Explain to me why I should or shouldn't buy the new Macbook Pro. Ideally both for and against

Explain to me why I should or shouldn't buy the new Macbook Pro. Ideally both for and against.

I would buy either it or a Razer Blade.

Attached: 15-apple-macbook-pro-15-inch-2018.jpg (830x467, 42K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NYVjIjBMx6o
howtogeek.com/198043/how-to-merge-folders-on-mac-os-x-without-losing-all-your-files-seriously
youtube.com/watch?v=AUaJ8pDlxi8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

To show that you are not a faggot?

Stupidly overpriced.

I have one of the new MBPs. It's a great machine. Here are the things I don't like about it:

1) Even though it technically has the power for light gaming, the heat and the noise make it a shitty experience. Even for games like Hearthstone.

2) The screen is nice but why not 4k?

3) Wish it had a 1080 webcam

4) It is expensive even for MacBook Pros.

pic related exists and it's only ~$1400 from microsoft depending on where you live

Attached: huawei-matebook-x-pro.jpg (800x500, 175K)

The keyboard is absolute garbage. I touched one once and hated it.

It's a bit pricey for the performance, you're mostly paying for the design of the machine and the OS, which are pretty nice.

Windows 10 has ads in the OS

Huh.
Well, I personally fucking hate MacBooks, but I do work on them relatively often.
You should get MBP if:
>a) You like MacOS
I personally hate this piece of shit, but there are people who like it. If you're inexperienced and/or indifferent to the OS, it'll become progressively worse the better you are at operating Windows.
If you're coming from Linux, however, you might like it over Windows.
MacOS is a worse dev platform than Win10 (except for MacOS/iOS-oriented development, of course), but it's strictly better than every Windows prior to 10.
>a.1) You like using trackpads.
Trackpads on MBPs aren't any better than trackpads on modern business-class laptops. However, MacOS is highly optimized for making your trackpad experience feel better.
>a.2) You're going to primarily use it as a Facebook machine of sorts
MacOS is fairly good at managing light loads. It's noticeably faster than Windows at jumping in and out of sleep, so if you'll be frequently opening/closing it to browse some shit - you'll probably notice it.
>a.3) You'll be developing for MacOS/iOS
It's possible to develop for MacOS from Windows/Linux if you really want to, but it's much easier on MacOS.
>b) You like high-resolution displays on hardware they don't belong.
Okay, the last part is my personal preference showing. I don't get a boner from seeing 2017 15" MBP's display nor do I think it looks much (if any) better than the 1080p 14" screen of my T460s (and ThinkPads have shitty screens on the average).
>b.1) You like connecting high-resolution displays to your laptop and staring on the GUI of your OS.
MacOS generally handles UI scaling better than Windows.
>c) You own other Apple devices.
If you have other Apple shit and you like it I see nothing wrong with taking an advantage of their ecosystem.
>d) You like the looks

Someone post Rossmann's rants

>2006-2015
>trackpad impossible to click near upper edge & loose at bottom
>flimsy diving board piece of shit
>even applel admitted it's shit and went back to non-click touchpads
>shit tier 1mm travel chiclet kb
>OSX has horrendous battery management
>applel's solution is to cram in a heavy 95WHr battery
>even XTREME GAMER laptops like razer blade with 4X the CPU/GPU power and 70WHr battery matches it in battery life
>gets BTFO by 55WHr Windows laptops in battery life
>huge battery takes up the space where a cooling system would've been in a laptop not designed by the world's thinnest and lightest gay hipsters
>abysmally crippled cooling system leads to constant overheating
>constant overheating leads to chronic throttling to 800mhz
>heat exhaust BLOWS HOT AIR ONTO SCREEN
>screen assembly HELD TOGETHER WITH GLUE
>retina meme for "pros" have have glossy mirror screen impossible to use with overhead lighting
>blurry as shit retina meme scaling
>shitbook air even worse with 1366x768 TN eye cancer
>systemic battery explosion problems for over a decade

>2016+
>same problems as above plus:
youtube.com/watch?v=NYVjIjBMx6o
>can't use any existing TB3 devices
>can't use USB and wifi at the same time
>ultra shit tier zero travel kb
>keyboard louder than WWII cricket
>keyboard fails and requires $1000 repair if a speck of dust gets under a key
>memetouch emojibar
>soldered ram
>soldered SSD
>tamper tape on battery screws
>applel falls for their own thin meme and uses 54WH battery
>2 hour battery life
>no USB-A
>no escape

>it's 2018 and moving folders around in finder will STILL cause massive data loss
howtogeek.com/198043/how-to-merge-folders-on-mac-os-x-without-losing-all-your-files-seriously

>macshit literally has the build quality of a $200 acer for 10x the price
youtube.com/watch?v=AUaJ8pDlxi8

>macshit is good
Can we finally put an end to this meme?

Attached: 1512902449925.png (2560x1440, 2M)

go drink bleach

>t. mactoddler that can't handle the truth

I'm just sick of you shitting up threads. I don't actually give a fuck what a consumerist paid-shill piece of shit likes or doesn't like.

Incredibly overpriced for what you're getting. Heavy thermal throttling if you try to do anything intensive on it. Build quality is subpar.

