Hey fa/g/s, hard smoker here and Im wondering Im wondering if smoking can damage my pc?

hey fa/g/s, hard smoker here and Im wondering Im wondering if smoking can damage my pc?

Attached: 4037.jpg (640x480, 49K)

install gentoo

I'm wondering I'm wondering if

Attached: 4BD289EE-37E4-4581-AAE4-76BAD982EDEB.png (205x246, 6K)

let's find out, you're valuable test subject to prove this.

Last time I checked the tar from analog cigs are devastating to both your lungs and electronics.

So I moved to vaping, no more layer or tar all over the place. I breath a lot better now, and no more having to clean all the grime off my walls and everything else.

Louis says that it can.
But I know that some faggot juice vape stuff does corrode copper

just gotta get the chemo for that formaldehyde
> inb4 only retards have this problem

If you have a need to constantly suck something you could try sucking cock instead.

If you don't smoke next to it you should be fine bro

Kek

Why smoke indoors at all? It’s absolutely disgusting.

this

you'll be fine.

Attached: OpIsAfaggot.jpg (1280x720, 102K)

Smoke will get sucked into the computer and the fins of all the heat sinks. When airplanes let people smoke the pressure regulators would get clogged with tar.

Me being a smoker, I can agree with your statement.

Since this thread seems to have taken off with how stupid OP is. I'll respond with a technical answer that OP could have learned simply by doing A+.

Smoking is bad for your computer because the smoke will eventually become an insulator. Just clean your fucking computer.

It damages your brain fkng idiot.

II cracked open a woman's PC that she'd asked me to look at.
It was literally coated inside with tar. Lots of fluff, too.
It stank.
She was a chain-smoker.
Took me hours to get most of the scum off the motherboard. Had to leave some; it wasn't doing any damage.
God knows how the fan kept going.

ITT: idiots who pretend they know about smoking

Just entered this thread: Idiot who rolls his own cigs or vapes because he cant beat the habit, so he tells himself that the big evil gubmint and science is lying about smoking causing cancer

Jow Forums in a nutshell

Yes, it will damage your PC. I'm also a smoker but at least I have the common sense to do it outside so I don't yellow the fuckin walls and clog my PC fans. Stop being an animal and just step outside when you need a cigge, you dumb cunt.

Attached: morpheus.jpg (600x500, 67K)

Vaping long term in an enclosed space is going to lead to build-up of PG etc. On surfaces in the area.

Hence why there are VG only formulas.

Heavy smokers that sit infront of the PC all day chain smoking usually end up with tar'd motherboards and fans, often seized up or uncleanable without scrubbing with a toothbrush. PC will run hotter covered in shit.

Let's ask the second hand PS4 I brought to play spyro and had to completely disassemble and replace the fan+psu outright.

Attached: DSC_0560_1edit.jpg (4755x2008, 2.04M)

*sucks on a nicotine lozenge*

Attached: 693CD2E7-FD36-4DE9-BFA8-D2B7EBEB8796.jpg (397x488, 39K)

show us more..

Attached: 47834784378.jpg (499x499, 27K)

This, my friend who vapes's car windows always have thin film of shit on them

It clogs them up pretty bad. The most disgusting computers I've worked on are always near smokers. Just clean it more frequently and regularly and it should be ok.
You shouldn't smoke though. Try vaping or even a pipe... Its not healthy, but I'm sure you know that by now.

Yes. It builds up a horrible sticky tar+dust muck on everything inside your PC. Because of the tar, it's almost impossible to clean off. Plain dust, a quick blast with canned air and it's gone. Tar dust takes hours of work to clean and there's always some left.

Consider vaping, it's not nearly as nasty. Keep in mind it still eventually builds up a sticky coating of propylene glycol or whatever the carrier stuff they use is. So you might consider going outside to smoke, or blowing your smoke out the window in either case.

fuck off jim

>IndiaInside

thank mr skeltal

Attached: DSC_0597_1edit.jpg (4355x2880, 2.97M)

Why I just replaced the PSU because I wasn't gonna open that to clean it and the compressed air wasn't working because it's sticky

Attached: DSC_0559_1edit.jpg (5417x1735, 2.5M)

Filthy board, went over these with some ear tips and white spirit after the compressed air blew off the loose shit

Attached: DSC_0598_1edit.jpg (4683x2709, 3.45M)

The buildup on the fan sink of the heatsink, the heatsink is also the only think not completely clean because I couldn't get anything between the fins to scrub them but while running it doesn't smell anymore so I don't mind

Attached: DSC_0595_1edit.jpg (4573x2642, 2.54M)

And the old fan, instead of trying to get into the small spaces by the end of the blades and hub and also clean the bearing itself I just dropped a used one in

Attached: DSC_0596_1edit.jpg (3395x3096, 1.9M)

Smokers should be obliged by law to snort this shit into their lungs.

