This guy is the most pretentious person that I've ever seen in the Linux community...

This guy is the most pretentious person that I've ever seen in the Linux community. Sometimes he manages to be worse than that fucking faggot Lunduke by promoting software that no one should really care about.
Most of the shit that he shows off is utterly inferior compared even to other software also available on linux (eg: ranger vs. dolphin).
What impresses me the most is how he manages to convince people here to actually use piece of shit software on a daily basis.

Attached: iV5QVOVWnJzBjkz6PzyhhFOA_medium.jpg (400x400, 20K)

how does he feel about red hat

He should wear a red hat or the sun will give him a red head.

are you actually mad? oh god how much onions you ingest daily kid?

His videos on latex are pretty good, but yeah I agree to an extent.

No he's not.
Not while the pic related is a thing.

Attached: foetering.jpg (864x576, 161K)

>eg: ranger vs. dolphin

can you lauch vim to edit multiple file names from dolphin though?

he's a boomer.

his youtube videos are funny because the guy knows his Jow Forums memes.

cares too much about linux for a non developer.

i'm a dev and I don't even care as much as him.

t. Luke Smith

Don't pretend like you can't open a directory on Dolphin and use "open a terminal here" from the context menu and then do it from there.

you don't even know what feature I'm talking about, no, that doesn't do it.

>reddit spacing
shit dev
go back

Attached: 1532910368077.jpg (1080x1704, 597K)

>implying using the GUI to select the files to be renamed and then pressing enter and moving to the next file using Ctrl+F + repeat isn't just as faster as using next/prev on vim
This is why I can't tolerate retards who insist on using the CLI for situations where it doesn't really benefit them that much.
Try doing/thinking what Luke does on an internship or when you get a job lmao.

Attached: 1487508657126.png (475x375, 189K)

why do you insist on pretending to know what you're talking about when I already told you you don't? with ranger you can throw all files names into one single vim buffer and edit the names from there.

And how the FUCK is that any better than doing it from Dolphin? you do realize that on ranger you can only preview one image at a time right?
>inb4 tilix
oh wow you just split a CLI and now you have one more preview pane out of n fucking images on a folder!
lmao

Because then I can change the entire file list by only changing one and using vim to fill in the rest instantly.

Can I bookmark folders and navigate to them with a keystroke in dolphin?
Can I do a regex search of all sub directories or do I have to open another program?
No? Cool, kill yourself

>can I bookmark folders and navigate to them with a keystroke in dolphin?
You can just add it to the sidebar? lmao what's so hard about that?
>can I do a regex search of all sub directories or do I have to open another program?
>what's the filter bar
lol not a single good argument so far

>You can just add it to the sidebar? lmao what's so hard about that?
More than one key stroke you're asking me to downgrade
>>can I do a regex search of all sub directories or do I have to open another program?
>>what's the filter bar
Doesn't work with regex, again you're asking me to downgrade.
And why? Because you're afraid of a simple cli file browser ? Some people like being power users and you like being a brainlet luckily enough there are pleanty of programs to go around.

He convinced me to buy a thinkpad.

Ranger and urxvt are pretty goat user stop being such a hater

OP gay

Thanks for the free advertising. :^)

Okay, this is epic

Thanks. Make sure to check out my channel and subscribe for more Linux autism.

It's incredibly time efficient for mass renaming files. Just pop like 20 silimar, really messy file names, and use visual mode in vim to mass rename them into something simple.

his autism is pretty mild, honestly

if you want to go see real autism check out the old minimalism general threads

like comment share for a free thinkpad x200

K den to prove it's you what will be the title of your next video

luke-kun why not use gentoo

Why don't you try emacs? I'm planning to switch to emacs and use evil mode, as I am used to vim.

Just write a bash script and add it to the context menu ffs...
>GUI supports multiple thumbnails at once and a preview side pane
>somehow he thinks it's a "downgrade"
I give up.

But it's significantly faster to use vim macros

The time you waste looking for the right file is compensated by a few seconds more on the GUI.

I'm not just assuming you want to try it btw I saw the video asking people to motivate you to learn emacs

Yet another moron who doesn't have a single clue as to what "pretentious" even means. Probably browses Jow Forums.

Attached: brainlet pretending.jpg (601x508, 42K)

Why would i waste a lot of time looking for the file? It's pretty simple in ranger

95% of the stuff you do in dolphin can be done faster using less resources in ranger.

He made me depressed because I decided to try i3 because of his vids and just gave up

this, some hardcore linux users are obese. Even the creator of the linux kernel do not give a fuck about most software in Linux.

