What were Apple thinking with this design...

What were Apple thinking with this design? An exposed power supply is extremely dangerous and could easily harm/kill anyone who works on the imac pro

Attached: exposed power supply.png (1224x679, 1007K)

TUNNEL

"remember if you don't buy tunnel bear, a bear is going to tunnel... into your home"
What did linus mean by this?

You don't work on a Mac, you replace it when it breaks.

thats not a powersupply you dingus

They say right in the video. It allows them to use the main system fans to cool the PSU, though, they should have at least put a cage on it, if not a full shield.

See the big fuck-off caps, inductors, and MOSFET heatsinks? That's how you can tell it's a power supply.

Any qualified tech knows to UNPLUG that power lead before opening the case.
And no, the power supply caps won't hurt you unless you try to eat them. They have discharging resistors scross them if there's any chance of mishap. The UL people are pretty fussy.
Any idea what the input voltage is to that power supply? Want to bet it's 12V?

Caps can hold charge for extended periods of time. Up to days, even.

Then what is the transformer for?

Attached: 1495147543587.png (472x508, 6K)

Any qualified tech knows how to discharge capacitors :^)

>An exposed power supply is extremely dangerous and could easily harm/kill anyone who works on the imac pro
But nobody other than trained Apple technicians will be working on them, so that point is moot.

They were just thinking differently. :^)

Attached: 1529645548097.jpg (997x1000, 303K)

> 18-core Xeon
> 16GB Vega 64
> 128GB ECC
> 500W PSU
how is that even possible? That setup would probably require at least 750W right?

>everything throttles to 800mhz as soon as you put any load on it
>psu load problem solved
>#Applel

yeah I know the macbooks throttle a lot, but does the iMac Pro?

Probably

I can't imagine the airflow is stellar or that the heatsinks are even large enough

for the google ultron

you are holding it wrong

how to discharge capacitors that are soldered and the pcb is screwed onto the case then?

you are looking at it wrong

I just place my tongue across the exposed contacts

>exposed power supply inside an enclosure
wut?

By taking a piss on the pcb silly

Discharge resistors. New tech has to have 'em now.

Even if you're not Applel trained if you don't know what you're doing, you deserve to get a shock.

Attached: 1523608536413.png (622x936, 123K)

Unapologetically deadly.

Attached: unapologetically.png (300x400, 59K)

Are you implying that trained Apple technicians won't make mistakes or that if they do make a mistake it won't be any loss?

>applel

Attached: 1504645489510.png (675x808, 715K)

It's called aversion therapy.
You can avoid shocks by following the rules.
Techs learn this right after learning that hot soldering irons look just like cold ones.
Working with technology is like working with wild animals.

So you're saying that a mistake won't be any loss then.

If you dare to open a holy Apple Grail, you deserve to die

Just remove the battery and power lead from the MacBook before you start working on it. Problem solvef

>What were Apple thinking with this design?

They are hoping someone tries to change the HDD, gets electrocuted, and then dies.

That way they can try to push legislation that makes it illegal to modify hardware you purchase "for your own safety."

Attached: araki15.jpg (1060x712, 64K)

It's not exposed if you don't open your monitor open which most people don't do.

Attached: 8nRqoXW.jpg.png (800x729, 48K)

Nothing wrong with that. Anyone that is retarded enough to get shocked by this only has himself to blame.

Uhh have you guys ever been inside something other than a computer case? 'Exposed' power supplies in electronics are normal.

Attached: amp_onea.jpg (800x498, 94K)

Linus cuck tips

Attached: C1IzaFlUoAARa18.jpg (1143x1200, 186K)

Aversion therapy is not a solution.
>Working with technology is like working with wild animals.
Yeah, and there are people who spend their whole lives working with wild animals and get mauled to death.

People make mistakes. Trained people make mistakes. Limiting risk is the first step, not an after thought. Assume the soldering iron is hot, but don't just walk off leaving it on, and put it in its fucking stand.

That's a well aged meme, my friend.

His daughter is CUTE !

She will get plunged by chads while his sons listen to it all

Attached: 614c7b7d-5dbd-49e0-af55-7935b3c38fd6.jpg (480x360, 33K)

how is having a wife and kids cuck?

They don't expect people to open up and service these machines.
They are considered to be on the same tier as a tablet.
Do you open your tablet and change parts in it or you throw it away and buy a new one once it dies?
You have to remember the people who buy this shit know jack shit about computers other than open up whatever app they use all day for their work and call it a day
>inb4 I set it to repair with the epic manlet memer rossman

Having kids that dont look anything like you

How all kids of WMAF couples are always uglier than each of their parents.

Junto Ito shit right there

It's only exposed if you rip the panel off, so not really exposed.

>t. I don't know what a cuck is, I just parrot it because of my low IQ

If anything, the kids look much more like Linus than they do his wife.

