Are mp3 players still a thing?

Are mp3 players still a thing?
Where can I get one?

Attached: sansa-clip-8.jpg (429x500, 23K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ilyker.com/product/voice-recorder/
youtube.com/watch?v=FoUMmzG3suM
sony.com/electronics/walkman/nw-ws620-series
amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00NS3MRKC/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1
ifixit.com/Teardown/Nokia N8 Teardown/3641
head-fi.org/threads/vintage-current-r2r-dac-owners-discussion-insight-and-review-thread.777597/page-65
n8fanclub.com/2012/03/quasarmx-0998-beta-music-player-nokia.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

You should have asked this in /sqt/. They're still a thing, you can buy them in electronic stores or on Amazon.

Yes
Don't

Ok
Why?

Like $2 on ali. Probably fucking awful, but you can shove whatever SD card you like in there.

:(

went to a pallete shop jand got this for three dollars

ilyker.com/product/voice-recorder/

its mainly a voice recorder but it can play mp3s and has a good battery life and good features

Just use an old smart phone for your mp3 player.

That isn't to say that there aren't better models. I'd go for a name-brand and you should be fine if you get it from a reputable source. Panasonic or one of them lot probably still makes them.

>tfw nomore affordable sansa's, philips or cowons

Attached: pp550x550.u1.jpg (550x550, 81K)

Yes, but they are all overpriced audiofag tier shit now. Just use your phone, laptop, whatever.

But my samsum lasts like 2 hours on a full charge.
and my xiami has a shitonne of noise.

Xduoo, Ruizu, old zune/iPod

The Benjie T6 sort of works as the "modern" sansa clip+ equivalent.
Similar size, cheap, supports rockbox and supports a microsd up to 256gb but doesn't have the clip though.

Check out the Shanling M0.
Tiny and apparently sounds kick ass, plus it can stream all the music off your phone

>Are mp3 players still a thing?
There are high end PMPs for audiophiles and bottom end junk for joggers to trash, not much inbetween.
>Where can I get one?
B&H if you want to order on line or check the thread if you want to buy random chinese stuff. If you live in a dense area, you may want to see if there a hifi store around (and not a major chain); they may give you a hard sell but you can actually negotiate with those guys if you know the price of what you're buying.

I have one of those dodocool ones with the jog wheel. battery lasts a bajillion days, has a microSD slot, can get loud as fuck, build quality it solid and it looks kinda cool... dodocool.

navigating it when you have a 128GB micro sd card full of music is a hassle though.

OP here
sansa clip+ and philips spark died.
Both were cheap, but werked

Cut you nails

youtube.com/watch?v=FoUMmzG3suM

Haha epic

If you want something to listen to music with just spend 30$ on a fire tablet.

???

something small, cheap and bluetooth?

For what? There are bluetooth audio receivers with which I've had some success, but they're not overwhelmingly cheap, and you can get smaller and cheaper MP3 players if you just want to listen to music.

>mp3

Attached: soyboy36.jpg (500x454, 59K)

Yes. I got this one. Really like it.

Attached: download.jpg (279x181, 5K)

soibois use applel shit, not mp3

Built in storage or SD? I really like the form-factor.

pls come back

Attached: .jpg (1200x767, 128K)

K
pmp player you cuck

Attached: full.gif (726x400, 349K)

It's a Transcend and has 8 GB but no SD slot. Has got a radio. I already own the 4 GB version. Also can be used as a voice recorder. Maybe it looks pricey, but it's high end.

working out without having a bulky phone and/or cords annoying me.

Attached: real faces of pol.jpg (1024x1024, 114K)

You want a Walkman NW-WS620.

They can act as a bluetooth headset, plus they have 16gb or storage onboard for music.

Plus they are waterproof (you can even swim with them), dustproof, active noise canceling, audio passthrough, and quick charge.

>sony.com/electronics/walkman/nw-ws620-series

Attached: y_NW-WS620_001.jpg (1200x350, 247K)

Agreed. Above all, don't carry a cell but got a pager.

