Install Linux in 2018

> Install Linux in 2018
> Go to shitpost
> Still no thumbnails in the file picker over a decade later

Why?

Attached: whynothumbnails.png (500x393, 127K)

Thank you GTK

It seems that only in OpenSUSE it is fixed. Even in GTK, even in GNOME I believe.

>install linux
What do you mean by this? What distribution of GNU/Linux are you referring to? What window manager are you using?

Installed Mint with KDE. I'd figure KDE, being one of the more bloated environments, would be fine wasting some precious memory rendering thumbnails.

Because gtkdevs a shit.
I'm due for the yearly KDE for the 6th time, is it not shit anymore?

GTK, and C in general is become less and less popular outside of kernels and drivers. No one wants to touch that ancient garbage.

The problem here is not the lack of funding or anything, it's the lack of C devs in 2018.

You can thank Red Hat, the company trying really hard to turn Linux into Windows and worse. Install the patched Firefox or use some Chromium variant.

I forgot, if you use a Chromium-based browser you need to manually install kdialog, the browser will automatically detect it and use it instead of the GTK garbage.

> Fix it yourself with some awkward workarounds

Thanks Linux devs!

>The problem here is not the lack of funding or anything, it's the lack of C devs in 2018.
Yet GTK is still more popular than QT on linux

No thanks to Qt's MOC. Creating a binding for Qt is far more complex than GTK.

Attached: 1518070375536.png (1017x760, 258K)

I know it's a bait thread like the list of games for Linux but I've never had this occur.

firefox uses the gnome file picker. opensuse hacks firefox to include global menu support and use kdialog.

isn't chromium literally a botnet though?
Like it installs blobs in the background?

KDE is awesome today. Love it

if you want thumbnail icons
maybe you should switch to, oh idk, icons view instead of details view mode?

Attached: 1508187576930.jpg (600x449, 52K)

Works out of the box on OpenSUSE KDE. Stop using streetshitter distros and install something made by white people, stupid twat.

Attached: Screenshot_20180731_031312.png (1366x768, 316K)

It will always be shit if they don't change the absolute trash defaults.

Kde wastes less ram than gnome what the hell are you talking about.
Gnome litterally uses electron for add-ons

No problems on gnome