet for a government to do anything.
Remember net neutrality? Google almost won, despite it being a negligible piece of regulation. They still might win yet.
Imagine legislation that would legit destroy the internet, there would be no hope to do it.

Ah thanks for clarifying how retarded you are.
>object kills object
>service kills object
>What will kill service
If you took a break from swallow all of OP's disgusting man juice, you'd see the issue. Although I doubt you will. You're too busy pretending that it makes sense. Nu/g/ is so gay.

Maybe Cyberspace? Probably combo of Virtual and Augmented reality.

Attached: 1532927343201.png (624x833, 520K)

the jews

If they fail with their absolutely crazy power grabbing then they'll tear it down before the people trust it enough to have reasons to tear them down.

how's that rock you live under?
never heard of people referring to television networks as tv?

>tv is dead
Youtube is also "television", dumb-dumb. What has been killed, if anything, is broadcast.

jews
indians
sjws

What are you like 30? Fucking no one calls a TV a service except fucking boomers.

i think eventually people will get sick of tech and it will become hipster to unplug from it. just wait and see. gen z is the generation that grew up with all this stuff and eventually they will get burned out on it. but even if im wrong and they dont. capitalism will make sure internet costs $1,000 per month and you have a bandwith caps so eventually it will die anyway.

>capitalism will make sure internet costs $1,000 per month and you have a bandwith caps so eventually it will die anyway.
you mean jewish regulations preventing competition.

The extranet.
underrated

Attached: smug_anime_character.jpg (298x169, 5K)

Damn you beat me to it (no pun intended)

t. boomer

monopolies are part of capitalism. your precious freemarket is a broken system held together with glue. it's a capital race. whoever accumulates the most capital first wins. after that they can buy out any company the want. it's only been happening since the dawn of time.

I see this everywhere nowadays, what does the "t" stand for and where does it come from? It feels so wrong.

some finnish thing
it means regards or from, like you see at a bottom of a letter

Too bad the brain is the central processing unit.

The collective consciousness.

>after that they can buy out any company the want.
can't buy if you dont sell and stay private mate.

not to mention without jewish regulations you can just start a competitor and have everyone switch.

>brainlets actually believe this
toplel.

the brain is 100% distributed in its computing power, each neuron is its own independent computer.

So is the CPU and the transistors, doesn't change the fact that it's the central processing unit.

Radio stars.

The universe.

The final stop of technology

Oof, most wrong answer in the thread

transistors only do 1 thing, neurons do more than 1.

good try retard

>Oof
spot the redditor.

why would save and post an thumbnail?

Attached: 1511756302986.png (1267x785, 99K)

>neurons are cells that are specialized to pass signals to individual target cells
You're so retarded you're denying that CPU means central processing unit. This is how retarded you are.

There's just about an equal number of processes involved in the workings of a transistor than is in the workings of a neuron, physically speaking, but even ignoring that they do very much the same thing: Information in, information out. Or rather: Amplifying input. Everything above that is a matter of arrangement/linking in both CPUs and the brain.

Also how do you define "computer"? A neuron, from the perspective of its function inside the brain, certainly isn't a whole computer. However if you would consider following physical laws (and therefore creating an output from an input based on those laws) a computation, then literally everything is a computer and your argument is meaningless.

phoneposters can't tell what's a thumbnail

>There's just about an equal number of processes involved in the workings of a transistor than is in the workings of a neuron, physically speaking
god damn you are hyper retarded.

i can't imagine being this fucking stupid.

Back in the day it was considered good practice to have images no larger than necessary. I actually still feel satisfaction from seeing file size considered when transferring information.

That would be the least controversial claim in my whole comment, what exactly are you taking issue with in that? Am I falling for bait?

>That would be the least controversial claim in my whole comment
hyper retard bait.

We're at the end game muthafucka.
The internet will die only when humanity does.

thanks for the hiding_rug_pepex64HQ_RAW.png

internet was the high point
from now on we are moving backwards
to tv, because it's easier to commercialize
and in the post apocalypse we are using radios again a la "Terminator"

Attached: terminator.jpg (620x368, 149K)

t. newfag

the darknet

"Internet 2" is going to kill the internet

The next version of the internet will be completely decentralized, it'll be a gigantic mesh network where we all connect our routers together wirelessly and everybody sends data to each other by piggybacking around from network-to-network. Even if you aren't using the internet at any given time, your router will be used by other people in your area to reach people.

What does this mean? This "internet 2" will be completely free and it'll be unregulated. The internet will truly become a lawless place again. I'm certain it will have its share of difficulties, but that's really the end-all, be-all that'll make people give up on the regular internet.

Wouldn't the internet still be the infrastructure over which VR operated? Or do you mean to say that traditional internet activities like staring at a computer/phone screen will decline in popularity?

Either way, I see the internet as the final convergence of an evolving information delivery system. Augmentation and full mental immersion are the last stops.

The DreamNet will be our daily driver for the financially independent. Those without means will be stuck in the pits of Reality.

“If God did not exist, it would be necessary to invent him.” Why not Heaven and Hell, too?

mesh network wont work without massive amounts of cheap memory to cache everything.

each person would have to have petabytes at each node.

either that or router technology achieves terabit speeds.

I was just thinking about that. It would be efficient for each person to have caches of popular websites so that the same data isn't retrieved from the source as often.

It is going to be messy. You could, say, download the Wikipedia page of, say, Killer Whales that is 7 days old right now, or you could wait longer for the newest version of that Killer Whale page to be retrieved.

Robot AI waifu/husbando that answers all question you have.

I'd say something to do with AR or VR. Flat screens aren't very immersive and can only go so far to mimic that natural environment.

Each medium borrows off the last in some way and adds something new to it. So to me the next thing will basically build off of or use the internet, but add so much to it that it becomes it's own thing.

the internet can't be compared to those things you idiot, radio and tv PRODUCE content, the internet just MOVES data, including audio and video content.

Dumbass

>what kills internet?
Dumb frogposters.

>radio waves produce content
>but television waves just move data
thats how stupid you sound.

Attached: fry.png (603x452, 188K)

>99kB

>what kills internet
phones already did

>phone users don't use the internet

VR.

radio is 1d (f)
tv is 2d radio (x,y)
web is 3d tv (x,y,t)
vrchat is 4d tv(x,y,z,t)

Considering all the best technology is based somehow off nature. What beats a hive mind?

Slack killed IRC.

What about VR is in competition with the internet?

>t. newfag boomer

centralization, regulation
>no adoption
>no content
its never happening

shut the fuck up with these muh decentralized internetz!!!1 memes
you had these concepts for ages and no one picked up on it due to the sheer horrible matters
and no, it won't magically be good because memory of Internet culture will still be very much alive

>smug_anime_character
That's The illusive garrys shephard

Raising a family

Normies.

china.