>yeah I know the macbooks throttle a lot, but does the iMac Pro?
Yes. The last Mac Pro that didn't throttle was the fuckhuge desktop one.

>Do you open your tablet and change parts in it or you throw it away and buy a new one once it dies?
Except literally every other AIO besides Apple opens up just fine.

If by "work" you mean repeair then it's only Apple that is doing it. Also, if someone doesn't know that an open PSU is dangerous without taking the appropriate preparation then he shouldn't even open up the iMac in the first place.

But you agreed with apple retardation once you bought their shit.
You shouldn't buy their shit if you want something that's not literally buy until it breaks then throw away tier.
And trust me it will break exactly after the warranty is over because apple waste more money engineering it to fail at the perfect time than making it good.

>trust me
why would I want to do that?

I had the displeasure of working with apple shit since we had the plastic white gaybooks and the retarded lian li knockoff cases.

You're supposed to plug it out before you open it up, you fucking retard. Honestly, it's brainlets like you, that die cause they left the engine on in their garage for too long.

Literally not the same product.

I honestly can't tell if this is amazing bait, or just retarded

he is being cuckolded by a stronger male

>tfw people are doing self-repairs on your product against your will so you attempt to murder everyone that does so

no ~600W with unoptimised hardware
and the vega is capped at 1.35 GHz in the iMac

Attached: Untitled-1.jpg (585x306, 89K)

Those sure worked great to prevent the arc flash that started that rabbit hole.

Cutting corners is more money, what else?

>Apple
>Thinking
Pick one

U BREAK WARRANTY, WE BREAK YOU ARE LIFE!

>An exposed power supply is extremely dangerous
Do you know that some people actually use "exposed" psus in their home-built computers, too?
HDplex to name a popular example.

>when a kid living in some Eastern European shithole looks more like you than your own children
Sound pretty cucked

>applel

>bleeding resistors, what are those?

This is a new level of equivocation fallacy.

>appleshit
>not throttle
Pick one.

Attached: 1518833048112.png (686x955, 520K)

Those Mac Pros where beasts. They're unironically, the best machine Apple made.
They are reports that they can take two X5690 and not even jiggle.
And now there's a mod that allows them to boot from NVME drives. Those machines have a will to cling themselves to life.
I hope Apple makes something similar with the new modular Mac Pro, but I highly doubt it.

>murder people with DC shocks that aren't high to begin

>macshit
Found your problem.

Attached: 1516385951019.jpg (2048x1536, 496K)

good.

>low effort shitposting
The current state of Jow Forums

That is rite sir... brudder pls join in celebrate india Culture.... india Pride......

Attached: .jpg (900x720, 49K)

MY SON

Attached: 1502365554193.jpg (1944x2446, 807K)

Yes any technician with a brain knows how to do what you asked even though you meant it in a rhetorical way because you have no brain.

Are you an idiot?

So 500W just barely cuts it.
This thing won't last vert long, to noone's suprise.

I place my tongue across your mom's exposed contacts

>apple
>thinking
Why are summerfags like this? Why would you need to even CONSIDER the idea of thinking when designing when people will buy your products regardless of whether they work as well as a monkey with a typewriter? Apple would only changed if people changed. People don't change. Atleast not inherently, as in if Apple just dies, we would live to see the day Apple's successor comes in to take its place like a cancer. Just tell your average iToddler your points concisely and if he stops being a nigger, good. If not, then who cares? You are not meant to save people from their own stupidity, only their ignorance.

Pretty sure it won't be DC that will fuck you up if you touch that fucking transformer or the caps.

>320V DC is not high

It's current that kills

Has had more sex 3 more times than all of you.

Kids that aren't superficially similar to you = cuck

got it.

Not, is not that high.
You, for example, probably have been shocked with millions of volts in your lifetime.
Nope. Its voltage, current and time combined.
A 320 DC discharge of a capacitor probably will not kill you, but would be really disgusting.
Thats why those PSUs have bleed resistors and non brainlets know how discharge capacitors.

>An exposed power supply is extremely dangerous and could easily harm/kill anyone who works on the imac pro
Because they, much like everyone else, hates macfaggots and are trying to cull the herd. Tim Cook truly is /our/ guy.

This, it's a combination of Current and Voltage (and time, but that's trivial). It's the amount of current that electrocutes you, but the amount of voltage allows that current to pass through your body.

>Everyone concerned with the capacitors
I'm more worried if the PSU exposes AC elements.

3 * 0 = 0

this.

Absolutely nothing mandates an individual case/shield for the power supply as long as the complete device meets EMI regulations.

Having a wife is a prerequisite for being a cuck, no?

>most users are also bernie fags
>burned politically and financially
kek

>what are capacitors and coils

Jewish tricks that will kill you baby