Only real reason to get a MBP this generation is if you really like MacOS. If you're not super attached to it, get an XPS15, a Matebook, or a Blade Stealth. All will do far more than the MBP can for far less.

see

Continuing from You shouldn't get an MBP if:
>a) You care about performance
People think Apple shit throttling itself is a meme. It is not. MacBooks are incapable of efficiently using even 90% of their resources. As soon as you place a MacBook under a heavy load it'll shit itself.
There are two main problems:
1) MacOS is fucking shit at managing resources.
2) MacBooks are fucking shit at cooling themselves.
>b) You like using GUI and still being efficient
MacOS GUI is pretty fucking bad in terms of the things it shows you, things it allows you to do, available shortcuts, default behaviors, etc.
>c) You care about versatility
The general rule of the thumb for Apple products: they work great with each other, they work bad or don't work at all with everything else.
Also, no ports - enjoy your dongles.
>d) You like typing things
The keyboard is bad. The touch bar is bad too. I generally don't care, but they are bad. I'm tired of hitting the fucking Siri "button" instead of Delete.
It'll also be hot as fuck if MBP is actually doing some work.

ebin

>Trackpads on MBPs aren't any better than trackpads on modern business-class laptops

Gonna disagree on that one. Macs are the only laptops left that don't have dogshit trackpads. One of the only things that Apple still gets right.

>I should or shouldn't buy the new Macbook Pro
Have you tried keyboard on this thing? It is fucking horrible.
Imagine rubber keys on remote... And this has worse feedback, that that thing.

>Macs are the only laptops left that don't have dogshit trackpads.
Read the whole sentence, user. I'm frequently using T460s and 2017 MBP. Their trackpads feel pretty much the same until it comes to the pinching, gesturing, swiping, etc. All of which is purely OS functionality.
There are two things that are objectively better with the MBP's actual trackpads:
1) It's bigger
and that's irrelevant for me
2) It allows you to actually "click anywhere"
which I consider being pretty big, but I personally prefer taps to clicks.

I'm not talking about gestures, I mean when it comes to actually working for pointing and clicking I haven't used a laptop that didn't fuck up except Macs.

Again, T460s. Literally no difference in pointing, clicking, and one-directional scrolling. I had plenty of times I used them both side-by-side without a mouse.

obvious troll thread, like who is in a toss up between a macbook pro and a razer blade ??

>So i am looking to buy a mustang, I would like pros and cons
>I would buy it, or a train.

If you want the macbook at least get an extended warranty on that thing and backup your data on the regular.

i'll give you a reason not to buy either:

everything is soldered. you can not upgrade anything on either computer yourself and in a couple years when it starts to slow down, you will be shelling out another 1-2 grand for a newer computer. buy a thinkpad or some other laptop where you can upgrade storage/memory yourself and you'll save a ton of money and effort.

also if you're looking at the razer blade i assume you're a gamer? the mbp sucks cock for gaming. you will need to buy a fucking egpu for a machine that already costs ~ three grand. ridiculous.

Attached: a8873c2a2de45360e07499c500cb7a27-usp1-01.png (1505x649, 913K)

For:
Really nice external build quality.
Probably best trackpad currently available on any computer.
Long battery life.
Really nice display
MacOS is comfy but ymmv

Cons:
Significantly overpriced
Less powerful than other laptops at the same pricepoint
Internal build quality is suspect
If anything goes wrong, you are pretty much fucked and will have to pay several hundred dollars at the minimum to get it repaired
Very limited io
Screen can bruise easily if you put it in a backpack

well said user.

Adding a few things
Cons:
Keyboard ranges from "a bit shit" to "hot garbage" depending on your preferences
Absolutely no upgrades. You better configure exactly what you think you will need for the life of the machine when you buy it because it is IMPOSSIBLE to upgrade later.

Do your fucking homework.

And go to an Apple Store and check for yourself the trackpad, the keyboard and the Touch Bar.

Of you like screen and design get huawei matebook pro. It really is better in everyway that makes MacBook good.

But unironically, get thinkpad and install gentoo

>IMPOSSIBLE
OWC can upgrade MemeBooks

Impossible for a normal person you autist.

Touchbar is useless, keyboard is shit (and breaks with particle dusts in the air), laptop runs hot as fuck even for trivial tasks, macOS has weird behaviors (e.g. Ctrl+d in a terminal doesn't close the whole window but only the shell, leaving a useless terminal window hanging until you click it away).
Many people love it and can work on it, so just do a conscience exam and if you can afford the 6k$ then go for it. You already decided that you want it.

As an owner of tMBP 15 and Dell XPS 15, I can tell you that the Mac is shit, but is a plug n play machine.

Attached: 20180403_062827(1).jpg (3668x2121, 1.84M)

Get a Gigabyte Aero instead

I'm not sure what looks worse, the bigass touchpad or the dell xps

This

If you are gonna pay obscene prices for a laptop it might as well be a "good" one.

Forget how the touchpad looks, it works like a dream.

its not so much about how it "looks" as it is the fac that if i put my palm down and have the cursor go everywhere

although I heard they have something to prevent that It still doesn't sit well with me I feel like it'd be glitchy all the time

It's not glitchy at all, they literally have best-in-class palm rejection.

You should buy it because apple makes the most powerful computers on the market. They are second two none.

Attached: 1528009124612s.jpg (125x125, 3K)

Drag and drop from desktop to Finder doesn't work half of the time. Tell me that I'm clocking wrong...

I got mine a few days ago. Very nice machine. But I'll be exchanging it for the space grey version because it looks amazing in person.

I also thought about getting the razer blade but ultimately didn't because the quality check is garbage and every single one of these flagship windows laptops have severe backlight bleed. Not to mention it'll halve in resale value in a year, not it matters if you don't plan on reselling, but still it's not a great feeling.

The only reason why I might hold off is for the surface book 3...if there's a refresh this year with the hexacores and a power draw fix. The 15" 4:3 on the sb is tempting and I honestly think it is the only realistic alternative to the mbp.

Attached: Screenshot_20180731-041854.png (1440x2880, 393K)