Nokia N8 is the best music player.
High end DAC
FLAC support
micro sd
usb-otg
hdmi

Attached: 1603656.jpg (1600x1200, 292K)

The whole point is that its not a smartphone though. Touch screens are shit, phones by default are uncomfortably large, also battery wasted on screen illumination and probably nsa taking xray dick pics to store your weaknesses on the cloud

what is this

>implying a phone can't play an mp3 with the screen off
>implying airplane mode doesn't exist
>implying going out of your way to whine and cry

I was looking at Shanling M0. Was probably recommended to me here anyway. Looks solid has bluetooth, I will most likely get it.

Pic related is the sansa disk, I have one and is cheap and cool; some useless functions, but nice overall.

I meant, OP pic

buy a LG V35

>when my first clip+broke I bought 3 clip+ when they were still available and now I still have 2 more spares for the future
>mfw I see a post about how it sucks that clip+ isn't sold anymore
Best decision of my life.

Attached: 1309625997111.jpg (460x425, 62K)

>cuz you need hdmi for whatever reason to listen to music

usb otg is supported by all android devices sind 7.0

i heard no report of the n8 having a high end dac

>not using hdmi cables on your 5.1 channel surround sound headphones
smdh

i like your humor

Microsoft Zune

What would you need a dedicated mp3 player for?

Why do you need a dick for?

Peeing and sex, mostly. Though I guess it's not absolutely necessary for either. Now, what do you need a dedicated mp3 player for?

amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00NS3MRKC/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I use this. Pretty happy with it currently have a 128gb card in it.

I use mine for art craft.

Chinks are still doing a ton of mp3 players, from basic cheap shit all they way to high end hifi autism. Ruizu, Benjie, Agptek (mostly rebranded Ruizu/Benjie players), ONN, XDuoo, Shanling, Fiio, Hidizs, Cayin, Cowon, Walnut etc.

I can only speak for myself, but compared to using your smartphone (which I'm assuming you're talking about), it has dedicated physical buttons so I can use it without taking it out of my pants. It's smaller and has more battery life than my phone and I can use it independently from my phone.

The dedicated button thing is by far the most important part, followed by the battery and size.

Headphones with the control buttons could be easier solution and would also serve as handsfree.

Then I'd have more weight on the headphones and still a giant brick in my pocket. I'm sure it's a good solution for most people though. And do these even work with a normal headphone jack?

A lot of modern phones have TRRS jacks. An MP3 player probably won't.

>A lot of modern phones have TRRS jacks.
I see.

>And do these even work with a normal headphone jack?
For the great majority of time they'll work just fine. The only possible problem case is the quite uncommon one of devices using TRS sockets that have the ground contact located so that it only connects with the mic ring in the TRRS plug, in which case the sound will be distant and tinny, and holding down the mic button will make it sound right. Fixable with a simple TRRS female to TRS male adapter.

Attached: trrs-diagram4.jpg (200x180, 15K)

I bought this solely for the fact that it had a hundred and twenty Plus GB Storage.
Loved it 4 3years when podcasts were new..

>supports rockbox
How? I've read this before but I don't see it on Rockbox's site.
Does it do Opus? My Clip Zip got water damage and I'm hurtin.

I don't have a phone.

>being the current year
>still listening to music
>buying plastics with wiring to listen to said music
>not singing to yourself as you confidently walk down the street
You people are trash!!

This little amount of information has made my day, as I have been encountering this problem for a long time. Thanks, user.

I miss my ipod classic so fucking much

Neither MP3 players, nor listening to FM radio, and even ereaders are being slowly phased out, I see more and more normies justify listening to audiobooks because "reading is outdated, plus I can do it on my phone".

I can't wait to have a single device to do everything in my life, but that fails at every single one of those.

10/10 post until you sperged out on the last line.

I used to like audiobooks because I could listen to them on the go, not just as a replacement for reading. Now I'm too antsy to focus on an audiobook so I just listen to shitty podcasts.

>tfw can't find any Rockbox compatible MP3 player, no anything with proper support for formats, replaygain and crossfading

I just wanted to listen to music.

