Friendly reminder

The Linux Desktop is just a meme.

Professionals don't use that dogshit.
The UI is from the mid 2000's
Fuck off

Attached: 592248_265120990254311_1701923394_n.jpg (180x179, 10K)

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.
Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.
There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called "Linux" distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

Windows Desktop is also basically a meme if you're not a gamer

>the ui
>THE linux ui
>implying linux has one ui
This bait is based.

It's a generalization of all Linux WM/DE UIs. At their best, it's mid 2000s UI and about as developed

Totally looks mid-2000s.

Attached: totally 2005, yeh.jpg (1916x1020, 153K)

so far I have worked in 3 companies where the front end of their product ran on windows
while the backend was on linux.
main reason was because people are lazy and get triggered when the UI is different.

In this regard I'm happy my current comp moved on to thin client and web application.
smaller attack vector and less likely for the user to fuck shit up.

linux desktop isn't the future, yeah
but windows desktop is dieing too.

Attached: 1512058960113.jpg (400x300, 22K)

Das rite

Real professionals use KDE plasma desktop

Attached: 1525211183185.png (2048x833, 776K)

This screenshot could literally be from the 2000s. Just because you're using it present day, it isn't any newer.

C++ is shit.
Cout causes data overflow and doesn't flush itself like printf does.
It doesn't need to exist. C is perfect and will be until the rest of time.

Attached: cringe.jpg (399x322, 29K)

That UI would be the most advanced UI of the 2000s I have seen.
Neck yourself, you tasteless virgin.
This thread needs to make like the last three numbers of your post.

>t. based "I have no idea what I'm talking about" NEET poster
sausage Jow Forums!

>t. deluded mempad user

>Linux Desktop
>Professionals don't use that
You are 100% right. They use pure CLI instead.

95% are on macOS
t. been working in SF for a decade

DEVELOPERS, DEVELOPERS, DEVELOPERS.

>UI from the mid 2000s being a bad thing
>Professionals do use it

Very few professionals use a Linux desktop as their workstation. This might be a regional thing, I'm just talking about the Bay Area and Silicon Valley

Linux doesn't have a desktop; it has modules and drivers.

Don't be pedantic, Linux-based desktops

>Don't be pedantic
NORMIES GET OUT REEEEEEEE

professionals in what field? it's really common to see sysadmins using linux as their main

How did you get GNOME 2 desktop?

>Wastebasket
hipster

Not my screenshot.
Just proving a point with it.

>tries to prove point that linux doesn't look dated
>posts a gnome 2 screenshot which isn't even supported anymore

Attached: 1515624972719.png (597x747, 391K)

She doesn't like being addressed by fans anyway.
She has anxiety and can't handle being put on the spot.

Remember SGI? Irix was used by people all around the globe: by companies, by normal people. It was even featured in jurassic park. Why can't we do it again? Irix was awesome

based
retard

Care to explain yourself.

He's a legacy c++ programmer that is threatened by Rust's modern approach

Rust is a solid programming language, I prefer C myself, but Rust is good.
Everyone can agree that C++ is shit though. Even Bjarne Stroustrup realizes he has made a mistake at this point.

oi m8 it's moi dialect

This literally is mid 2000s. Except the folder icons

kek

I'm a professional (ML researcher) and I use Ubuntu. Fite me u lil gaymer bitch

that's xfce I think

>The UI is from the mid 2000's
KDE is more modern looking then the Windows desktop.

Imagine being a grown man and constantly posting bad about certain operating systems. Sad!

Really? I've seen a good bit of people in silicon valley use Ubuntu or something with xfce and then alternate between Windows and Linux by either using a VM or just dualbooting

i myself use Ubuntu 16.04 with the default ass UI because it's easy to work with and I have less overhead to train ML models with

its mate, mate

shit-tier bait

I use ubuntu at work erryday

He's not wrong.

>The UI is from the mid 2000's
Is that supposed to be an insult? :^)