They should also be confined to a hermetically sealed room when smoking until 99% of the cigarette and smoke is physically present in their lungs, as not to pollute the world for real human beings. I swear to god if I would ever get the chance I would ADD more carcinogens, asbestos, cyanide etc to cigarettes so these tards could kill themselves faster.

Attached: 1528635600404.gif (560x552, 321K)

>>Smokers should be obliged by law to snort this shit into their lungs.
They already do, willingly. That's kinda what smoking is.

Attached: 1527002622507.jpg (753x999, 160K)

Because other people want to have clean air outside, thank you very much. Let smokers choke in their own homes.

Fuck you, day ruined

Attached: Many such cases.png (797x456, 79K)

lol it's funny 'cause it's true

Put it in the dishwasher

>analog cigs

Is this a real term that people use

thank mister skeletal

lol, enjoy ur AIDS

>Smoking is bad for your computer because the smoke will eventually become an insulator.
wat

Chews tobacco

How hard do you smoke?
Does walls start to melt!?

based subhuman

thank mr skeltal

I don't get the passionate hate for smokers some people have. When they keep good distance from anyone else in order to not bother anyone around them, you faggots will still do your little dramatic cough where you pretend you have a cancer cell choking you to death just by seeing somebody smoke in the distance

clearly you never watched zvezda

Smoke builds up like tar as it does in your lungs, except on your computer parts, especially on/around fans and heatsinks with fans on them. look at and imagine the cpu cooler is also covered in a layer of that filth.

You could potentially cause a short if tar builds up over exposed contacts and becomes conductive enough. I have seen this happen.

>When they keep good distance from anyone else in order to not bother anyone around them
Lmao

OK in this case I actually was retarded, I was thinking electrical insulator instead of thermal which of course is bad compared to having basically no effect.

we get it, you vape.

It's like how you would react when you suddenly see someone cutting their fingers off, gouging their own eyes out etc, and taking pleasure in it. You can't understand this aberrant self-destructive behaviour, it repulses you to the core, you think "this can't be a human being" because I'm a human being and no fiber in my being could ever think of doing something like that. Smoking is a milder form of this but it falls in the same category and evokes the same but milder reaction from non-smokers. In a way the smoker dehumanizes himself trough his cowardly attempt at suicide. The "dramatic cough" wouldn't exist if smokers kept the harm to themselves but since they insist on gassing innocent bystanders in public places it's the only way to let the smoker know that they should be more considerate.

Yeah I have a couple of photos of computers I've had to work on which absolutely reeked
I used to care a lot, I don't so much now as I just hold my breath and walk past. I don't think people who smoke (heavily) realise just how much like shit they smell. Especially to people like me who have basically never smoked in their life. The only issue I have is people who smoke indoors/trap you and you can't escape their second hand smoke.

Attached: IMG_1252.jpg (3264x2448, 1.52M)

Attached: IMG_1147.jpg (3264x2448, 1.28M)

It's totally fair as a communication method for boundaries, specifically if you have to walk right next to or in the smoke. I just feel like people get off on shitting on smokers too much, or whine too much about a simple smell they don't like.

This OP needs to turn into lgbtq fag

These are nothing... Wish I'd taken a pic when I opened up my grandmother's 2003 XP box. Constantly used and never cleaned once SINCE 2003, I honest to god don't know how it wasn't on fire much less still functional.

Attached: 1511624594451.gif (400x300, 1.16M)

I can't imagine being this insulated and straightedge... Must be nice.

>smoking inside
absolute brainlet

Well I'm pretty sure that Camel does have a couple extra additives for taste (I like Camels)
But also they put a bunch of stems in their cigarettes too so you're getting a poorer quality smoke.
Although I don't roll my own I see how that could be a solution and a hobby by itself.

thank mr skeltal

>weebs go outside
hearty kek, my onions flavored friend

holy shit

>boomer smoking infront of monitor.jpg

>>>>>>>sticking nails through your fans to stop them

yeh it can and will. my friends dad smokes like a pipe and it fucked his laptop up. opened it up and it was just full of ash after about 7 years of use. cleared out the ash and it was ok again

>is a smoker
>wonders if his pc could get damaged from smoking
first of all the absolute state
second sure why not
third kys

it can give your hardware cancer