Attached: 407618822489636864.png (112x112, 14K)

Maybe a bit off topic, but does anyone know of any music player which could be primarily used for sports. What I mean by that is, it has some sort of fitness app, or some step counter.
Kind of like a mix between smartwatch and a smartphone.

God damn it. I have those same glasses.

Anything but the Sandisk Clip Sport and Sport Plus. They are shit.

What's stopping you from getting another one?
I did and it feels good man.

Attached: IMG_20180731_163241706.jpg (1200x900, 399K)

Whats a good price for a used iPod Classic? I wanted to meme out with a big SD card and a big third party battery. That guide from the /pmp/ general pasta (which is a dead link) suggested getting one with a borked HDD or battery but the "broken" ones I see are all scratched up.

Just get pic related: Onkyo DAC-HA 300
Sucker has great battery life, good audio quality and you're not gonna throw it away when it's older because of the external DAC capabilities. Battery life's okay, got one of those.

Attached: 71ekM7YgHjL._SY550_.jpg (367x550, 16K)

>a thing

End yourself.

Also, I found a $50 SanClip at my local Goodwill for $5. It was clearly stolen as it was still in the packaging and still had that little plastic lock on it.

I've got one too. Fuck smartphones.

I dunno, guy, I bought mine as soon as I heard they were getting discontinued.

>B&H
holy shit dude

Attached: index.jpg (200x225, 10K)

>Why?
Scalpers, you should had own one already before 2010.

>all these 25 year old boomers wanting to relive the good ol' days of mp3 players
Get a cassette tape player, you young whipper snappers. I got some cheap one online and been listening to it. If I didn't like Huey Lewis and the News before, I sure as fuck better have learned to like them... Anyway, check em.

Attached: check em.gif (366x360, 1.97M)

It's not my fault that good consumer electronics aren't made anymore.

Attached: 1525734072548.png (157x231, 85K)

looks fuckin robust

based and redpilled

>i heard no report of the n8 having a high end dac

It was confirmed when it came out years ago ifixit.com/Teardown/Nokia N8 Teardown/3641

head-fi.org/threads/vintage-current-r2r-dac-owners-discussion-insight-and-review-thread.777597/page-65

n8fanclub.com/2012/03/quasarmx-0998-beta-music-player-nokia.html

Attached: Hh1ay.jpg (1600x1374, 353K)

get an old galaxy s4 and use it as a media player. I have an LG G5 that I carry daily for this purpose, it is always connected to my main phone through a proxy server over wifi to supply data from my main LTE connection.

Even /lit/cucks consider audiobooks reading.

No, I don't think they are. Still, got a clip zip and a clip+ for me and my mom back in 2015. A bit pricey, but didn't regret it. (£33.99 and £24.99)

I've actually bought one of those 2 dollar mp3 players out of curiosity, clearly copy of manta players that are like 6 dorra.
The battery life is like 3 hours and all the settings reset when you turn this shit off but it works. Somewhat.

Feelgoodman user here. After a little while of keeping an eye on Ebay, I got that iPod Classic from an auction listing for 100€. I dropped my maximum bid of 120~130€ (don't remember exactly how much anymore) at the last seconds, but turned out there weren't others with max bids higher than that. Guess it was the condition, a couple of minor scratches on screen window and some nicks and dents on case (apart from the back, those are always messed up on used units) Battery and HDD are in great condition, though.

But talking of good prices. I dunno... I'd say perhaps around 150~170€ max for a used unit in good condition?
I would have mentioned to remember to ask the seller about the battery's condition and to run the HDD diagnostics, but if you're going to thrown in an SD card and replace the battery, then those don't matter.

B&H being literally hasidic is still somehow less jewish than amazon

look for models that can be rockboxed.

I didn't try dropping it yet but the body is completely metal. Knobs/buttons made from plastic.

>great battery life
>battery life's okay

pick one

Sorry, i'm stupid. The battery life's great when listening to music but scanning the SD card for new files takes roughly 20%battery per scan.

i still use a cowon j3 in my car..those things last forever

>implying the mid-range cowons aren't affordable
are you poor or something?

WTF does scanning for a new file mean?

not him, but when you put new files on it has to scan the storage directories to ad files to the content list.