>minimalism is his gospel.
>uses Arch/Parabola
Also
>unironically watches Varg
What a retard.

Attached: zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.jpg (385x385, 28K)

did someone convince him to use Emacs?

See Ranger only allows for 1 file preview at a time.
On Dolphin you have multiple thumbnails and a preview side pane.

>>GUI supports multiple thumbnails at once and a preview side pane
>>somehow he thinks it's a "downgrade"
>I give up.
You must have a lot of hemtai to sift through for image previews to be a selling point for you.
How about text previews and html rendering can dolphin do that? Ranger does.

I3 really isn't that bad. It a little difficult to get used to for the first few hours, but after that it's pretty easy. I find it annoying to use floating window managers now I'm used to i3

That's because Linus only uses a browser and some terminals like the good boomer he is.

Linux should be used like that

>Python
that's reason enough to not use ranger
Emacs can

Chances are, if you're naming a text document you SHOULD be naming it something that you can easily find by using Ctrl+F without the need of a preview. Also, Dolphin does support PDF previews just so you know.

>inferior
I just need basic file management dude, and ranger makes that faster without having to use my touchpad/nub.

>redditmacs
no thanks

its quite interesting how his vids on void made void relevant
before he used it the void forums had some pretty good questions
after he used it(which he doesn't anymore) the void forums had much more retarded questions

If you need that feature for some reason, sure, keep using your GUI. Some of us actually like to invest a bit of time into learning a less newbie-friendly system if it means ROI efficiency-wise.
I have no need for image previews. I have no need for mouse support. I do want vim-like bindings that let me search and navigate my filesystem efficiently. I do want gimmicks like bulkrename that save me a ton of time once in a wile. I do want a configurable and extensible file browser.

He's later said that he feels like emacs is not the way to go for him right now, will stick with vim.

testing

this is why good obscure or too hard for the average Jow Forums poster distros are good. the communities are top notch and you will always get helpful advice while 99% of Jow Forums believes it's a meme. true bliss

Then you should be naming your images in a recognisable enough way to not need image previews.
Look how stupid that sounds! That's how you sound!

Why not learn Emacs then, instead of a shitty Python program?

Emacs is great but I find that I like the vim environment better.

But Vim is not an environment, it's an editor.

I prefer vim keybindings and "do one thing well" Unix-philosophy (hence not interested in evil mode).

>comparing the time one would waste on renaming images vs. renaming text files
>inb4 you don't actually program do you?
Yes I do but I also consume media, a ton of it by the way.
I simply cannot see how anyone even if it's someone who does have a couple/many text files for source code/notes/whatever lying around on his drive could benefit from a file manager like ranger. I mean like, unless you're someone saving a buch of fanfics from tumblr lol.

True, but there are a lot of native -nix programs that take advantage of vim like bindings

Then why use a bloated program like ranger?

It does its job well. Yes, it's bloatish Python, but small and fast enough to fit under my pain threshold, especially considering how much I like it's functionalities.

Media? That's your excuse? Do you dump all your video and images into the base directory of a single folder called "my media"? Yeah then you should definitely use dolphin although you really have deeper problems.

>Source files
I have hundreds, possibly thousands.

>which he doesn't anymore
he does, he still regularly updates his repo, even

Get a job Luke and stop shit posting from your dad's house. Uncle Teddy is waiting in the woods for you.

Attached: 1383365938663.png (645x533, 421K)

ranger is god-tier idiot

S E E T H I N G

Why do you care about dolphinvim integration? Text mode vim and mc is the abswer. If you want to integrate gvim, dig around. You *are* using linux, so that comes with the territory.

Look user he used to be alright person.
He said he would never care about any money he makes from videos or he just liked sharing the thing he learned about Linux.
Then he discovered that its easy to make money from the impressionable teens on Jow Forums so he made patreon.
Now he intentionally makes controversial statements and spins things to fit his narrative in order to get more people to watch him.

He's the walking image of a 30 year old boomer.

>you're holding it wrong

fuck off. And care more about actual computer interactions faggot

>Luke
>controversial
lol

Eh, he's not bad. He doesn't preach that his way is the best way. Hell, he even uses a systemd distro. The videos he does on software he recommends serves as a pretty good intro. I use some of the stuff he recommends (like i3, and ranger), and just outright ignore other bits (like arch, st, and sent, and basically most of the suckless stuff that has the config in the code).

If you need someone else to tell you which software to use, and can't accept that others may have different opinions about software to yours, without whining, and calling them pretentious, you're worse than Lunduke.

Sorry, that was a bit harsh.

You're barely better than Lunduke.

Who would win in a death battle between him and Ross Scott?